Closed Fight: Arodion vs Mindblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
I'm looking for an opponent for a one on one role play fight to the death or submission/inactiveness. Not sure how these are done here so since I'm making the challenge I'll put up my rules.
Damage is not done in hit points but in true descriptive injuries Stick to your character's physical abilities, but since it is fantasy...those are extreme. Don't directly control my character. I consider this God modding and will get pissed. I leave my attacks open for your reaction, you do the same. Anyways, I'll post intro and setting, my opponent can just put his intro in and we'll go from there :mean please be descriptive in your posts though....
----------------------------------------

Thunder and lightning fills the stormy sky over the Cathedral's crumbling structure. Rain beats upon its decreped roof, leaking small streams of water into its dark and dusty interior. The water splashes across the rotten wodden floors, making puddles in the layered dust or soaking into the brown carpet. A breeze through the shattered stain glass windows blows a layer of dust off of the rows of pues, sending it swirling around the broken alter and across the fallen cross that lies cracked on the floor.

A human corpse, mutilated beyond recognition of age, sex, or identity lies upon that broken alter, the being's blood dried congealing on the sides of the wooden box and across the floor. Pieces of flesh decorate the inside of a collection plate, bite marks visible on certain pieces.

Over head a rustle and clink of chains is heard in the dark recesses of the rafters. The rustle moves from spot to spot, stopping over the altar. A soft chuckle is heard and half an eaten hand drops into the collection plate below. The rustle is heard again and a single black feather drops down out of the shadows, coming to rest on the desicated corpse's face
-----------------------

I await you....

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Between each surge of lightning in the air a figure seems to stand in the center of the Cathedral, though each bolt that arcs through the sky, illuminating the inner reaches of the ruinous Cathedral cast a pale shadow through the man. At times the man's grim features fade entirely, only to reappear elsewhere as he shifts through the Cathedral, though through no magical expenditure, mere nature tosses him about upon the winds.

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
The rafters creak under unseen weight, the sound moving across the ceiling's shodows to above the open doorway. A black shape drop to the floor, the being's frame outlined in the doorway by a flash of lightning. He steps foward, undaunted by his foe's movements. As he steps into dim light he lifts his head and stares at the opposing being. A fanged smile spreads across his face.

Heavy chains clink at his side, rattling across a mass of belts. Long dark locks of hair fall around his face and run back across his neck to lie in a ponytail between two massive black wings. Shinning silver pupils gaze through the darkness as he lifts up a large metal gauntlet on his left hand. Opening his palm at his foe, a red jewel in its center glows red with life, locking onto the creature's lifeforce.

Closing his hand and cracking his neck the Angel of Mutilations laughs, his voice echoeing through the rotted wall of the desecrated house of worship.
"I feed again Father! The blood of your own blessed ones bring life to my veins and fire back to my heart. Now you send you weary travelers to put me back in the ground?" He gazes at the stranger, "I think not."

Arodion, the Lightless One, Angel of Mutilations pulls his sword from its sheath. A metal ringing from the sword cuts through the silence, its tone vibrating the remaining glass of the windows. Arodion draws the blade out to his side and a flash of red radiates from the blade before it erupts into red flames. Arodion leeps foward, his wings pushing backwards to give added speed to his charge. He kicks off a crumbling pue and swings the sword at his foe, an arc of hellish fire leaping out infront of the attack.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The man doesn't move an inch, the blade passes through his body as he disperses and his 'physical' body reforms no more than 5 feet away before Arodion, seemingly totally unaffected by the attack in the least. Another flash of lightning illuminates his features.

Sharing the same impish temperament as his smile, and hidden behind a pair of jet black shades, lay a set of twilight gray eyes, the hint of violet surrounding the inner iris shifting the true color in the light. Glancing up, one can catch the faint movement of two nimble black wings almost buried under a forest of disheveled hot pink hair. Most of his clothing looks slightly effeminate, taken from an earlier kill, the only thing that has fit him as yet. A blood red shirt and tight black pants covered in belts and straps accentuate his masculine features, while a pair of black combat boots made for a female can be seen stretching up near his knee beneath the pants.

He raised a hand to his lips, a small jet of flame forming between two fingertips. He briefly inhales and then exhales, releasing a cloud of smoke, not unlike a cigarette. The small jet of flame extinguished itself in his grasp as he finally speaks in a rather raspy, but commanding voice, "Ow. A blade wreathed in flame. I'm in so much pain." Red tendrils of some form of energy began to extend from his back and inside of his forearms. Smirking he was slowly pushed off the ground as his eyes began to glow a bright pink, "Don't judge a mage by the cover of his spellbook, and don't think mere flame or blades can harm that born of malice and hate."

