Can't play with CD...

PJ_69

Reaction score
I own a copy of Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar expansion, in fact own two of each, but there is a problem that I need some help with. I want to play the games (preferbly both) without the cd's. You see, I am taking a computer science class and we get free time, well I get free time because I finish all my work weeks before it is due, so I need something to occupy my time.

I would use a CD, but the computers don't allow CD's to be installed onto the computer. Thumb drives work, but I can't do that either because I need the CD to play the game. So I was wondering if there is any way I can play Starcraft at school without the CD? I don't need to play missions, in fact, I would only play Lan games with my friends.

So if anyone can help me out I will appreciate it.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey,

you need to get a CD crack to play the game without the CD. Where you can get one, I don't know.

I don't know how you plan on installing the games?! Give me more info and I can help you more?

PJ_69

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply! Well I was hoping at least one of two options are available. I have a thumb drive and I can use it on the computers at school, is there any way I can get Starcraft on the thumb drive so I can install it on the computers?

The second option would be similar to what I did with Warcraft II. There was a free download of Warcraft II on this one site, it allowed the player to play Lan games without any CD key or any CD but there were no missions, I was wondering if there is a similar download for Starcraft.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
There is a SPAWN version of the original SC. You don't need the CD, and you must play with friends. It should be free as long as you have someone who does have the CD. Again, you can only play with friends.

I don't know what a thumb drive is so I can't help you there. If you can network the computers somehow maybe you can transfer files? ???

PJ_69

Reaction score
There is a SPAWN version of the original SC. You don't need the CD, and you must play with friends. It should be free as long as you have someone who does have the CD. Again, you can only play with friends.

I don't know what a thumb drive is so I can't help you there. If you can network the computers somehow maybe you can transfer files? ???

A thumb drive is also called a flash drive, it is like a memory card, you can store things onto it and then plug it into your USB and upload the files onto your computer.

I know about the spawn version...well, I know it exists but I have a question. Can I install the spawn version in the computer and play with a person who has the spawn version from the same CD without playing with the full version? So can I have a all=spawn game without the full install?

Oh by the way, I can't use the CD, at all, even it install the game so that is why I was wondering if I have to play with the full version player.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
You NEED 1 full version to play.
Can you install the game on SOME computer somewhere, put those files on the flash drive and then upload those files in a similar fashion to the computers at school? That's what I'd try to do.

PJ_69

Reaction score
Well of course I can install it on my computer, at home, but I can't us the CD-drives in school, so don't I need the CD to play the full version?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Okay,

• Install the game at home.
  • Transfer files onto flash drive.
  • Transfer files onto which computers you want at school.
  • Find a no-key crack for the latest version and use that.

I'm not totally smart with these things, but I am trying to help. =\
I'd give it a shot. Its worth it, and if it doesn't work then you know it doesn't work.

PJ_69

Reaction score
Okay,

• Install the game at home.
  • Transfer files onto flash drive.
  • Transfer files onto which computers you want at school.
  • Find a no-key crack for the latest version and use that.

I'm not totally smart with these things, but I am trying to help. =\
I'd give it a shot. Its worth it, and if it doesn't work then you know it doesn't work.
Too bad I saw that just now, I could have tried it today.

Anyway I will try that, I just have a question. I have to copy the folder that I installed only or should I also copy the files from the cd?

Thanks by the way.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I just noticed an error on my part. Its a NO CD crack, not a no-key crack.
Shit, you'll have to install the full version on one computer and install the SPAWN on the rest. Because each time you install SC it needs a CD key. So unless you are going to find how many different CD keys you'll be playing with one.

Just copy the files from the folder. Not the CD. The CD won't do much good except auto play, which you won't need anyways.

The thing to think about is how to transfer files. If this method doesn't work try another one. Once you have the files onto the computers you want it should be pretty simple after that. Getting the no-CD crack should be harder.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
[Just copy the files from the folder. Not the CD. The CD won't do much good except auto play, which you won't need anyways.

The thing to think about is how to transfer files. If this method doesn't work try another one. Once you have the files onto the computers you want it should be pretty simple after that. Getting the no-CD crack should be harder.

This is what I do...it takes a bit longer (depending on how long it takes to find the no-cd cracl)

At home...
1) Copy whole SC directory (I would not include the editor, most maps, etc.)

2) Make an ISO of the SC BW and copy it (or Original, ure choice)

3) DL MagicDisk (MagicDisk over Alcohol or DAEMON because Alcohol and DAEMON require a restart, and that wipes the hard drive at most schools) and copy it.

At school...
1) If you're not allowed on the C drive make a shortcut to it.

2) Copy all the files on the hard drive.

3) Install MagicDisk

4) Mount ISO

5) Repeat for other computers

6) Play.

*Note that this takes longer, but if ure good at it, it shouldnt be a problem. I copied this crap onto 5 comps in about 12 minutes, and im not that fast...

**Copy onto a flash drive (1GB +)

***Hope this works

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
This is what I do...it takes a bit longer (depending on how long it takes to find the no-cd cracl)

At home...
1) Copy whole SC directory (I would not include the editor, most maps, etc.)

2) Make an ISO of the SC BW and copy it (or Original, ure choice)

3) DL MagicDisk (MagicDisk over Alcohol or DAEMON because Alcohol and DAEMON require a restart, and that wipes the hard drive at most schools) and copy it.

At school...
1) If you're not allowed on the C drive make a shortcut to it.

2) Copy all the files on the hard drive.

3) Install MagicDisk

4) Mount ISO

5) Repeat for other computers

6) Play.

*Note that this takes longer, but if ure good at it, it shouldnt be a problem. I copied this crap onto 5 comps in about 12 minutes, and im not that fast...

**Copy onto a flash drive (1GB +)

***Hope this works
I'd go with what dark has done. I had to do something close to that when I wanted to play SC at school back in the day.

Oh, and if the PCs at your school don't have CD drives, dude, you need to bitch at the teachers to update their PCs man! LOL

Shit dude, when I was in school, like ten years ago, the PCs had CD drives! The PCs at your school have got to be the oldest pieces of shit around. LOL