Computer requirments for WoW

Lizard17

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
blizzard is still not complety certain on all the requirments, just a few like video cards i think it is

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea, Im most likey going to need a huge upgrade or a new computer alltogether just to support WoW. This game will be so big, that you will need some power to run the game.

Oath

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok as you know probly, WoW is pretty much like Diablo 2, differences are graphics and its the warcraft scenario. but if you have played d2 thats what its like, so im sure theres no new requirments, itll be a bigger space so i would suggest upgrade a little on your cpu, it still most likely 28k modem+

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha i have an awesome pc that will support NASA if need be. lol

and no editor sorry dude

igetgreens

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
will i lag at all with a pentium 4 2.4 ghz prosessor with 512 ddr ram and a 64 mb geforce 2 ultra?

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
You need a new Video Card. Best buy would probably be a Radeon 9000 or maybe even a GeForce Ti4200 with 128MB.

Originally posted by Oath
ok as you know probly, WoW is pretty much like Diablo 2, differences are graphics and its the warcraft scenario. but if you have played d2 thats what its like, so im sure theres no new requirments, itll be a bigger space so i would suggest upgrade a little on your cpu, it still most likely 28k modem+
Ok, I won't even call you names or anything like that. WoW is not anything like D2. WoW is an RPG that is formatted like a dnd type game. They have the same attack system, saves, mindset, and expansive worlds. The requirements would be AT LEAST a 56k modem, but I wouldn't suggest playing on anything but broadband. Graphics make a big difference in the type of PC you need to run the game, you just said the size of the game would be the difference. My bet is that the game size is close to 2 Gigs, seeing as most games coming out now are around 1.5 G.

As for the PC required for the game, I'm all set. Just got my new machine to play Halo for PC and it runs so smooth ^_^

Hedos

Member!
Reaction score
The graphics won't be something between warcraft III and Ut2003....
The game is gonna be released in something like 1 year, peoples will have better computers..
And the game will probably require AT LEAST a 1.5ghz

DeKota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, with new technology comin in, you'd expect the top games would have top of the market requirements. Especially MMORPG's, they take a lot of ram.

Mathiuas

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Listen up folks.

Word is the game engine is being totally redesigned (not basing off of EQ, Daoc, SWG or any currently existing MMO) and the user PC will not be responsible for a huge amount of processing. This is to allow a broader user base hence netting Blizzard more money in subscriptions. The Video card will determin how good it looks on your screen but I have heard that the game will be more along the lines of a terminal services session. All your pc will be doing is receiving screen refreshes not processign huge amounts of data. Since all the brute force number crunching is being done server side it will free up proc time to allow it to assist the vid card and you end up with a lower overall machine requirement than you might expect. This is all rumored and Blizzard hasnt confirmed any of it yet so take it with a grain of salt.

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
weather or not they infact do that, it sounds like a solid idea for both parties(they get more players) and we get to play, us crapy computer people