Carrier or battlecruiser?

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
I believe that the Carrier is terrible...why?

1) Scouts and Wraiths will completely annilate them for alot less price

2) If you're Zerg, just do what Someoned said, a Plague takes off 300 hp (Carriers have 300), and Dark Swarm will make the Interceptors completely useless, if u have 6+ Defilers and 10+ Lings, well you can easily Plague and Dark Swarm everywhere, then when the Carriers are busy with the Hydralisks (or running away), a score of Scourges will take them out...

4) EMP, Splash, Goliaths, Statis Field will take out Carriers with ease also.

HOWEVER, Carriers are extremely useful units, despite their long build time and cost, the Interceptors make targeting the Carriers a pain in the ass. Overall, in mass quantities, they're do well and will serve you well if you know what you're doing. If you don't have alot, or are bad with them, stick with Dragoons or something...

EDIT: In response to the Carrier vs. BC question, 12 vs. 19 (respectfully), the BCs will win no doubt, Just two Yamatoes and in less than 5 seconds, 9 of those 12 Carriers are dead, (or 7 if ure BCs are killed), and who cares if they micro, once you get in the range of Yamato (10?) the Carriers can micro all they want, but they're going to be hit

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dArKmIsChIeF said:
I believe that the Carrier is terrible...why?

1) Scouts and Wraiths will completely annilate them for alot less price

2) If you're Zerg, just do what Someoned said, a Plague takes off 300 hp (Carriers have 300), and Dark Swarm will make the Interceptors completely useless, if u have 6+ Defilers and 10+ Lings, well you can easily Plague and Dark Swarm everywhere, then when the Carriers are busy with the Hydralisks (or running away), a score of Scourges will take them out...

4) EMP, Splash, Goliaths, Statis Field will take out Carriers with ease also.

HOWEVER, Carriers are extremely useful units, despite their long build time and cost, the Interceptors make targeting the Carriers a pain in the ass. Overall, in mass quantities, they're do well and will serve you well if you know what you're doing. If you don't have alot, or are bad with them, stick with Dragoons or something...

EDIT: In response to the Carrier vs. BC question, 12 vs. 19 (respectfully), the BCs will win no doubt, Just two Yamatoes and in less than 5 seconds, 9 of those 12 Carriers are dead, (or 7 if ure BCs are killed), and who cares if they micro, once you get in the range of Yamato (10?) the Carriers can micro all they want, but they're going to be hit

Everything that counters carriers do 'better' against BCs. Except for maybe scourge. And carriers > BCs. Not that this situation will ever come up often.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dArKmIsChIeF said:
ummm....not really, Goliaths/EMP owns them...

STILL, the Yamato thing I was talking about would OWN the Carriers...

EMP does not own carrs at all. I don't know what it is about newbs that makes them think for once second that EMP is a good spell. Trust me when I say that EMP is very overrated. Gols aren't THAT great vs carriers except on open maps.(In which case, he probably won't be making carriers.) Even with yamato, carriers will still beat BCs. You twice as many BCs with yamato to stand a chance. If yor opponents are dumb enough to get into this scenario then they deserve to lose.

And no, BCs do not > carrs.

L

Laharl

Emp is fairly good. It removes all shields (Which stings, at the very least), all energy (Destroys caster's energy [like high templar]), and the science vessel itself is a reliable detector.

Side note: EMP vs archons = very, very dead archons. (Well, duh)

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
EMP is good if the Carrirs are clumped together. It's also great if you successfully nuke rush Protoss and blind their Observers, because then you only need one nuke to kill their Nexus or whatever buildings you try to target.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Vessels are too expensive, the radius of emp shockwave is a lot smaller than it really seems, and the mana cost is just too much as well as its upgrade cost/time.
T can't micromanage vessels without sacrificing vulture/tank micro management while constantly pumping out vultures/tanks, and fighting for the center.

