Countering dryads?

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dryads

OK, everyone list their ways to stop fuggin dryads... spells do nothing to them, and they slow you so its hard to get near them, they have a decent attack damage and range, they dispel BL, Poly, Slow, whatever you do to them... You can get them in tier 2 also... Plz, I'm desperate to know

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
You over power them... if your opponent is going dryads, then just make lots of hunresses or necros or aboms or whatever. I've never really had a problem with dryads, cause I go archers + huntresses and I can build up my army much faster than someone who goes dryads + huntresses cause it's cheaper and faster (all tier 1 for me). So I guess the answer to your question is, scout frequently and if you see them going dryads, end it quickly. If you let an opponent build up a strong army of dryads and huntresses, then all you're doing is making it more difficult and you will definately have problems beating them.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I play elf

and I go dryads a lot of the time simply to counter air... and to back up my team mates Melee... Dryads get absolutely raped by Melee units... even if they do slow them down, they do very little damage.

Necros are very effective because their spells don't directly effect the dryad such as raise dead. Aboms, Tauren, Huntress and Knights usually rape them.

Mass any melee units and you'll usually own dryads, of course you can't come out expecting to have every unit afterwords, they're a Tier 2 unit... Priests and Sorceress' are never owned, nor are Tauren or aboms. Each race has their own special creature, I think this is the one of the elves... I use them frequently.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
its not posted as "footman"
because thats a waste of a post, it would be:

"Mass footman is a way of countering dryads in my opinion"

and anyways, knights would do much better, since i can get knights as fasst as anyone can get dryads. (humans fast build is a great tool to get what u want).

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If u rush for knights ull be wasted by huntresses.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I agree, thank god raise dead is auto cast, it was gay in war 1 and 2. now i think thatroar should be auto cast, whenever you are attacked a unit roars. or even, anti magicshield is auto cast, so magic will do nothhing for banshee, as she possess automaticaly.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by pan_the_man
I agree, thank god raise dead is auto cast, it was gay in war 1 and 2. now i think thatroar should be auto cast, whenever you are attacked a unit roars. or even, anti magicshield is auto cast, so magic will do nothhing for banshee, as she possess automaticaly.
lol... if everything in the game is auto then what would be the difference between a human player and a computer? :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
well, i think the ensnare for raiders NEED to be auto cast, or i can't cliakc fast enough SO I GET PISSED. and to answer ur question skuZ, the attack pattern an units built is different. but then again, a fun part of the game is selecting the spells and such.

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The reason the Raiders ensnare isn't auto-castable because it can stop any unit from moving.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I took that into consideration, so i came up with an idea, u auto cast it for air, and then you can choose it for ground units!! ya isn't that smart.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If all spells had autocast then the game wouldn't require any micro at all. Polymorph does NOT need autocast.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
If all spells had autocast then the game wouldn't require any micro at all. Polymorph does NOT need autocast.
Yes it DOES need auto cast.

HungLung[SC]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, Pmorph definetely doesnt...need autocast...its a waste of mana to pmorph all there rifleman when you could pmorph there knights or aboms.. taurens..anything big...all you have to do ishit O and click a big unit...i dont even set raise dead on auto..same with banshees...auto possess would be really dumb ..

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U select all ur sorceresses, click "o" and a unit u need to polymorph, and repeat 10 times. That way only one sorc will polymorph at the same time. Takes about 3 seconds to polymorph 10 units.