Chims w/Web

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
That's b/c Frost Wyrms don't have friendly splash damage.
How can u tell, u read somewhere about it? Because it doesn't say anywhere. And let's say another example no matter how many gryphs u have they will never splash damage your knights or footmans.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Its because the splash they cause harms Enemy Ground units for the first attack. The second one affects enemy air.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Ok, final example: how come orb of anihilation doesn't affect ghouls?
And I suggest u all to try chims +bears to see at what incredible manner the bears are affected.
if u fight against a unit with a little magis resistance, let's say a hero, those stupid chims will hurt more your bears than the enemy hero.

I am stating all of these because I think that it will be a good idea for blizzard to do something about that chim splah damage on bears, because I would like very much a bear+chim+hypo strategy I think it will be fantastic. Instead I have to use those mg because of their magic resistance.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Orbs Only hit enemies as well. Even if you Force Attack it still doesnt work. I think that it is good that the chims hurt your own units in a way... you have to keep them balanced some how. Chims are really ment to be base wreakers nothing more.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And also melee and low hp destroyers.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Icedragon said:
Chims are really ment to be base wreakers nothing more.
interresting, how come?
because they have a different damage for buildings. is this valid for wyrms too?

The thing is that I consider the ideal NE army to be:
2 mg
6 hypo
2 claw druids, not bear
a few dryads, talons, archer
the rest chims(about 5)
I've tried this ones in a 2v2 and this configuration is unmatchable, I've defeated 2 armies.

Those chims with roar, trueshoot and upgrades pulverise everyrhing.
This is why I don't consider them as beiing only base wreakers.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said earlier, they are melee and low hp unit wreckers for that reason. I usually go hunts/dryads/chims and maybe some faerie dragons.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Chims will demolsih any ground based-non magic immune unit. Have you seen a hero get blasted by 6 chims repeatedly and stay alive? Chims are support units in and out of combot, not just base wreckers.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Oh yes, and I have experienced it many times :(.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
thats like saying will a rifleman with 999982374759879999999 hp be overpowered :\

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not necessarily, most people lose to chims because they get unprepared, don't have teh units to stop them. Hell, I think Pan will agree with me on this, the many people that get Night Elf in FFA go chippos and tri hero.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Even I have trouble with mass air (chippo) because there are usualy 3 other players and I'can't focus on the damn NE. Chims really piss me off, becuase people htink their god when they mass them and take out a few newbs in a FFA game.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Only for that reason. Whats worse is UD

They either go:

Necrowagon or Garg/Wyrms

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah you are right in some sense. Because chims are necessary to kill taurens with anything. Just be ready with anti air. Even in RT, Tauren are screwed over by chims and walkers can't do much because they take extra damage from teh chims.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
interresting, how come?
because they have a different damage for buildings. is this valid for wyrms too?
Wyrms are differnt because they can not only be base wreakers they can be army stopers and harrassers. With the fressing breath all they have to do to win a war is get on in your base as freeze your unit producing buildings up. also wyrms dont hurt or slow friendly units making them much more able to be an assisting units. Undead is a race of few units compared to other races so their units have to multi task and the frost wrym does this remarkible well i think

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Chims are the same idea. The problem with Frost Wyrms is that they must be within a 300 or so range to unleash thier breath atacks.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Icedragon said:
also wyrms dont hurt or slow friendly units making them much more able to be an assisting units.
exactly, the splash damage doesn't hurt the friendly, otherwise there wouldn't be any ghouls near.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Chims are the same idea. The problem with Frost Wyrms is that they must be within a 300 or so range to unleash thier breath atacks.
they may be the same ideea but the idea is stupid and friendly splash damaging
the only problem with worms is that, they require tier 3 time. a new buiding time, + upgrade time(freezing breath)+ alot of money and training time.
I'm not sayng this because I want to mass wyrms but even to have 2 it takes alot of time.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MAss wyrms isn't as strong as you think. As I said, take advantage of the 300 range to hit them from afar. But the slow debuff makes it so hippos dont attack as fast so it will be difficult without dryads or breakers once they are grounded.