Countering Dryads

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I never said I used them against dryads, I was teching to wyrms, and I wasn't aware that the other person had dryads. The sad thing was, I only lost like, 1 tower, and 1 or 2 units to the enemy.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never said I used them against dryads, I was teching to wyrms, and I wasn't aware that the other person had dryads. The sad thing was, I only lost like, 1 tower, and 1 or 2 units to the enemy.
exactly... dryads shouldnt scare you.. at all

lol

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
They used to for me, until I realized I was better off rushing them before they got them or going for them in heated battles.

And I also found it fun reducing them to purple guts with Demos.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
He was being dumb and sarcastic at the same time.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
exactly... dryads shouldnt scare you.. at all

lol
They scare me. If I lose from elf, that's only coz of dryads, bears and no dryads are gg but dryads are nightmare. When elf has staff to tp units I don't and if I have to retreat, sometimes I do silly thing to run away and lose 2-3 units that actually make more than 350 gold. I realized it is better to tp even for 3 units. Too bad I don't think of that every time.

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most of the time a Dryads user play hit and run. He wants u to flee to kill some of your units. What u want to do is being more agressive them he. AM + rifles + priest + morts should work. Pump constantly summons, carry a mana potion if necessary and a heal potion + an invincible potion. So if they target your Archmage just back him a lil and put a priest to heal u. Focus-fire is dryads one by one. If u lost too much rifles just tp. Thats a way i found agains a NE.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
CnKLord has a good point, I have noticed that Dryads are hit and runners that use the Slow Poison to thier advantage. They also add on with Naga Sea Witch to stack more slow (which works). Ultimately, countering unarmored units like Dryads is all about direct attacks and agression.

But you also need to realize that some dryad players are smart and will use Abolish Magic to dispel any summons you create. This is why I prefer taking them on as Orc.

As I said, Raiders snare and pin them from moving (you need them for both support and killing them). HH and Pults can reduce them to ashes. And a hero like a Shadow Hunter's serpent wards is effective vs them.