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
Very nice, I love the attitude. this should be interesting...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Simply a test child, but a mere prod at your powers. Arodion's eyes roll up into his head and a shiver crosses over him. It has been many years since I tapped into the powers of the Void. Its chill is a sweet nectar in my veins.

Arodion's eye's blaze with a silver glow as they roll foward to face his opponent. His brow narrows as he smiles, breathing in deeply. He sheaths his katana and draws his hand out to his side, open palmed. A black glow, the absence of light, of air, of existence forms around his hand, growing into a black orb of negative energy. Stepping his left leg back, Arodion clasps his gauntleted left hand over his right wrist, bracing his weight. Turning his arm to face the floating mage a sigh of ecstasy escapes Arodion's lips as a dark beam erupts from his hand lansing out at his foe.

A thundercrack fills the room as the air collapses into fill the vacuum left by the void beam, dust and loose papers swill into the beam, drawn into oblivion. All that the beam touches disapears, not merely destroyed, but eliminated as if it never existed. A second thunder crack echoes the first as the beam closes with the mage's chest.

Arodion holds his stance, concentrating on controlling the gateway to the Unthereal Realm in his hand. His eyes watch the beam and his foe, checking reaction speed and more importantly, sheer power.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((Would you mind If I changed the thread title? You can suggest something if you want cause its your thread, but I was thinking something along the lines of Closed Fight: Mindblaze vs Arodion. or whatever.))

He let out a brief sigh as he heard the mention of energies based off The Void, thinking to himself, Not another one. As the beam nears him he disperses once more, but this time the effect is much different. The ruins quickly fill with a rolling red mist that clings to what may be left of the walls, climbing up the sides. The aura that Mindblaze gives off is still very present in the room, but has heightened to become almost overbearing.

With each illuminating flash of lightning beyond the walls of the Cathedral the mist seems to leap up, giving faint images and shadows of humanoid figures in all directions. Each and every last illusion seems just as real as the next and the last, Mindblaze himself getting lost in the background. In truth he has masked himself with a spell that works in combination with this rather unique ability, a nondetection spell allowing him to hopefully slip away and gather massive amounts of energy.

The billowing cloud of mists and the faint images speak in unison as they all stare at Arodion, "Do we get the pleasure of knowing the name of our feast, or shall we just dig another unmarked grave?"

Arodion

Member!
Reaction score
Arodion snarls, the black orb of voidal energy stil cracking in his hand.

"Father, what have you planned. You send your servants after me but don't bother to inform them of their execturer's name? You are growing weak throug hthe centuries I fear." He locks eyes with Mindblaze, a glint of red sparking in their inky wells. "Fine Young one, Know that you face Arodion Grazznic, Angel of Mutilations."

A high pitched scream escapes Arodion's lips as his hair flies back across his shoulders. He shoves his hand outwards and the voidal bal slides out through the air slowly, appraoching the mist of figures. The orb suddenly expands outwards, its force multiplying exponentialy. Floorboard crack, splinter, then fly into the orb as little more than sawdust. The ancient red carpet is sucked into oblivion as the crumbling peus begin to slide across the floor towards the growing sphere. The force extends upwards, causing the rafters to creak, and the massive cross on the floor slides towards the Void.

The red mist around the Cathedral swirls as the foces capture up all of existence, this plane and those extending other realms. A silver glow around Arodion begins to form, just a faint outline of him in silver, his own shield against his attacks powers.

Out of the sphere a purple blast of lightning rips through the air, expelling the growing negative energy in that gateway. The arc of energy cuts through a set of pues and blast out a man size hole in the wall, letting the void pull at the falling rain, sucking it into the cathedral in a sideways blast of water.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Watching now from a short distance Mindblaze smirks, snapping his fingers, his images talking in unison with him, "Every action deserves an equal and opposite reaction." Several of the Images pop and release a burst of stored energy. The resulting blast forces the Images that did not sacrifice themselves to dart out in every direction, ignoring solid matter as a ghost would. Furthermore, this blast is of Neutralization Energies, akin to Void energies, but meant to bring any reaction to a halt, whether it be chemical, magical, neurological, temporal, or of the Soul. The original Mindblaze begins drawing in energy for his own assault.

((My past experiences with Neutralization energies meeting Void energies is an explosion. Its only happened four ****ing times. Neutralization energies basically make everything inert. My logic is that the Void energy is being compelled to do something on this Plane and that isn't neutrality, thus it is a reaction, thus it has an opposite reaction somewhere under the confines of Neutralization energies. Granted this small blast wouldn't be enough to kill anyone, but its like a Dispell Magic spell for just about anything.))

((The actual RP portion of the post would be longer, but its like midnight and I had a long day. Plus theres not all that much more I could think to do besides add more detail.))

Status
Not open for further replies.