COD Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Game Talk' started by ST, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ST

ST Premium Member

Phoenix, Arizona
    I can't decide whether to get it or not. And even if I did decide to get it not sure where I could get it.

The reviews look pretty damn good. PLEASE HELP BF, I CANT MAKE DECISIONS

2. Hitsua

Hitsua +

I thought about it. Then again I don't have an XBOX or PS3.

3. Metal Gear Flash

Metal Gear Flash LaLiLuLeLo

Lone Star State
    I think it's pretty safe to say that if you liked the previous games, you'll like MW3. I prefer Battlefield over the CoD games but that's just me.

4. CrazyKooK

CrazyKooK Premium Member

Listen to Flash, if you like Modern Warfare 2, you will LOVE it, if your not a COD fan then you won't.

I picked up my copying on lunch break and never ended up going back. lol. The multiplayer is just Modern Warfare 2 improved. Same feel, same graphics, etc. just polished more. I LOVED MW2 and hated that everyone moved on to Black Ops because (I can finally say this now... ) I always thought that Black Ops SUCKED in comparison.

On another note, it has split screen multiplayer :)

5. ST

ST Premium Member

Phoenix, Arizona
    Black Ops was made by someone else that's why it sucked.

6. CrazyKooK

CrazyKooK Premium Member

I know. Infinity Ward is the ****. Glad that they met my expectations. Wouldn't necessarily say that MW3 multiplayer exceptionally exceeds MW2, but it is a very good predecessor

7. KOLOSSAL

KOLOSSAL Hi Friends

85% of maps are entirely linear. Bullet damage increased considerably, or health decreased considerably... I can't tell which yet. Either way, gives someone ambushed from behind zero chance of survivability. Once everybody catches on to these things you're going to see the world's biggest camp fest.

-My initial thoughts

8. Hitsua

Hitsua +

Is it possible it is the lack of perks? I am unsure of how the system works but it could just be imbalanced due to the proximity of the games release date.

9. KOLOSSAL

KOLOSSAL Hi Friends

I suppose variables like this could have a thing or two to do with it, but I'm no expert and remain uncertain at this time.

10. CrazyKooK

CrazyKooK Premium Member

This is a very valid point. Developers know the maps extremely well and play very differently than everyone else, so it takes them a while to observe others playing to find the changes that are needed.

Kolossal - I agree with you that the hit damage has increased or the health decreased, I feel like I die so fast, also I tend to see a consistant lag across all games I have played... I have a super internet connection with LOW LOW ping, so it isn't me. I will regularly run into someone and pump them with bullets to get hit by like one of theirs and think it's complete bull. But when I watch the kill-cam, they filled me with bullets.???? Idk ????

Getting shot from behind is a death sentence now, even with high sensitivity on. But with sensitivity high, you do have a much better chance. I try to bob behind cover as fast as possible and then turn around.

What do you mean by the maps being very linear? I don't feel that way at all. In fact, I like ACRs, M-16s, Scar, etc. and I feel like a lot of the maps don't have enough open spaces to use them. That is unless you are a camper and sit in those spots... but I never could sit still.

11. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    I liked it better the first time I played it, when it was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

12. CrazyKooK

CrazyKooK Premium Member

lol. I didn't play the first one that much. Hear this comment a lot though. It does seem like its more of a patch than a new game, but being older and having more money, I really don't mind paying $60 for a game that I play 5-15 hours/ week until the next release.

13. Gimmi

Gimmi Eric

there is nothing more to say.

14. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Suit up

It's baller as ****.

Anyone expecting anything but MW2.5 (which MW2 was basically just MW1.5 anyway...) is dumb. But it fixed a lot of the **** wrong with MW2, it added a few of the cooler things from BlOps and basically merged all the maps from MW1/MW2 into maps for this one.

Does it feel like a lazy copy/paste job? Yes.
    Does that stop me from playing the **** out of it any loving every minute? No.

Battlefield 3 is pretty tits too. But in it's own completely different way.

15. Nickman13

Nickman13 New Member

I have Modern Warfare 3 for the Xbox 360 and I can tell you first hand that it is not worth getting. It's unbelievably easy to level up in for one thing. (I'm a 15th Prestige Level 80) It's also filled with little kids and kids that rage. As well as "Tryhards" and kids that call you a "F*G" for using anything but a sniper. Don't get this game, you will regret it like I did.