• not sure (i answered this)

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
im just asking because i finished watching the matrix an hour ago. it was good, and one part struck me: when neo saw the cat walk by and saw the same cat walk by again, and everyone took it as a sighn...a sighn that the agents had made a change in that part of the matrix... and i thought, hmmmm....that's weird...maybe that can explain dejavu....but nah...but then again....well, i just wanna ask: do you think the matrix cold be real?

Beef246

Member!
Reaction score
Lol i dont think its ,real the matrix is a movie, an idea that was created an produced 2 entertain the masses if it was wat wud be the point in doin nethin because u no its not real?? someone thought of the idea got a good story 2 go wif it an turnd it into a movie not because he thought it was real:rolleyes:

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by daoffshoreman
do you think the matrix cold be real?
theres literally no logic in it. and its not even worth really getting into. so my answer is: bullshit

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, they did a lot of research going into the film (as they do with a lot/if not most/ of films). What I mean by this, is that they try to convince the audience that it is real by presenting it as logically as possible. With what we know about today's technology, it is impossible. But in the future, a scary thought is that it may be. I put "not sure" because I like "gray area" fun. I doubt it because of how the Matrix is presented. In the Matrix the year 1999 is constantly repeated...and repeated...and repeated...etc. The year never changes. Would the computer "host" be stupid enough to do that? True you could make it seem livid or true, but it couldn't really happen. And the problems with reproduction? That is easily rectified. We can currently raise a fertilized egg outside the human body (albeit only through about the first trimester). What if that technology actually took off (a scary thought actually...)?

The Matrix was not meant to scare people into thinking it existed. It was meant to spell out what could happen if certain events were to take place. I personally prefer Star Trek because it holds more realism (a lot of scientific research goes into it, trust me, I know).

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No logic? im sorry, but this question goes in the same bag than the existence of God : it cant proven.

Yes, it is possible, but you know....

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by bamthedoc
Actually, they did a lot of research going into the film (as they do with a lot/if not most/ of films). What I mean by this, is that they try to convince the audience that it is real by presenting it as logically as possible. With what we know about today's technology, it is impossible.
Of course it would appear impossible. The matrix would see to that. You can't really say that's it's not possible based off of knowledge that we have.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
exactly badger. if it was real, we'd never know.... :)

i say, yes, its possible but even if we are in the matrix who cares? you obviously dont care your not really living cuz u think u r :) keep an open mind o_O

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I figure if it was real, do you think the "machines" would alow the people to make a move to start a discussion like this, and maybe start a revolt?

Oh no here they come ahhhhhhhhh

There is no spoon.

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Originally posted by bamthedoc
In the Matrix the year 1999 is constantly repeated...and repeated...and repeated...etc. The year never changes. Would the computer "host" be stupid enough to do that?
well, it actually was reffering to a perpetual late 90's eumbiance. i suppose society would eventually have to make profound philosophical or scientific improvements, or else the perpetuality of everything would eventually catch up with us and we would question the state of reality we were put into and search for answers to it, eventually leading us out of the matrix and into he real world, and the revolt would have gone as that. i think the real question is this:How do you know if your living in true reality?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
*o shit, someone caught on*

hey daoff, i have a present for ya, gimme ur adress and ill send it right over.

*hurridly builds a small nuke to set off when the box is opend*

hehehe

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it cant be real unless this coneol sanders is really stupid, not surprishing with those mashies things :s. it would make more sense to give everyone there own individual matrix so that u can only hack inot one persons matrix and nobody else in that matrix is realt their just a computer image. if ya get me.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The word 'Matrix' is real though. It means 'a set of rules', I think.....

I don't think it would be possible, but maybe a few thousand years from now robots would probably be able to do so.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, not if you read the rules robots have to go by. The second one I believe is:

"A robot cannot harm a human even in self-defense"

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What about those robots in development for military/police/etc. type purposes?

Its likely possible for this to happen...but do you think anyone (besides really weird people) would plan an AI system that was so powerful without implementing rules to the program?

Neo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
surprisingly i answered no, even though my...er... name. There is a lot of stuff in the movies that sound realistic, or make sense but the fact that a machine could think enough for itself to understand, pain, love, hate, sex, and sadness enough to create a world so real that would be able to diseave everyone is unrealistic. We cant even understand some of that stuff fully enough to create something like that, nor do we have AI yet.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but neo, maybe you just think that because your in the matrix already! 0.o

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yup :) i hope death is the answer to all questions... i have a hella lot!