Current Complaints?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Any one have any thing they dont like at the moment? I'm pretty much satisfied about the whole thing. Game play i'm kinda iffy. it just seems like a lot can go on.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The Protoss units than can blink and the Terran units that can jetpack. Less so to the latter, more so to the protoss one. Blink is a terribly annoying skill and should never be given to a regular unit unless it's a really, really short range only for moving up cliffs.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yes blizzard is saying that the blink ability will add up significant difference between pros and newbie. wth? its just common sense, even a noob would understand and use it effectively, blink to your opponent to attack or blink away to escape. its a great new mechanic but at the same time i think its a cheap tactic.

i got a lot of complaints. heres one.

the zerg in sc2 lacks monstrosity. they feel and look almost the same as the sc1 zerg while the terran and toss completely look and feel fresh on most part. All zerg core attack units are back, zergling, hydralisk, mutualisk, ultralisk, lurker, and the "swarm" guardian and thats a lot.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Lol just get like 2 dozen of the blinking protoss and blink right past most peoples base security. Cheezt indeed.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ yes theres no real pro skill there but just an annoying usual(it will be even for noobs) cheap base harassing tactics.

another complain. the base defenses are almost the same, theres few new mechanics about as well as theres actually no new type types of static defenses like with AOE or powerful ones like maybe an ionc canon. ok i dont want sc2 to be just like cnc but you know what i mean.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
There doesn't need anymore new defenses. The only thing that pissed me off about SC was the turtling and how effective it was. Atleast in WC3 you had ways to deal with towers and heavy defenses. In Sc you don't. Give me siege FFS.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'm worried about change. All these new units with cliche names (REAPAR LOL). I just want the game to be balanced.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
There doesn't need anymore new defenses. The only thing that pissed me off about SC was the turtling and how effective it was. Atleast in WC3 you had ways to deal with towers and heavy defenses. In Sc you don't. Give me siege FFS.
they could just replace the old type of defenses like the zerg spores or toss canons to something new with a new type of attack and mechanic etc.

turtling was never really that good as well in sc1. well you need to expand as well or else you will run out of minerals. and thats the reason why i want a new type of static bse defenses particularly stronger or powerful ones.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I thought Zerg and Terran were both getting a new defensive structure. Protoss don't need one. Photon Cannons are awesome. They piss me off everytime I play Starcraft - which is once a year now. Because I get full of RAGE.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ yeah the terran got the planetary fortress an upgrade for the command center. the zerg got the quenn now that is mainly for defense but still they have the sunke and spore colony but they can move now. anyway i just think its not yet enough.

as cool as protoss canons are, they just feel boring for sc2. i mean protoss canon again for the next 10 years. but i think blizzard know about this and might try to replace it or just add somethig more to it to spice it up a bit.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
They are spiced up. They can move. That's spicey and gay. I could of swore Zerg got another defense building other than the sunken and spore colonies (and the queen). Thought I read this somewhere. Maybe not. Hopefully not. Hate defenses. Hopefully this game will be more about offense.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
They removed the teleporting for the Cannons. I dont think zerg got any new defense. all they got was the uprooting.

The only race that seems like they can build a fort is terran(ololol always). Even if one does fort up im sure that one of the new units can easily get by or break it up.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Uprooting? That's original. So are the Zerg going to be able to use their buildings to attack, meld with the night, and harvest with wisps? Cause if so I think SC2 might turn out be a pretty awesome game.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Uprooting? That's original. So are the Zerg going to be able to use their buildings to attack, meld with the night, and harvest with wisps? Cause if so I think SC2 might turn out be a pretty awesome game.
Zerg Buildings can grow defensive turrents with the queen :O
massing sunken colonies will be the best strat ever now since creep damages buildings.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
They are spiced up. They can move. That's spicey and gay. I could of swore Zerg got another defense building other than the sunken and spore colonies (and the queen). Thought I read this somewhere. Maybe not. Hopefully not. Hate defenses. Hopefully this game will be more about offense.
it has always been about offense, you know they say the best defense is offense in sc. thats just plain crap, some people wants to have fun defending and turtling too.

lol. no, only uprooting and moving or else it would be awesome just like wacraft.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There's too much automation in this game.

MBS,
automine(rallymine),
smartcasting,
unlimited unit selection,
etc.

I'd rather earn my victories instead of the comp doing almost everything for me.

I'm still a little pissed about the cannon not being able to phase.(In favor of zerg defenses uprooting) Cannons are too weak not have some kind of ability.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
There's too much automation in this game.

MBS,
automine(rallymine),
smartcasting,
unlimited unit selection,
etc.

I'd rather earn my victories instead of the comp doing almost everything for me.

I'm still a little pissed about the cannon not being able to phase.(In favor of zerg defenses uprooting) Cannons are too weak not have some kind of ability.
i was expecting the mbs etc selection issue and complains would come just about right now.

sorry but i disagree. just like all other modern rts, you will earn victories simply by strategy. No need to click fast and click each barracks just to make more units. Its pointless, let the battle decide which one would win and not from commanding each peons to gather minerals or clicking each battlecruiser individually to set up a yamato fire.

agree about the canons, but the mobile fits zerg base defenses better imo. i say give them a lvl 2 upgrades.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All that autmation does is cater to lazy gamers. I rather have a sense of fulfillment when I win. That I actually worked for it. The anti mbsers wo decide to get this game will simply cream the pro mbsers. Having all this automation isn't gonna make lazy gamers suck less. There's really no point.

And how do you figure that moving sunkens are better fitted for zerg than phasing cannons are for toss? Other than your lame opinion, btw.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i dont know, but what its important for me is to win according to how you control the battle and not by how fast you build units or command each scvs. Its all fair and square now that buildings units with mbs and commanding workers (automine) are both noob and pros friendly (yes even the pros would benefit from it) , both pros and newbies will only do the actual battle more to win games. and that imo is a good thing since rts is about strategy after all, picking which units to use and strategizing when or how to attack. Other things such as unit building and worker commands are just actually minor part of the game (only the koreans made it a big deal but i will not disagree thats its one factor of why they are pros). Anyway lets see how pros become with mbs, automine and smart casting. ts not lazyness, its just that it make more sense.

well a moving zerg building with tentacles adds up more zergish flavor for the zerg. i always see the toss to be more static in a defensive battle but have way powerful weapons than the two other races, so moving canons for adaptability doesn't fit the toss representation of being few but powerful.

dash1ra

Reaction score
Im hoping they make the protoss buildings infestable. that would be cool to have an army of infested marines and zealots.