It's just too much work.
So yea, they're definately not viable for TvP.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
What about Defence Matrix, a 250 non-regenerating shield, that is FREAKING awesome, I personally think Science Vessel is one of the best spell casters, and you really havent answerd my Yamato thing, once they get in range just open fire, and you have 9 dead Carriers, you can't possible micro 3 Carriers against someone of similar skill against 18 Battlecrusiers...honestly...

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
If you can use your Science Vessels well and time your spells correctly, go for it, but they're much easier and more advantageous to use against Zerg. I use Science Vessels against Protoss if I'm bored and go with Nukes but as a@... said, they can take too much work.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
dArKmIsChIeF said:
What about Defence Matrix, a 250 non-regenerating shield, that is FREAKING awesome, I personally think Science Vessel is one of the best spell casters, and you really havent answerd my Yamato thing, once they get in range just open fire, and you have 9 dead Carriers, you can't possible micro 3 Carriers against someone of similar skill against 18 Battlecrusiers...honestly...
unless the toss player is VERY skilled.

whenever someone starts massing cariers or battlecruisers i mass dark archons and mind control them all^^
pisses tha enemy off bad.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:
unless the toss player is VERY skilled.

whenever someone starts massing cariers or battlecruisers i mass dark archons and mind control them all^^
pisses tha enemy off bad.
250 mana is real easy to earn...

still dont think carriers can own BCs, they both had 3 armors from the start, (or 4, cant remember tese shits :() and well, in the end, BCs will do whole lot more dmg than carriers can when fully upgraded.

Not to mention yamato cannons if they're all upgraded.

Wraith13337

Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
EMP does not own carrs at all. I don't know what it is about newbs that makes them think for once second that EMP is a good spell. Trust me when I say that EMP is very overrated. Gols aren't THAT great vs carriers except on open maps.(In which case, he probably won't be making carriers.) Even with yamato, carriers will still beat BCs. You twice as many BCs with yamato to stand a chance. If yor opponents are dumb enough to get into this scenario then they deserve to lose.

And no, BCs do not > carrs.
lol, emp is a great spell :p just not vs toss... sure it can take them goons from 3 seige hits to 2, but your gas is better spent on more tanks...
golz are amazing vs carriers lol wtf are you smoking? the only things good enough to kill alot of carriers is wraiths (if you can get the observer) and golz (with range... maybe this is why you think golz suck vs carriers) and stay away from the cliffs... make them come to you while you run past them with your second army killing what shit they do have left, mass turrets to delay the **** outta them and stupid carriers are gonna get owned by incoming golz :p

now carriers >>>>>> bcs i learned this the hard way... you guys know of hold positon? well if you tell your carriers to move and keep hitting it... they run and stay attacking so you out range the bcs and kill them at the same time. yes... yamoto would be painful, if everyone has the energy and ect to use it on all the carriers, chances are... your gonna get killed before you can use it on all the carriers. stick with cloaked wraiths and golz... trust me, i never lose to carriers and i play maps like luna and LT.

but look out! people now have strategy with carriers, it's called make the terran over react and only make 4 carriers with alot of zlots and goons.

anyone else seen nada pwn some zerg with bcs on luna? sick, yamoto'd the defilers ><

Wraith13337

Reaction score
dArKmIsChIeF said:
wana bet? besides, lets use logic here... how many times have you gotten 18 bcs and they have only 12 carriers? and you also understimate how common arbs are becoming on low money... people are finally realizeing that statisis is worth the gas.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There's the edit button for a reason, mate.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Don't get all lazy now, mate.

Healer_Shaiera

Reaction score
Carriers= distraction, long life
BCs= yamato, long life

Bcs handled properly are pretty effective... but carriers would be taking down more than a few before you can get focused. Shields with interceptors... proven... big problem for bcs

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
250 mana is real easy to earn...

still dont think carriers can own BCs, they both had 3 armors from the start, (or 4, cant remember tese shits :() and well, in the end, BCs will do whole lot more dmg than carriers can when fully upgraded.

Not to mention yamato cannons if they're all upgraded.
its 150 i think.

they are both stupid. BCs and Carriers dont have enough speed to get out of a mass psionic storm. get like 6 templars and psionic strom them. bye bye incredibly expensive units.