Chris is not a good admin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Re: Chris is a not a good admin...

Calm down I was kidding. Thought you were over that.
I cracked up when I read this.

Chris makes terrible decisions but I have no problem with him being Staff so long as he chooses to correct his decisions by what the logical conclusion is - not what Mike, Renzo, or DM tell him because they are wrong about pretty much everything.

Also, Chris has done some stuff, clearly. However Staff has a lot of fat to trim because there a bunch of worthless people as Gmods ATM.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris is:

Good at content/passive stuff.
Conflictual stuff, he is not good at. Which is why I'm here.

The end.
Darkmatter:

Good at being a douche
Bad at knowing when to ban and unban people.

<3

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Re: Chris is a not a good admin...

I cracked up when I read this.

Chris makes terrible decisions but I have no problem with him being Staff so long as he chooses to correct his decisions by what the logical conclusion is - not what Mike, Renzo, or DM tell him because they are wrong about pretty much everything.

Also, Chris has done some stuff, clearly. However Staff has a lot of fat to trim because there a bunch of worthless people as Gmods ATM.
renzo is more man than you'll ever be!

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score

Battleforums.com is a place for you to detach yourself from everyday life, and relax - not a place to be all political and dramatic.
We are not the ones messing up the forum rules with our personal agendas, mr. Donny. Your Staff is.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Respecting the rules is the only way to enforce them, mr. DM. It doesn't make you a "puppet". It makes you a professional.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This is neither about you, or about cheese. This is about the Administration dealing with problems by breaking the rules.
I understand that it is a bit difficult for you to grasp the "logic" of professionalism, but when it comes to administrating anything, you have to be the first to follow your rules and allow no exceptions for yourself or your staff. Members can have "excuses" for breaking the rules. The Administration can't afford any. Because if they do, they make a gray mess, where every rule can be questioned.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
This is neither about you, or about cheese. This is about the Administration dealing with problems by breaking the rules.
I understand that it is a bit difficult for you to grasp the "logic" of professionalism, but when it comes to administrating anything, you have to be the first to follow your rules and allow no exceptions for yourself or your staff. Members can have "excuses" for breaking the rules. The Administration can't afford any. Because if they do, they make a gray mess, where every rule can be questioned.
You really don't, but it's fine. To each their own Gally.
Is this you trying to get the last word in, or do you actually have some reasoning/logic behind disagreeing that the people that enforce the rules should obey them as well?

Put this into a real-life perspective, should Police be required to follow the same rules in their off time that they enforce while on the job?

Why shouldn't your staff follow the rules they're issuing infractions for to people without a flashy/bolded name?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah..I'm not arguing with DM anymore, but gally IS right. There's nothing wrong with her last statement at all.

-edit

I think he's just trying to get the last word in though. Lol.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
She is right, but I don't believe the 'old ways' she keeps trying to promote work on the forums anymore. 3 years ago sure, but now...no. This is in regard to members and her leniency towards people. Seconds chances, that whole bit. That worked for awhile, because I used to enforce it but we are past that. Anyone who can't see that is wrong. :/

As far as staff, it is a mess. We don't have a overall rule guide or anything like that, that we all need to follow. I don't know why but I'm going to fix it. A rule thread for US, a mod guide for US, do's and don'ts, the works. We lack structure, and it's been bugging me a lot. Of what incident are you referring to Gally? If it's Cheeze related, we already decided on it. Same with Eric. They both are banned for 2 months, and if they be good (No alts or account sharing) they can come back with a clean slate.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
From our admin vote, cheeze and Eric will no longer be permanently banned. Their ban length has been shortened to 2 months, and will be extended by 1 month for each new duplicate account created/used. This is final.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
w00t. After he's unbanned leave the poor cheez alone =( give him a chance to actually mess up this time. Lolz.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Start by not giving any second chances to the admins and staff members that troll and flame outside the Asylum, that ban active users for flaming in Asylum, that delete posts and threads as they please etc. and then come back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.