Votes: 19 34.5%
  • not sure (i answered this)

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

eXile

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
by examining the programing you're given, and rejecting all of it. right now, we're programmed with materialism -- the meaning of life is to make money to get material wealth and comfort. wanna leave the matrix? you cut off everything they use to control you. you become free by not being affected by external pressures.
wanna be free? give all your stuff away and keep as few possessions as possible. i don't know if i could do it...

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
damn.... exile, i like you.

i dont think i could do it either :( my precious computer!!!!!

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
you dont have to, amrtin. all that you have to do is not see it in a material sense. what exile means is that we cant go around trying to fit in with the system and try to follow the example and assumptions of the medai and government-the matrix-or we'll all become so dependant on our own material needs and that we'll lose sigth of our own real wellbeing. you only have to free your mind from finding comfort in material things-sex, power, symbols of power and security: like soldeirs and cops and stuff, etc. you have to find that things that wont last:the material fun of playing a videogame is worthless. you have to play it and enjoy it and live through the good memory. this can apply to everything else. you cant find permanent joy from sex, but you can from love. get it?

realaslife

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes

When you get down to it, yes. It is completely possible. You might say, "Well, why would The Matrix let someone create a movie about it, which might start a major uprising?" They would do that, so people would no longer beleive it is real, and that this is all just a dream, or a figment of your imagination inside the capsule. To put people in disbeleif (spelling?) To hide the truth from the everyday person. So just think about it again if you are a disbeleiver. Don't think on the ordinary level. You have to think about how the human mind works. You don't see reality, ever. What you see, are two images combined together to make one. Many of those things that you see, might not even be there. You're mind could tell you are sitting down, but you could be on the floor to someone else, and they could be screaming at you, but your mind might be telling you they are talking to someone else. You can't disprove, or prove the matrix. Even if someone says they are from the real world, and you are in the matrix, it might be the matrix making them say that, so you will no longer beleive.

Son-of-a-Gun

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe someday in the far future there will be a matrix created so people know not who really controls everything , that they would do what they are told whithout a clue. we already have something like it, the media.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
if the matrix was real why would they make a mvie about it?

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
what was the point of the matrix and who created the matrix? are we an experiment to see how people react to bad things or was it like adam and eve where everything was fine till bad stuff happenes? what is the point of the matrix?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
meh if the that time period comes be thank ful ur dead

a1steaksauce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it could be possible but we wont ever know cause i dont think they got one of hose hook up ships out there.lol AOL is really the matrix thats y everyone hates it

SmokeyJoe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dragging out an old post again..sorry but I just joined.

I felt compelled to write something on this because I think the Matrix is an excellent movie. I always thought it made logical sense; and thank you Exile for saving me from having to type - you wrote basically what I would have - probably in much nicer prose though. The Allegory of The Cave is right on (I used that analogy in a different thread also). It's good to see someone who can go beyond "it's just a movie"...I read somewhere, I think it was Descartes that wrote - maybe reality is just a demon playing a trick on us.