• no

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • not sure (i answered this)

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i hope we can come back to earth and annoy ppl! like become a ghost to scare ppl! ^_^ thatd be fun!

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol that would be pretty cool. this gettin a little off topic though but.... oh well. this gave me an idea for a new thread sooo..... we can discuss this there!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Originally posted by pat
What about those robots in development for military/police/etc. type purposes?

Its likely possible for this to happen...but do you think anyone (besides really weird people) would plan an AI system that was so powerful without implementing rules to the program?
Those aren't robots in the truest sense. They're more like the robots in "Robot Wars". They are remote controled and will only do what their operators tell them to do.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
The Matrix is a convincing movie yet impossible. If it is true then we are all agents!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Mwahahahaha!

Mr. Anderson, we have you. I am Agent Smith.

That's off topic, oh well. It's not impossible. Nothing is impossible, just improbable (famous quote from I know not where).

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree. we may think its impossible because the matrix makes it seem impossible. humans are pretty easy to control.

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
that's an interesting thing you caught on to, amrtin. we are easy to control, because we like to narrow ou perspectives to what comforts us. you wouldnt want to realize you were living in the matrix with no escape, would you?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One of the points of the Matrix is to break free. The Matrix was supposed to be an inescabable cage, but they had to break free to fight it.

Redsparrow2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here is my opinion.

The idea behind the matrix, that life is a big program, isn't entirely im possible because we think our species is at the top of the food chain. well what if there is a species so intelegent that they thought lets make a program and remain unkown to them. think about it. our species, the humans, is a species that if u havent noticed likes being dominant. in the movies too. in evolution when the stronger organism tried to dominate our species did we not try to dominate it? If the human species are not dominant then they would have looked at this huge monster organism and thought, "Hey Bill, wanna go shoot some pool or go get a hooker?" But the idea isnt impossible but the other species smarter than us that made the program we call the world we reside in today would have really happened but here is the point i say BUT. i have one comment that destroys the idea i jusw stated.

If they made the matrix to keep us inline so we dont try to dominate them and the movie matrix appeared. wouldn't they have jus deleted us all? It might have jus been a movie but some people look at most movies and think they atre documentaries and my grandma is an example she thinks the exsorcist is a socumentary

Ghost_Thrasher

Member!
Reaction score
The Matrix could be possible because we have no way of knowing if it exists or not. If there is a Matrix i wouldn't fight it, you want a good world don't u?

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they couldnt kill us all... the point of the matrix WAS to cage us, but only so they could clone us and eat us :D or harvest us or whatever.... humans were their energy source.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I think the Matrix could be real, before I saw the movie, before the matrix came out I had an idea somewheres along those lines of... What if we actually didn't exist, what if the only reason we existed and what we saw was all computer based...? So it's not too far fetched to me, but that's only because I had the same idea before I watched the movie...

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
i think the "free yourself" part is sorta like the bhuddist idea that if you dont think the pain exists, then it doesnt exist. if you think you'll make the jump, the you will. but then again, that has a lot to do with actually knowing that something wont happen, or expecting that it wont happen and vice versa.

eXile

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:ufo is the matrix real? depends on your definition of "real."

if real is what you can see, touch taste and smell, then real is nothing more than electrical impulses in the brain.

i posit that real is more than this, that real extends into other non-material realms. sounds crazy, but stay with me.

is love real? how about family? or state? even friends? if i say, show me a friend, you can pull out pictures of wallets and say "there's my friend." all i see is a picture. you take me to his house, pull him out of bed and say there, there is my friend. i only see a homo sapien who just got pulled out of bed. "friend" doesn't exist in the material sight/smell/touch/taste/hear realm, but yet friend is real! so is love. so is state.

do you see the prison you're in? the prison for you mind?

i'm going to paint for you a picture of a geek. someone who is into video games / anime, plays chess, drinks too much coffee, knows lots about lots of stuff, probably computer literate to the extent that the rest of the population is in awe, though knowing full well that what he knows is nothing compared to the "true" experts, soemone who may or may not have great ties to mainstream society, has a hard time with girls. now what you see is the matrix representation. the image. the woman in the red dress. but we can be like neo, we can see the code. ultimately it's a real person, but with layers upon layers of code overlayed. for example, the code for geek is: computer, chess, video games, anime, relation to mainstream, relation to opposite sex. each of these things by themselves is just a glowing green character, but lump them together, along iwth countless other codes i didn't put in, and suddenly the image of geek appears. how many people are stuck on the image without looking at the code? how many people can SEE the code and manipulate others with it? hmmm...a difficult place to live, no? why would it be like this?

the machine. back in the day, man had no rational thought. everything came from the gods, from mystical inspriation, from tradition. then, man created reason. reason is a real thing, though it has no material basis. with reason, man recreated his world. the ancient greeks were aware of this. the machine of reason created a system that legitimated the owning of one human by another. how many incarnations of the matrix have we had? monarchy, democracy, despotism, feudalism. these system cannot survive on their own...they need to feed off of human energy...human activity to live. without people doing certain actions every day....DOING them, MAKING THEM REAL....these do not exist. the machine of capitalism is eating people. look at what happened in iraq, all of africa, in south america, in southeast asia. look at our environment...the machine EATS life.

this is the system we are trapped in. this is the matrix that makes millions of americans work shitty jobs "doing" nothing of importance (making ads, telemarketing, "insurance," etc.) spending their entire lives in the illusion that this is life...to work until you're old and worthless, to spend the last of your days in the freedom of retirement, but the prison of your used-up body. don't think of the machine as a LITERAL machine plugged literally in to the back of your head...think of it more metaphorically. i implore you to read plato's allegory of the cave (http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_1/plato.html i don't know how to make links) for the greek version of the matrix.

free your mind, but you'll become an exhile like me. there's many of us out here.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
but u know love it's not such and abstract word after all. it taste and smells sweet, it feels warm and u can hear the heart beats of the person you really love.

Now what I am trying to say. It all depends on the way you look at things. since enstein came up with the theory or relativity, anything and everything's possible.

The main idea that actually attracted me to the movie it's the fact they are living a life just as we do, with all the tehnology and stuff, but yet it's proven it's nothing but a dream. How would u know this is real?. because you bleed, or when u are pinched it hurts? I usually have dreams just as real as my everyday one ( if i can name it everyday one)...i even wake up and i remeber feelings i experienced in my dream, and i rember pain.

How would u know that the person that reads my msg isn't the one that actually dreams?.

I dunno if matrix it's real..it will be nasty if it will be..but anything's possible.