Da Noob :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naeblis

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am new to the forums, and War III on Bnet. So far i have been terrible. I have 1 win win ;) I played both War 1 & 2, this is alittle different.

Any general hints or tips would be nice :)

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Give me a minute and ill edit this message
Ok this was taken from my strategy guide that is in work.

General Warcraft III Tips.

Welcome to Hitsua’s Warcraft III strategy guide. Just To start off I don’t support hacks in any form but I know there are a lot of you out there that use them so at the end of this guide I’ll give you some good links.
Note : It isn’t my fault if your cd keys are banned
•Creeping

I figured I would list this here because most creeping is pretty general no matter what race to you are. I suggest you attack creeps marked with the • colored dots. 2-3 Units should do you fine. When you are creeping around level 6 creeps marked with the • colored dot, make sure you are level 2 at least, and you have a decent amount of units. 7 2/2 upgraded units should work. Creep those until you get around level 6. USE YOUR ULTIMATES TO YOUR ADVATAGE. If you are going into level 9 •, Get an extra town portal. This is incase you need to get back to your base fast, or your dying. You do start with them, but its always good to have extra’s.

•Expanding

Its always a good idea to have a few extra expansions. These can serve multiple purposes. First off, you get attacked. You didn’t expand and your base was wiped out completely. You have no wisp in your base. YOUR SCREWED. If you were to of had an expansion you would still have mine and tree of w/e you got. Or.. If you have high upkeep [+4]. 2 expansions would increase that to [+12] Or lets say you have you have No upkeep. That is added up to [+30]. So no matter what expand. Believe me as an experience player. It will be hard to win if you don’t expand. That is if you even come close.

~~~User Submited~~~
Sybillium

If you do not have the advantage, even in your exp, don't fight for it. Cancel any buildings in the process to get the money back and run. Try again later. Never fight a battle that you can not take the upper hand in. If you expansion has 2-3 towers, sure, then you have the advantage so port in, but other wise, leave it be.

Build an expo where you think your opponent would least expect you too, like in their base!

Attacking an expo is as good as taking on the main base. If you can cut their new source of income, most likly that will send them for a spin. Take advantage of it, attack their expo, let them port in, then run. Wait 3-4 minutes, and try again, and they won't have a TP unless they have another Hero, do this as often as you need to to make them blow their TP's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x42bn6

Expanding: Don't expand early, esp. for NE, who should spend that gold teching.

Learn to retreat when ya need to.

If ya can't win by troops in the short term, play dirty like the Iraqi troops. For example, GMs next to opponents' bases are great traps for Goblin Land Mines and Statis Traps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope That helped you a little! :wavey

Status
Not open for further replies.