Casualties on the Eastern Front

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
no it is appropriet...because that is exactly what we did we let yall bleed. as an end result we slow our advance and yall get to berlin before we do.
According to historical information US slowed its advance down so its supply lines had time to shift east. In addition we were 50 kilometers off Berlin months before you were 70 kilometers from it.

I would like to hear your reasons as to why it was not? since it led to the battle of the bulge taking out the greman reservs allowing yall to advance on the eastern front.
We were advancing in the eastern front very fast even without Normandy ever happening. Infact the only reason you were able to punch through in Normandy was because most of the German troops were occupied in the East. In addition the invasion of Normandy was not essential to German overall defeat, because in 1944 they were doomed any way you look at it, without the invasion of Normandy war would last longer but not significantly and there is no way Germany would end up winning in any way.

Icing? Yeah its good so far. You don't know what you are talking about and your conclusions have connection to the facts. I hope you'll try to put out an intelligent argument next time though, i am getting bored over here.

My sources are credible, they are books, what i was taught in my history class and what i have read on the internet. Yours on the other hand are some obviously wacko professor from University in the middle of nothere, and very opinionated and biased websites.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Гражданин СССР said:
Infact the only reason you were able to punch through in Normandy was because most of the German troops were occupied in the East.
Actually a "fake" assembling of troops on another beach led Hitler to believe the attack was coming elsewhere. Hence the lack of troops at Normandy.

- Also, who's to know if the russians could have defeated germany.

Anything is possible, all we know is WHAT ACTUALLY happened, not what could have happened.

The U.S., GB, France, and Russian alliance helped defeat the germans.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
By 1944 there is no way Germany had any chance of turning around and beating USSR, Red Army was on a roll taking hundreds of miles in meer weeks, stopping to take on the urban centers and then advancing further. Neither US nor Britain ever fought the amount of German troops Red Army fought, also 80 percent of all German casualties were caused on the eastern front.

Zerglite

Reaction score
you have no proof of what COULD have happened

all we know is what DID happen

your just ranting trying to prove a point that you cannot.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Relying on historical facts and logic we can predict in general what would have happened. Yes by 1944 there IS NO WAY Germany would be able to defeat the Red Army even without the invasion of Normandy. That is the only logical conclusion.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Гражданин СССР said:
Relying on historical facts and logic we can predict in general what would have happened. Yes by 1944 there IS NO WAY Germany would be able to defeat the Red Army even without the invasion of Normandy. That is the only logical conclusion.
and yet you continue to believe it, its not the only logical conclusion.

A major determining factor in both WW's was the fact that the allies on the western front and the Russians on the eastern front split the german army, making it easier for both.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about, Red Army has defeated the bulk of the German forces before western allies landed in Normandy. By 1944 Germans were running and doing a good job at it, to say that they'd be able to defeat the Red Army if the western allies haven't invaded Normandy is to ignore both historical facts and logic. Eighty percent of all German casualties were caused on the eastern front.

In WW2 allied invasion of Normandy was not a determining factor, neither was Africa, nor was Italy, they were sideshows to the real war fought on the Eastern Front. Churchill even said that there is no question about which front is the primary one in the war and he said that it was the Eastern Front.

Zerglite

Reaction score
thats all well and good

that fact is

Russia alone did NOT defeat the germans, theres no changing the past by what MIGHT have happened or COULD have.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
I never in this thread said that Russia did it alone. The most major contribution from the west however was not the battles they fought but the supplies they sent to the Soviet Union. With LL but without US or Britain entering combat Soviet Union could still have won WW2.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Гражданин СССР said:
With LL but without US or Britain entering combat Soviet Union could still have won WW2.

Ok, let's return to the facts, shall we? Let's not linger on fiction any longer.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Its not fiction its a theory, a logical one and one based on factual content.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Гражданин СССР said:
Its not fiction its a theory, a logical one and one based on factual content.

Theory - A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

So, did they move back in time to test it?