Computer fog of war?

darknezx

Reaction score
Does the computer get hampered by the fog of war? Recently I was playing against some insanes and what struck me was their ability to find all my expansions without scouting, kinda like a radar system lol. All of this done without scouting :hbut

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
computer is not affected by fog of war. if they attack you, they always know where you are. same goes for expansions. when you start building it, they immeaditely come attacking it.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
They are programmed to attack any creep camps or possible locations of the character. There is no way of disabling this!

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Yes there is. Kill them, that prevents any further contact between them and your base.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
darknezx said:
Does the computer get hampered by the fog of war? Recently I was playing against some insanes and what struck me was their ability to find all my expansions without scouting, kinda like a radar system lol. All of this done without scouting :hbut

He sees all man. U must be able to see this happen, the computers are not always stupid, they know even where to strike in your army.
They have some stupid parts also. For example the human insane either gets tier 3 very very late or it gets tier 3 super fast, gets a super army and comes to destroy the opponent. Usually the human is stupid, doesn't get tier 3 and he is not a real opponent.
Another thing, the orc doesn't get 3 heroes, never, and his tier 3 could be a little faster.
THe UD and the NE are the best, though the UD never gets destro, but he uses wyrms.

Recently I defeated to insane computers alone, I am very proud of this because the insanes are very powerfull and I defeated them at full tier 3 armies.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And NE seem to have an obsession with Mountian Giants too.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
He sees all man. U must be able to see this happen, the computers are not always stupid, they know even where to strike in your army.
They have some stupid parts also. For example the human insane either gets tier 3 very very late or it gets tier 3 super fast, gets a super army and comes to destroy the opponent. Usually the human is stupid, doesn't get tier 3 and he is not a real opponent.
Another thing, the orc doesn't get 3 heroes, never, and his tier 3 could be a little faster.
THe UD and the NE are the best, though the UD never gets destro, but he uses wyrms.

Recently I defeated to insane computers alone, I am very proud of this because the insanes are very powerfull and I defeated them at full tier 3 armies.
the blood mage always channels flamestrike, and they run through it even though they are taking damage, lol. also NE never get hippo riders.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Thats because NE doesnt like Hippo Riders! They are just archers with more hit points, flying ability, and die to piercing faster.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing with computer in the first place was your mistake.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is a handicap.

Computers are stupid. There is no fog of war, to make computers that much harder, and seem slightly harder. Infact, if they had for go war, you would be able to roll over them much faster than you can now.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said, they are programmed to go to locations where there are creeps, expos and possibly your base.

darknezx

Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
Playing with computer in the first place was your mistake.
Why is that a mistake? :-/

I'm still having trouble defeating the Insanes, and I'd like to develop my micro skills against the uber micro-ing of the insane.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Because they suck. If you smash them so hard, there is a chance they won't even continue to stop you. Human players won't be so "friendly" about that.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
darknezx said:
Why is that a mistake? :-/

I'm still having trouble defeating the Insanes, and I'd like to develop my micro skills against the uber micro-ing of the insane.
computer and human players have totally different style of playing warcraft 3.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
even insane computers have shit micro. they micro hero a little bit when he's dying, then move it right back. they do that with every unit. and if u play 2v2, and your base is attacked, your hero uses tp while his army is running towards your base to help and so he tp's only his hero -.-

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
one time i played as orc(my second time and i beat the enemy on easy, but on normal i sucked so bad)

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
xgoonx said:
one time i played as orc(my second time and i beat the enemy on easy, but on normal i sucked so bad)
..............:hbut

mass peons 4tw?

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
The computer sees everything, in "insane" it gets 20 gold instead of 10, the same with wood (its a lot of diference). actually It microes a lot! but it always make the same units:

Ud: lots of wyrms,gargs,ghouls,abos 2 fiends/statues/necros/wagons. No Destros or shees. go magic and aa against them.

Ne: archers/hunts (only at first), but then LOT of Mgs and chims, 2 dryads/Dotc/Dott/faeries. No Hippos, hippo/archer or bears.
micro against them cause its mgs becomes useless.

Hu: lots of footies/GRIPHS/hawks/Knights, 2 mortars/sorcs/priests/breakers/gyros. No rifles (in late game) no tanks.This must be the hardest com, go anticast and AA.Also be carefull with ff gryphs on your heroes.

Orc: lots of grunts, taurens, wyverns. 2 demos,Wd,shaman,riders, kodos, HH. No spirits!, they only have purge or orb to dispell, so go magic against them.

Try to nuke the com's heroes, they never uses the TP to scape.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
And NE seem to have an obsession with Mountian Giants too.
Yeah, pretty much, also it uses them very effectively.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Thats because NE doesnt like Hippo Riders! They are just archers with more hit points, flying ability, and die to piercing faster.
Isn't this weird, I mean an archer standing on the ground has a smaller damage than the same archer mounted on a beast.

FeRN@n2 said:
Try to nuke the com's heroes, they never uses the TP to scape.
Yeah, this is one of the most important things, but he usually moves well the heroes, it is not easy to kill them. Sometimes there are some errors when u see the enemy hero coming alone in your base :)