Davemeister

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cow King

Originally posted by SuperiorNewbie
About the cow king thing... I read some thing like this:
if u already killed king and killed him again, anyone in the game is not affected and can still make,
if u killed it for the first time, everyone in the GAME, will lose the ablility to make...
I have to go with supernoob on this one. I've gone through plenty of cow games, and killing the cow king is much like every other party quest. if someone in a game (partied or not) has completed the quest before and completes it this time, you are excluded from the quest completion. if someone who has killed the cow king before and kills him again (assuming same difficulty level), you're excluded from completing the quest, which in the case of cows, leaves you with the ability to make a portal again to take another shot at the king. make sense?

from my own experience, I've been in lots of cow games where someone goes and kills the king, but I can still make the portal in the next game because the killer had already killed the king before (in the same difficulty level), thus excluding me from quest completion, allowing me to still make the portal. and if I see that king killer in the next game, I usually ask them to go straight for the king and kill him right away so nobody has to worry about it for the rest of the game.

kennyj

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.diabloii.net/battlenet/secret-cow-level.shtml

One of the better writeups on the cow king.

To summarize:
1. Who is or is not in the party DOES NOT MATTER.
2. What DOES matter is whether the king killer has killed the king before, or not.
3. The only people affected are those who are in the cow level. Regardless of party status.

If the king killer has killed before, everyone in the level loses the ability to make the portal.

How can you tell if you've killed the king or been blamed for killing him? Check the quest window - a small red X will appear in the upper-right corner of the act I tab if you killed the king. If you see the X, feel free to kill the king with impunity (well, impunity assuming you can do something about the charged bolts.) In fact, it's a good idea to do so, since if YOU get the last blow, a noob won't...

MeinHerzBrennt: dunno who you meant, but all of my info is verifyable at diabloii.net as well as several other places if you're willing to look :)

kennyj

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Legendarian:
1. Pretty much (Iths were a hack to remove items from sockets while retaining runeword bonuses, others were the result of a bug that allowed Open Bnet characters to connect to closed bnet with a little know-how.) Bugged items DO still appear (the nature of the game) but just because something's bugged doesn't mean it's good. :)

2 & 3: Exactly correct.

4: It's actually a math error, but you're right - the end effect for either rune is that you'll hit the enemy 95% of the time. Eth will still have it's use later for those with low AR who don't need the full ignore defense bonus, but Jah will be MUCH more valuable just out of principle. Sucks for those that put Eths in valuable weapons, doesn't it? ^_^

5 & 6: Yeppers.

7: One of the better explanations I've seen, actually. The thing is, duped SOJs really can't be detected after the fact, as they have no unique ID - however, those who trade legitimate items for dupes unknowingly would be hurt, so I similarly doubt Bliz would retroactively delete dupes - just take extra steps to stop them in the future.

8: See above. :)

9: Also a damn good explanation.

10: Heh, yup. Changes if/when there's a patch, but that's right.

11 & 12: Good job.

13: Actually, though their MF is useless since they inherit your MF, they can be good for backup and for killing more of the BS enemies for you that you might not otherwise bother with, which means more runes/charms/jewels (crafting jewels especially.) Look into the Lightning Hose Rogue for minor-baddie ass-kicking. :)

14: Yeah, you're right. Unid items can be duped just the same as ID'd items - the only real value to an unid item is that you have a chance of getting a perfect item without the expense. Of course, it IS a gamble...

