D3 merc ideas

xxtallguyxx

Member!
Reaction score
you should be able to equip you mercs with full gear. you kno like not just armor help an wep. i mean fully equip him with ring ammy belt the works if you could it would make killin the hard shiz alot easier plus this makes it easier 4 those immunes if your a physical char have an elemental merc and viceversa

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Then there should be some "merc commands". so it will be easyer to control mercs. Could be like "Dont attack" so he dont get killed from iron maiden..

here4onlyaday

Reaction score
im here for just today and this will be my last post

i have the simplest of merc ideas you should be able to nagotiate a price with another player like 500 gold per kill, per game mile, or you could offer them wat ever they find during your travels and your gold will automactically transfer to that player as negotiated

that's about it... later... DEAL WITH IT!!!

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Shadow-Hunter said:
Then there should be some "merc commands". so it will be easyer to control mercs. Could be like "Dont attack" so he dont get killed from iron maiden..
AGREED! I hate that merc's are hired by you but won't follow any commands but simply attack whatever is around him/her.

My addition to the merc would be to: Allow them to wear a full setup of gear just like the main char does.

ZConnor

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Better appearances. Your mercenary would be almost as customizable appearance wise as your character. He could wear different starting gear, etc. And have a different appearance for low, meduim and heavy armors, helms, shields, etc. You could have 20 or so different ''sheets'' to use for low/medium/heavy armor so it would make your mercenary look vastly more unique then you thought possible. :D

icastbigspells

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you should have one as parrot or monkey to specific classes like a pirate gets parrot and tarzan druid gets monkey

Talosxii

Reaction score
i think that a good idea and something possible in d3 would be for u to be able to hire Angellic mercenaries. I mean in d-2 the only place that you couldn't get a merc was in act 4 and that sucked in my opinion cause it felt like it was missing that special element every place else in the game had. Plus you have to admit. having an angel fighting for you would be pretty cool.

silver slyph

Member!
Reaction score
mercs should have armor and weapons specialy designed for merc use only and the ability to wear a full set to get the extra bonuses!

having more than one merc would offset the game i think, but having more of a variaty to choose from would enhance game play.

monk: uses no weapon or shield but uses assassin martial arts skills
bard: uses a 2h axe, barb warcries and attract, confuse, blind
thief: uses dagger and assassin shadow skills
wizard: uses staff and paladin defensive skills
pikeman: uses jav and spear skills
dragon: uses inferno, blaze, chilling armor, venom, artic blast
illusionist: uses confuse, attract, blind, cloak of shadows, mind blast, psychic hammer. grim ward

just some thoughts.

doggie_doo

Reaction score
I wish yur merc's appearence changed a liitle according to what he has on. Then again i bet an act 2 merc with a giant green skull on his head would like kinda funny... lol especially if u make him wear levi's then hee would be a lizard pike man lol
But seriously maybe there could be like 1 or 2 merc quests accodring to the act that they r in and if u get like one fomr norm diff she gets the quest 3 times so her appearence gets upgraded 3 times and she could like improve a skill or get a new one or just plainly become stronger... But if u got one in hell yur merc only gets 1 quest to do, making it an even better idea for the lazy ppl 2 get off their asses and train their merc.

CORRODED

Member!
Reaction score
id like for my merc to bend charsi over her anvil and give her whats good 4 her... or to take him into a bar and drink with him.. hit a bong or 2 with him... im insane.. forget me my friends.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
this is prolly an old idea but here goes nothing

how bout multiple mercs?
I mean one man (and a couple of adventurers) against a legion of hellish demons just doesn't cut it, some ppl do wanna solo, that is, with computer controlled characters

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
If their was a way to control the merc more, such as 'defend me' or 'go commit suicide in that thing of souls over there' or 'don't die, you coward' it would be much better.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
icastbigspells said:
I think you should have one as parrot or monkey to specific classes like a pirate gets parrot and tarzan druid gets monkey

I think I had this pet idea before too. It's kind of like Pokemon and or summoner except you purchase a pet like a parrot or cat or dog...

and they have special powers like tackle, hyper beam, and watergun

and you go win gym battles lololoololol those wer ethe days....

anyhow, class specific mercs sounds good but that'll basically limit to what ppl will use. i mean, its bad enuff that everyone seems to use an a2 merc and the rest are scrapped. with this, everyone will use their classes merc

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned, didn't read most of the posts, but, have instead of a normal merc maybe a merc skilled in various skills that it could pick randomly. With this could also be classes for each act. In D2 you basically have a Zon for act1, Pally for act2, Sorc act3, and a barb for act5. WTF! Wheres the necro for act 4? This would cover all the main classes for d2.

In a D3 I would like to be able to choose mercs, based not only on def, off, or combat, ect. but why not Pally, Barb, Necro, Sin, ect. This would give someone not used to a class to see what kind of potential their is. Imagine a bone necro backing you up as you fight, or even a trapsin.
I think it would be interesting to see gear that can be used only for mercs. Would make things a bit interesting. Just some ideas.