Check this out

Pee Wee

Member!
Reaction score

How do I fix this? Usually I install it and it goes through the installation then says I can't run D2 because I don't have DirectDraw or w/e, so after it completes I get that file thats on my desktop there from my friend and it always works, I've never gotten this error before.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. :peep::peep::peep:

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
2 things:

Does the disk have any form of damage and
is it burned?

L

Laharl

I'd either get a new disc or an ISO. THat one seems to have kicked it.

Pee Wee

Member!
Reaction score
Chris - It is not burned and looks as good as it did when I bought it.

Laharl - Yeah I guess I'll just get a new disc, for now I'm gonna keep playing with it and pray it works.

Thanks for the replies.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah it has to be CD Related. Its the only way he would get a CRC error like that. Those usually happen if the ISO is faulty, or the CD has taken enough damage to be unable to load. But seeing as you have the necessary things to make it work, then it should be something else...

I think there is a freeware program that can scan your CD for any of these anomales and tell you about it.

Pee Wee

Member!
Reaction score
I've just been putting the cd in and taking it out and slowly but surely it's working xD

ChrisH36

Reaction score
haha. I had that situation. There is a solution but you need to be careful.

If your CD has finger prints or scratches. Either use a shirt or towel to carefully remove them. And once (it even got my FF9 to work), I used Windex, sprayed a little, then rubbed it to smooth the surface.

CRC errors only occur if your CD drive is having problems reading the CD.

Pee Wee

Member!
Reaction score
My friend told me to use toothpaste and since it worked on my FF7 and other games I tried it and it worked a bit better, I'm on now so that's settled.

But a new problem has come up, nothing to do with Diablo but I hope I can get help anyway;

I installed the software for my speakers/sound all that and it works at random times, like one day they will work flawlessly and other times they don't work at all.

And in Control Panel I can adjust the system volume so it's detecting the speakers otherwise I wouldn't be able to play with those settings, also it isn't on mute lol.

L

Laharl

Probably an error with your disks, as I believe they access the sound/music files on it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i assume ur not running diablo sooooo

for me its the jack or plug if your using a splitter like me. Mine occasionally stops working and i have to just play around with it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
My friend told me to use toothpaste and since it worked on my FF7 and other games I tried it and it worked a bit better, I'm on now so that's settled.

But a new problem has come up, nothing to do with Diablo but I hope I can get help anyway;

I installed the software for my speakers/sound all that and it works at random times, like one day they will work flawlessly and other times they don't work at all.

And in Control Panel I can adjust the system volume so it's detecting the speakers otherwise I wouldn't be able to play with those settings, also it isn't on mute lol.
Depends on teh quality of your speakers. I have junk ones that do the exact same thing.