CNN: "Less educated Americans abandoning religion"

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the news this morning I spotted this:

CNN: "Less educated Americans are losing religion", Discuss...

(thread title is a misquote, sorry)

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
well it's a good thing the study found it for them after they lost it

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You should actually read the article. But anyway, I'm not sure I should laugh at the notion of less educated americans or at the "we didn't ask latinos and blacks because those morons go to church because yo momma said so" attitude.

It's a matter of culture. In Europe, atheism, or at least agnothicism, is very related to education, but in southern countries like, unfortunately, my own, and Spain, there's still a lot of fairy tale believers because yo momma said so.

Keep in mind that 'yo' should be read as 'their', it just wouldn't sound so silly.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
You should actually read the article. But anyway, I'm not sure I should laugh at the notion of less educated americans or at the "we didn't ask latinos and blacks because those morons go to church because yo momma said so" attitude.

It's a matter of culture. In Europe, atheism, or at least agnothicism, is very related to education, but in southern countries like, unfortunately, my own, and Spain, there's still a lot of fairy tale believers because yo momma said so.

Keep in mind that 'yo' should be read as 'their', it just wouldn't sound so silly.
I would have to agree that religion would almost entirely not exist today if it weren't for being raised into the culture

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Religion is being phased out by conspiracy theories.