Current Complaints?

esumbit

Reaction score
i think they could just make the queen more unit like by having more of them than one in game. lets say 1 queen per hatchery and the stats and skills will be change to balance the units.

Jetfusion

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
No if blizzard was smart blink will be based on energy so u can only do it so much

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
No if blizzard was smart blink will be based on energy so u can only do it so much
i dont think its a problem in any way. from the preview it looks like a lot of skill involved in controlling them. doesnt look like they move far as well.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of practically every unit having some ability. I'd really hate for it to become WC3.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of practically every unit having some ability. I'd really hate for it to become WC3.
Actually they don't. This is one thing I was very resentful against with starcraft II until I really went through the Unit list and there aren't that many abilities. Zerg for the most part have only two ground unit with any abilities other than burrow.

Terrans have the same abilities for the most part on their ground units, with the exception of the the ghost whose abilities are all changed. Mauraders, Jackals, and Thor don't have abilities, Reapers have mines like the vultures, and Tanks are pretty much the same, with no medics or firebats, marines are the only ones with stim packs.

Banshees have cloak like Wraith, and the Nomad is basically the science vessel. Viking's Ability is just the fact it changes between two units, and Battlcruiser still has the same ability, or the chance to swap for a different one. Dropship has merged with the medi alright, but in doing so it just swapped the abilty from the one unit to the air unit. not a big deal, and it is auto heal anyways. In comparison, amongst air units only Battlecrusier has gotten any sort of new ability, but you have to sacrifice it's original to use it.

Protoss granted gave Zealots charge, and split the dragoon to two units, one with blink and hardened shield. All things considered the Immortal's and Zealots abilities are passive, so I don't see how it is much more of a deal than having speed or sight upgrades from starcraft. Plus the DT, Colossus, and Archon all lack abilities, and the High Templar and Nullifier are the sole spell casters for ground units.

Carrier, warpray and Observer don't have abilities, and the Mothership replaces the Arbiter as the air caster, with the Pheonix as a Scout/Corsiar hybrid with one abilty like the corsair.

I'm pretty happy with the ability distribution amongst units personally.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ exactly what i wanted to say. 10/10 for a great and perfect reply.

you forgot the ghost, anyway ghost is the perfect infantry unit for the terran to get mass warcraft like abilities.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Thanks Pan. I'm too lazy to bother with the official site and read up on ****. Glad to hear that everything is pretty similar.

Nexium

Member!
Reaction score
I welcome the new blink and jetpack skills but from what I understand Zerg does not have them at all.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well go figure, blink just doesn't really suit the Zerg as a skill, and they don't have jetpacks for obvious reasons.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
blink can tear shit up with the right micro. any oen see the sc2 blizzcon game? they had yellow against a wc3 player.

Nexium

Member!
Reaction score
Well go figure, blink just doesn't really suit the Zerg as a skill, and they don't have jetpacks for obvious reasons.
Well yeah but I think that it will most likely end up being a huge disservice to the zerg because they don't have a similar skill. I can see it being abused all over the place already.