Current Complaints?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
They got rid of Infested Protoss.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i wonder why? maybe protoss can never be infested lorewise.

another complain i have is about the terran jackal coz i prefer it hovering. Why suddenly go low tech? Wheres the vulture? The cobra was way better it just needed to look meaty and darker.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Lorewise? Like Blizzard give a **** about LORE. I was totally being sarcrastic about the coolness zerg would be by being like Night Elves. Night Elves are a gay race and Warcraft 3 ladder is terrible. I can't wait to try out the queen. I'm going to use it offensively because honestly, I don't care about my base. :3

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i wonder why? maybe protoss can never be infested lorewise.
they can be. it obviously has to do with either balancing or just a unit that had no real effective role

Jenny said:
T can't wait to try out the queen. I'm going to use it offensively because honestly, I don't care about my base. :3
With auto turrets you wont need to worry =d. also when a building dies it releases units that attack.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
they can be. it obviously has to do with either balancing or just a unit that had no real effective role

With auto turrets you wont need to worry =d. also when a building dies it releases units that attack.
yeah thats what sucks, nice and cool lores are ruins because of gameplay balance and diversity.

auto turrest for the zerg? yes the queen have the ability to lay something on the zerg buildings, so when the buildings get destroyed it will damage attackers near it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Lorewise? Like Blizzard give a **** about LORE. I was totally being sarcrastic about the coolness zerg would be by being like Night Elves. Night Elves are a gay race and Warcraft 3 ladder is terrible. I can't wait to try out the queen. I'm going to use it offensively because honestly, I don't care about my base. :3
It was good sarcasm, i approved.

Seriously though, the queen has this enormous role now. I don't like it. SC2 may not have "heroes" per se, but each race has one or two units that do more than the average unit. All this bull**** about the queen mutating seven-hundred times is retarded. Just have a normal queen to broodling tanks and be done with it.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
the queen in sc1 was never like or acted like an alien species "queen". Aside from its flying silly, all it do is cast ensnare and broodling, and that is a zerg queen? Im all good with blizzard decision on giving the queen a revamped and a complete change on its role suiting it more with its name.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So? All i'm saying is that the new queen has a hero-esque feel to it. Same goes for the units like the mothership and thor. Are they really necessary?

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The thor is far from being a super/hero like unit. Yes it has may hit points and do a lot of damage, but sc2 is filled with new units that works ad counters very well other units even the thor. The thor can't do anything against a carefully plan banelings attack, against a unit with fast movement like the jackal or units with blinking ability like the stalker, which can confuse and slows down the thor firing capability because it has slow attack maneuvers.

The mothership is very expensive and can also be countered by air untis such as the viking or mutualisk. The current mothership right now is more of a support unit.

Although you can only create one queen at a time making it a hero like unit, it is still vulnerable alone against enough enemy units. The Queen don't have imbalanced hit points or attack damage, so just like everything else it is killable.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
So? All i'm saying is that the new queen has a hero-esque feel to it. Same goes for the units like the mothership and thor. Are they really necessary?
just wait and see if the koreans/pros use it or not. after all not everything can be used

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The queen counter is siege tanks. Siege tanks counter ****ing everything. Siege tanks are the best ****ing unit in the game. GOD I LOVE SIEGE TANKS. Mother ****ers should be able to fly and hit air units. Then I wouldn't feel like a noob when I mass siege tanks.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They got rid of Infested Protoss.
Thank god.(Assuming this is true)
It just doesn't work from a gameplay/balance perspective.
Toss has no way of defending this, but terran can simply lift his buildings and thus prevent it entirely.
Not to mention, gateways are AUTOMATED.
Maybe there's even a simdge of hope for Blizzard, yet.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Thank god.(Assuming this is true)
It just doesn't work from a gameplay/balance perspective.
Toss has no way of defending this, but terran can simply lift his buildings and thus prevent it entirely.
Not to mention, gateways are AUTOMATED.
Maybe there's even a simdge of hope for Blizzard, yet.
i was under the impression u can infest even if in transit.
Infested protoss are just in limbo now. if they can find a role they will go in. Other wise pretty useless. the infested marines seem a little better. they are ranged and instant build. with toss they want melee

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
JUST a Quick update FoR EVERYONE HERE.

Queen has been massively Nerfed/changed, as early play testing figured losing a queen was the same effect as losing a hero in Warcraft III, and to game deciding and crippling for a Zerg player. Instead the Queen seems to go through size/role changes through the game in the same manner as the Zerg Main changes from Hatchery to Hive, Queen goes from regular to "Large". There are a bunch of spells it has now, but nothign seems finalized, so it is no point going in depth for it.

Queen doesn't build defenses (anymore) Zerg defenses are built by a drone, and can move around, providing they stay on creep, otherwise they lose all armor and move slow as ****.

I didn't see the big deal of moving photon cannons, was a meh for me but was removed AGES ago. Infested Protoss was also removed ages ago.

Missile turrets no longer are detectors (yay for terran players), needing a radar tower to detect units. Interesting to note detecting abilites have to be "enabled" for the Missile turrets with a radar dome, which gives detection to all missile turrets in an area, and will even scan and alert any incoming units in that area (including ones covered by fog of war.)

Both the Mothership and the THOR (and I hate ****ing repeating my self on this forum about this) ARE Not even close to being any semblance of big game super units. Mothership is pretty much a slightly better arbiter, and the Thor is basically a Goliath(powerful air attack, weak ground attack), with the added bonus of costing a ****load and being able to take a bit of damage.

For the Raiding concerns, the Queen and Zerg mobile defnses, along with the new quick build larva should ease that, as well with the Terrans planetary defenses.Not sure about protoss, but a quick warp-in seems as an easy quick defense in a weak spot. If anything I'm less worried about blinking/jetpack raids than I am with Colossi coming in all sneaky bullocks from behind a base and use the fact it one can "destroy a Nexus in 35 seconds".

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I actually liked the idea of Infested Protoss. Another idea I like is Tauren Marines :p.

esumbit

Reaction score
I think infested protoss would actually look like the hybrid, and i think thats one reason why they get rid of the infested protoss lore/in game.

im glad that the terran needs a detector building now, the detecting turret was too similar with the protoss canon. Now protoss doesn't need aything but canons, the zerg with their usual overlord, and the terran completely needs to create a radar tower for detection, the detection mechanics is perfect now imo.

and wow @ colossus taking out a main base in 35 secs.