DEATH PACT SUPER STRATEGY

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I downloaded this days the replays from WC3L season 7 and I saw the most awesome way to use death pact.
Those guys used death pact to kill a friendly unit (especially abomination) when that unit was almost dead. The strategy is to prevent the oponent to gain experience after killing your units, and few hp for the DK of course.

Could this new strategy influence players to use death pact more often? please state your opinions on this topic!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This really isn't a "new" strat, just takes more micro then most are willing to put out. Aka Most American Players - leave that shit to the Koreans.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
About 7-12 seconds before you can use Death Pact again. You still need to micro so the abom can be more useful to your cause. When at like 200 or less, then you death pact it.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Revelade said:
If you are going to talk about a replay... might want to post it up... -_-

This strategy was used in more than 1 game, I viewed alot of games I don't recall exactly wich are the ones, but I can help u with the location so if u want to view the replays click here

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I apologise for the double post (but I have no other way to say this):

Now that you people saw the replays could you start posting some real opinions?

Thanx

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm wondering what skill order he chose:

- C/A/C/P
- C/P/C/P

?

You could use 50 mana to get yourself 200 HP AND lose the DPS of an Abom, OR you could spend 25 more mana, and heal 600 HP and retain the DPS of the Abom.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I think you should get the Aura then save the Pact for lvl 3-4. Thats how I use paladin. Level 1 DS or DP is effective until you really start taking the damages.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion level 4 is suitable for death pact because at this level in an usual strategy the tier 3 units begin to show and u want to spare your opponent from getting abo killing experience, so Revelade I think it is your first order C/A/C/P.
I also think that after getting the level 1 death pact, the other 2 abilities should come again in order, at level 6 I don't know if I 'll choose animate dead, I think I'll give a point to the aura or coil and level 1 death pact is enough for this strategy purpose.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In Deadlock, if you have usless units like acols and not gfed ghouls, you can pact them and have them be walking healing pots. Just don't let them fight :p.

dark-blade8000

Member!
Reaction score
death pact sucks. what kind of gay strat is that? who made it up? if i knew who made it up they would get spankies

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As a last ditch healing effort when you are about to die and have no potions, then its worth having. People made that up to do something called Experience Denial, which is done a lot in dota by pros. The only way an enemy can kill is via kill the enemy themselves, not sacrifical offerings.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Id have to agree that I would rather blast the abom with a coil and save his ass than prevent the enemy hero from getting exp... maybe in a do or die situation, but generally my philosophy is more alive units you have, the better.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its been brought up before that every spell is completely situational.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
ther order is Coil/Aura/Coil/Pact/Coil and then at level 6 it's either pact or aura...animate dead just sucks dick. I don't know about usin it solely for xp denial. If you watch, I bet the reason he got deathpact was because his hero was low health and he just turned level 4, that's the most common reason to get it.

If you want to do the xp denial thing...just use your level 2 Lich which isn't out of normal protocol. Lich goes, Nova/Ritual/Nova/Ritual/Nova/D&D...

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, id rather use Lich too. Plus he has more of a mana prob than the DK, usually because the DK has a few lvls on him. I prefer Coil/Aura/Coil/Aura/Coil/ toss between aura and animate. Speedy units are happy units.

I dont think you could create an actual "strategy" revolving around death pact, it would be cheaper to take the gold you spend buying more aboms and just buy potions instead.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Death Pact is used with Necrowagon for one. You can use the useless skeletons to heal the death knight's hit points. At level 1, 180 can be a life saver.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Ahh this is true, I have used it with necrowagon, but i usually dont get it with a lvl 1 DK, i still think coil is more beneficial in the first 5 mins of the game, where sniping workers/heroes plays an important role. You were right when you said each spell in the game is situational, and it is hard to form a strategy around one particular spell, because theres always going to be something that counters it.