Crypt Fiend rush vs Night Elf

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
MW funneling is pretty annoying. Reminds me of SC Terran Supply Depot blocking..... With APs it becomes annoying, but nothing a full-fledged army can't defeat.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Very true, if you are good enough you can easily defeat the moonwell blockades.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
ok Aragorn, looks like you got the beasmaster nerfed, now we gotta eliminate him entirely :) im sick of that hawk owning my fiends

MW funneling is so ghey, if its a team game i leave them for last, and get some siege, dont just walk right into the firezone like a noob. attack their teammates base, make them leave theirs, then let your siege go to work while the battles fought elsewhere

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BluddLuSt4Life
ok Aragorn, looks like you got the beasmaster nerfed, now we gotta eliminate him entirely :) im sick of that hawk owning my fiends
The damn hawk only costs 35 mana too!! It is really a bad unbalance overlooked by blizzard.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
whom do all think maybe pumping out this combo would be smooth

hunts front

archers in back for the FF

and then throw in the glaves in back for a strong attack thats defended

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by nevergoingback
whom do all think maybe pumping out this combo would be smooth

hunts front

archers in back for the FF

and then throw in the glaves in back for a strong attack thats defended
That is good. The hunts would still get owned though. Archers are pretty much the only defense against the fiends... :D

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You'll need to make sure Ghouls don't get in the way too. Though Hunts rape Ghouls early game it makes Fiends that much more useful, damnit.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
You'll need to make sure Ghouls don't get in the way too. Though Hunts rape Ghouls early game it makes Fiends that much more useful, damnit.
I wish ghouls were buffed a bit because fiends is really the only strat that works too good anymore. Ghouls are weak now...

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ghouls are actually stronger than ever before! They got a (*GASP*) 10hp buff in the expo, and you get the almighty statues to heal them (ever tried that in combo with witch doctors or the mercenary that has healing wards? Suweeet!). I usually still go with the dreadlord/ghouls combo for early creeping, but i suck with undead, so don't try that yourself. They are only really worse against a human with bloodmage.
EXAMPLE: <Bloodmage flamestrikes> *I BLINK* ALL GHOULS DIE!! I watched 12 ghouls die in about a second to this once... and that was just against a computer!

NEVERGOINGBACK: This is my usual combo in mid to early game. Dump the hunts late game, or you'll get thrashed, so migrate to bears and MG's (or MG's and hunts). Archers die like hell to AOE, so watch that piece of S*** bloodmage! You can migrate to dryads, but don't do this against people with massed piercing (ie. fiend rush). In early game, Demon Hunter increases the survivability of all your units (on account of the big "hit me" sign he carries) EVERYONE TARGETS THE DEMON HUNTER!! So potion him up good.
BYE NOW!!

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by blink_penguin
Ghouls are actually stronger than ever before! They got a (*GASP*) 10hp buff in the expo, and you get the almighty statues to heal them (ever tried that in combo with witch doctors or the mercenary that has healing wards? Suweeet!).
I wish they got a 40 HP buff.....

They are only good against NE when they get mass archers. Other than that, they plain suck late game.

D

Dark-Astral

imo I think DH with immolation + mass archers can place any fiends down.

1. archers cost less then hunts, but at the same time are less armored and deal less damage, but they come out faster.

2. if you have a dh with immolation hacking at fiends who are targeting the archers, or even the dh, the hunter will still drive the fiends down.

3. no matter how you look at it, second by second a NE player will be capable or massing more archers then a UD with fiends.

my $.02

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark-Astral
imo I think DH with immolation + mass archers can place any fiends down.

1. archers cost less then hunts, but at the same time are less armored and deal less damage, but they come out faster.

2. if you have a dh with immolation hacking at fiends who are targeting the archers, or even the dh, the hunter will still drive the fiends down.

3. no matter how you look at it, second by second a NE player will be capable or massing more archers then a UD with fiends.

my $.02
You are correct, archers are the most feasible option. But if you do start getting archers, the UD player will likely just start getting ghouls. Ghouls own archers pretty bad, especially with statues + healing scrolls.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yes ive grown found of ghouls and vamp aura lately especialy in RT rush's your most likely to come out on top of the rush and can eaisly keep pumping them out to kill off the base

another great thing about ghouls with vamp is there somewhat hard to kill yet they cost so little making super easy to battle or creep and upgrade at the same time

ghouls and vamp aura are deffinatly your best option as UD in the begining

with NE i like straight archers first yes there easy to kill but they make it easy to upgrade to hipp ryders that own unless your enemy has really good AA then you can always throw in a couple of chims

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Best option at beginning against most races is ghouls + quick tech. You basically tech all the way until you can get destroyers...because UD needs dispel very fast, but can't get it until tier 3.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, my fav undead tactic is currently mass ghouls/gargs with CL -> DL -> DK. The CL tanks and uses armour/impale (or beetles if you're INSANE), The DL uses vamp/sleep (carrion swarm is more useful sometimes) and The DK uses coil/aura (you have CL for tanking, whatchoo need teh pact for). If you vary this and use the DL first you'll lose less ghouls. Use 4 statues (3 health, 1 mana).

But I suck at undead, so don't take my word for it...

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OMFG! My appologies for the double post (note that by saying "I appologise" I in no way imply that I am sorry), but this is really worth it. I was just cruising the battle.net forums (pissedgruny's 1.13 changes, mandatory reading for all), and guess who I saw with a sexy new Chaos Grunt icon? ARAGORN8! You rock, man, congrats for the wins!
Err.... what exactly did you win to get that icon? It doesn't actually show what it represents in the icon listing (http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-ladder-info-laddericons.aspx?Gateway=Lordaeron).

Anyhoo, congrats

Now, if someone can give me an unbanned FT cd key, I can post in forums such as that (currently stuck with playing from gaming lounges and on LAN with friends)

For all those intrested (GO! GO NOW! TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY), Pissedgrunty's post is at

http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?FN=war3x-general&T=376035

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Offtopic: Dark-Astral, take off that animated gif, it's lagging the hell out of me :(

Don't worry, just don't do it again, I know it was on accident ^^
Thanks for the info!

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by blink_penguin
Anyhoo, congrats

Now, if someone can give me an unbanned FT cd key, I can post in forums such as that (currently stuck with playing from gaming lounges and on LAN with friends)

For all those intrested (GO! GO NOW! TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY), Pissedgrunty's post is at

http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?FN=war3x-general&T=376035
This has already been posted in the General Discussion Forum. No need to double post. ^_^