Crypt Fiend rush vs Night Elf

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
Hunts rip up fiends......... they have a way faster attack speed......
and using the Moonstone and hiding [ what Pan said ] is a very good strat, i do it all the time....

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FuZi0N
Hunts rip up fiends......... they have a way faster attack speed......
and using the Moonstone and hiding [ what Pan said ] is a very good strat, i do it all the time....
I have beaten hunts many times with fiends. Hunts probably should beat fiends but they don't.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Going later on in the game and waiting for dark isnt always good against UD because of shades.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
It would be very hard to counter fiends in a rush with the NE;the only way i can think of is overwhelming numbers of archers with TSA and damage and armor upgrade 1,as well as a lot of moon wells,of course.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by shutupandgoaway
It would be very hard to counter fiends in a rush with the NE;the only way i can think of is overwhelming numbers of archers with TSA and damage and armor upgrade 1,as well as a lot of moon wells,of course.
I would have to say that archers + balistas maybe. Hunts are ok...but they aren't as useful against fiends.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Fiends are murder against Hunts, straight, when you Focus Fire. However, before you know it Dryads will start coming out and then it's not so nice.

And Aragorn, Ballistae aren't for rushing. :D Tier 3?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
Fiends are murder against Hunts, straight, when you Focus Fire. However, before you know it Dryads will start coming out and then it's not so nice.

And Aragorn, Ballistae aren't for rushing. :D Tier 3?
Balistas are tier 1 now. Night elves can get them right after they get a hunters hall.

http://www.battle.net/war3/nightelf/units/glaivethrower.shtml

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ballistas are faster to get than any other siege as they are built from the ancient of war.
You can get ballistas if you have tree of ages,Aragorn

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Damnit, I AM getting rusty ever since I quit.....

But Ballistae, they're too slow to attack! It might be better to Focus Fire Archers.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Ballistas are faster to get than any other siege as they are built from the ancient of war.
You can get ballistas if you have tree of ages,Aragorn
You need a huntress hall to build balistas. You can't just build them once you get an AOW. They are tier 1.5 much like the huntress.

Against fiends I would suggest getting archers and balistas. Balistas provide good damage + AOE. Archer focus fire might own the fiends if you do it right with the balista.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DO the ballistas (glaive throwers) have AOE? I thought they only got that after upgrades (vorpal blades, tier 2). Even if they do, they're still the worst siege in the game, which is why they're tier 1 AND only 3 food. They take ages to build tho, so you can't get them out as quick as you would like. And Fuzion: Hunts have an attack speed of only 0.2 lower than fiends. Their DPS comes out as slightly lower - *EVEN* *IF* you calculate in the bounce damage (which isnt used as focus firing and you can't control where it goes) It is significantly lower if you don't.

ERROR: Earlier i said ballisatas and grunts could get higher dps than fiends. They can't.
BTW: Aragorn, since when have you been a mod?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by blink_penguin
DO the ballistas (glaive throwers) have AOE? I thought they only got that after upgrades (vorpal blades, tier 2). Even if they do, they're still the worst siege in the game, which is why they're tier 1 AND only 3 food. They take ages to build tho, so you can't get them out as quick as you would like. And Fuzion: Hunts have an attack speed of only 0.2 lower than fiends. Their DPS comes out as slightly lower - *EVEN* *IF* you calculate in the bounce damage (which isnt used as focus firing and you can't control where it goes) It is significantly lower if you don't.

ERROR: Earlier i said ballisatas and grunts could get higher dps than fiends. They can't.
BTW: Aragorn, since when have you been a mod?
Last monday, I mod this forum and the Undead one.

Download replay, watch fiends own:

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41302

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
You're not the only one that mods this forum. :p

Actually when doing those 4v4 teamed rushes, glaive throwers do a hell of alot more damage than regular units. :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faint
You're not the only one that mods this forum. :p

Actually when doing those 4v4 teamed rushes, glaive throwers do a hell of alot more damage than regular units. :)
I agree, all NE should get glave throwers when assaulting a base. I think that Ne might be able to beat fiends if they have lots of archers and a few balistas. Hunts are useless against a fiends push.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Have you ever seen a well constructed NE base (moonwell funneling, you all do it right... right?) hold off melee forces with just archers? Its F***ing amazing! Only 2-3 melee get in at a time but theres like 12 archers constantly snapping them!

BTW: Does anyone know? Do the "glaive throwers" (whose dumb idea was it to change their name!) have AOE before upgrades?

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Also: love your sig aragorn. In case your wondering, blizzard has announced that the beastmaster will recieve a nerf in the next patch. Enjoy!

Please don't double post..thanks! ^_^ ~ Faint

Thanks for editing my post faint... I'll keep it in mind

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Don't double post, but YES!

I have been waiting for a Nerf on that bear for a long time.