Can't Install D2: LoD

B

Baulders

I finally got around the c0000005 error (PM me if you need help) and now I am trying to get LoD to install on my computer. It was working fine awhile ago, then it all of a sudden just stopped working (the entire game) and that's why I had to get around the c0000005 error.

When I go to install LoD, everything works fine until after I enter in the CD Key, once entered and I click ok, it looks like it will install when it asks for the Diablo II Play Disc. I know it's not supposed to ask for that at all, but it does. Then about 1/3-1/2 of the way into installation it asks for it again. Even whe it's already in!

If anyone has dealt with this problem before and knows how to take care of it, it would be great if you could tell me how to.

Thanks. :D

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I finally got around the c0000005 error (PM me if you need help) and now I am trying to get LoD to install on my computer. It was working fine awhile ago, then it all of a sudden just stopped working (the entire game) and that's why I had to get around the c0000005 error.

When I go to install LoD, everything works fine until after I enter in the CD Key, once entered and I click ok, it looks like it will install when it asks for the Diablo II Play Disc. I know it's not supposed to ask for that at all, but it does. Then about 1/3-1/2 of the way into installation it asks for it again. Even whe it's already in!

If anyone has dealt with this problem before and knows how to take care of it, it would be great if you could tell me how to.

Thanks. :D
I'm pretty sure that installing LoD does require the play disk (or install disk). Your disk is probably scratched. With a soft towel or a shirt or something, wipe the disk from the center to the outside, or use an actual disk cleaner.

If the problem persists, I beleive that you can just copy the 4 main files off the internet and then use a loader to load without the disk.

B

Baulders

Think you could possibly link me to those files and the loader? If you could that would be awesome.

dark_ninja3088

Reaction score
it does require the original play disc because it has to copy over the .mpq files that are on the play disc so that you can play whats exclusively on the play disc (without it being in the disc drive) and the new content on the LOD disk.