15: Don't forget PVP assasins that run ahead and set up traps for you to run through just outside town while you finish a trade session / equip dueling gear / heal / etc.... I knew one that insisted on fighting at Arcane, and would surround the wp with traps while telling you to wait. I owned his noobah ass anyways, and with a poorly-made pally at that, but still. ;)

IK_Honor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How can you tell if you've killed the king or been blamed for killing him? Check the quest window - a small red X will appear in the upper-right corner of the act I tab if you killed the king. If you see the X, feel free to kill the king with impunity (well, impunity assuming you can do something about the charged bolts.)
That is a maphack feature. ;)

Actually, though their MF is useless since they inherit your MF, they can be good for backup and for killing more of the BS enemies for you that you might not otherwise bother with, which means more runes/charms/jewels (crafting jewels especially.) Look into the Lightning Hose Rogue for minor-baddie ass-kicking.
Merc kill = Your MF + Their MF, so their MF DOES matter. Remember, the game checks items to drop in the order of Unique first and Magic last. This means more magic find IS better, as long as you can maintain your killing speed. Another common myth is that identifying items in hell difficulty with a higher level character will spawn better mods on the item. This is false. The mods are binded to the item as soon as it hits the ground, you just can't see them until you identify it.

yo all iths are gonna be erased? cause then people can sue blizz
Nope. All characters/items are stored on their servers and are therefore their property, and they can do anything to their property that they wish to do. Even if you bought your items on eBay (which Blizzard doesn't support) for real money you cannot sue them for the money you lost (if they chose to delete the item) Why? Just as most sellers say, you are only paying a transaction fee for the item. The items remain the property of Blizzard Entertainment. You payed your money and the item was transfered to you. That is all the seller is responsible for.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i lost my main acnt for running a bot 1 time and i regret it so i will never cheat again

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i only use that for when i am getting rushed or rushing somebody other then that its NEVER turned on!!!

[bs] ` Stimpy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.backstab.net
Re: Common Misconceptions and Myths about Diablo *sticky plz*

Originally posted by Legendarian
9. Oh boy, someone said they’re quitting Diablo and to whisper them what to change the password to! Free account for me!

I’m sure you know this by now, but 99.99999% of people doing this are hoping you’re an idiot and will give them the password you’re using on your account. Scams like this are so stupid because the only people that would fall for it are newbs that don’t even have anything worth an soj. Let’s analyze this, shall we? Most of the people that do this give some lame reason why they’re quitting like they’re sick of Iths and stuff. WHY THE HELL would they bother trying to justify their reason if they’re really giving their stuff away? Not like we’d care about their reason anyway, we just want their stuff! It’s funny because they make some lame reason up to make it sound more authentic but it really just makes it sound fake. And more importantly… if I was giving my stuff away why the !@#$ would I say “give me the password to change it to� I would just give you the damn password and leave. It makes absolutely no sense. I can have some sort of respect for a scam if it’s well thought out but this is just moronic.
i once did this and accually got a pretty nice account full of uniques :)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
on the cow king thing...the only way the red x will appear in the quest window is if u have maphack....and a newer version at that. and u wont be able to have mh here soon due to patch 1.10 just like starcraft. the second u use mh on it ur loggin back in again and again.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
Originally posted by Cert
blizz cant tell if you use a bot. they can only tell if u bot if ur on like 24/7. i dont know y they banned you tho... you dont play that much. But you do have maphack which they coulda detected or w/e
It wouldn't be hard to track the paths of bot routes. The same path over and over wouldn't be too difficult. Especially when it is Blizzard's servers after all, anyone who thinks they can't do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to track you, is very ignorant.

And on a side note:

Originalyl posted by DoS_SilentWolf
on the cow king thing...the only way the red x will appear in the quest window is if u have maphack....and a newer version at that. and u wont be able to have mh here soon due to patch 1.10 just like starcraft. the second u use mh on it ur loggin back in again and again.
A maphack compatible with v1.10 will be out the same day that v1.10 is released. Guaranteed ;)

johnnq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.burke-books.com
shadow_demon thats wut my d1 guy looked like :)

about the mf thing. ur wrong about runes. mf doesn't affect runes. u can have 1000 mf and not find better runes.

sin316

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Check the quest window - a small red X will appear in the upper-right corner of the act I tab if you killed the king. If you see the X, feel free to kill the king with impunity (well, impunity assuming you can do something about the charged bolts.) In fact, it's a good idea to do so, since if YOU get the last blow, a noob won't...
this is a feature of maphack ... people still using mousepads maphack really enjoy to buy the game again lol