Content managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
It's just an idea, but what if we had members who's purpose was to generate/promote content in as many forums as possible? They wouldn't be able to ban people, just participate in bstaff discussions and go through/update all the old stuff with new stuff and add as much content as they can? .....

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Basically a member that can access BStaff, but seriously, just go do it, don't ask, sure, you won't have BStaff privileges, but who cares? I heard BStaff is dumb :eek:

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Basically a member that can access BStaff, but seriously, just go do it, don't ask, sure, you won't have BStaff privileges, but who cares? I heard BStaff is dumb :eek:
I was reading too much drama when I still had access. You really wouldn't wanna go there...

- Amantis

Tw@

Hello
Reaction score
Just an idea, but why don't we leave running this place to the people who are running this place?

Max

Member!
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but at this point, those who submit content will not have any sort of special privileges. With that said, I'm still trying to think of some sort of incentive that doesn't overlap with staff privileges.

Tw@

Hello
Reaction score
Have cort bake some cookies with his girlfriend and mail them out to content submitters.
Like the good old days.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
did that even happen?

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
YEAH, THEY WERE TOTALLY DELICIOUS!!!

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
hahahahahaha.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
If cookies is all it takes, I'm sure we can arrange something. ;)

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
YEAH, THEY WERE TOTALLY DELICIOUS!!!
That is a lie, I have detected your lies!

The cookies are gonna go off by the time they reach here. :(

- Amantis

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LB you try too hard to try to get a position of power.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jist of the OP: Make a new position for LB

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want a position :(

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
I had been looking into something like this a bit before all the changes came, but it never really got off the ground because I couldn't find members that were interested. Though it is sound in idea. Both in theory and practice, the best way to motivate people is to give them a stake in their innovation and give them the freedom to follow their ideas as they see fit. Following this line of thinking, a decentralization of control of bringing content in rather than centralized control will foster more content.

This brings up two further questions; how will people be given a stake in their innovation and how will this be stopped from turning into a bureaucracy and turning BStaff into how it was awhile back.

Both of these are answered in what a content manager would be. In the past, people got caught up in moderating duties - and probably still do. In contrast, a content manager would volunteer to take on a section and given limited power - probably just the power to sticky/unsticky. The job would entail a person furthering their section how they see fit. Other staff members can add content, but content manager would work best as nearly autonomous (the exception being staying within the rules of Battleforums). They would have the power to mold their section, whatever it may be, as to how they best believe it could succeed. What stops this from being the bureaucracy of before is that this position deals solely with content matters and doesn't need to bicker in the matters of forum workings, rules, procedures, etc and content managers wouldn't even need access to BStaff.

This idea could be expanded as to take more advantage of the basic idea behind this as well, but I'll write of that later because there's no point unless the simplified version isn't approved.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You can look into it all you want, until we start implementing ideas to generate content we WILL not last. It's that simple.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Tipsy, very well said. I appreciate all the feedback!

Lizardbreath said:
You can look into it all you want, until we start implementing ideas to generate content we WILL not last. It's that simple.

Please see this announcement.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.