• I dont Know

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay...XBox has few good games that aren't also PC, GC, and/or PS2...

Splinter Cell AND Ghost Recon = GC, PS2, and PC...so...no point there.

GC is an "E" system, not a "kiddie" system. "E" as in what it means, "E" = everyone, and that suites it perfectly.
I own and love Mario Sunshine. Also, has anyone else noticed that Nintendo started the Cell-Shading fad?
Also, if you want, you can get a GC with DVD player for the same price as the PS2...and still a whole lot cheaper then the XBox.
All systems have online games...so arguement is lost.
GC has more, a lot more, exclusive games. Benefit of being a 1st/3rd party company. It also gives Nintendo the most series associated with the system.
Also, MSG and MGS games are coming to the GC (and XBox I believe). If you want a list of games on the GC that I like or are great, I'm more than willing to provide the list.

What does PS2 have besides the DVD player that everyone is talking about? They have a lot of games...okay, of which, I think, 20-30 are on my "get when I get a PS2" list (and that doesn't include one of my least favorite games on the system, GTA). But, XBox has a lot fewer for me, so few I can't name them. I hated Halo (and Splinter Cell for that matter -- not going to ruin my collection buying that).

So, any questions class?

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I mean look at all the new games for ps2 resident evil: dead aim and the new tomb raider game no to mention games like DMC2 metal gear solid, and LOTR: return of the king will be out soon. Ps2 has w/e ur looking for online, 1player or multi.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
-Off Topic-
Xb should be the shorter term for Xbox

-On Topic-
Don't get any of them unless you want to play SCG. Stick with your computer. Or get a better one. Or upgrade yours.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The problem I have with PC games...lag and load... That's really about it. Besides that, PC has the largest selection...period. But, in order, I like these consoles:
GC
PS2
N64
SNES
NES
Genesis
Dreamcast
XBox
Saturn
PSx (reason: PS2 can play all those games, so...yeah...)

^As you can tell, only mother systems are listed. Now, if you include PC and handhelds...

GC & GBA SP
PC and PS2
Other Consoles and Virtual Boy (the limited games they had were good)
Atari and WonderSwan
Gameboy and PSx (reason: same as above)

In any case...it's based on level of like I have towards games that I own and/or have seen that look like I would like. Also, I don't neccessarily dislike what's lower on my list, I just don't like it as much... It's just how I, personally, rank them... Ya...noone should really care.

Ixon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
FF: Crystal Chronicles is coming out for GC. Splinter Cell is out for PS2. And Halo does rock. But overall, i would have to say the PS2 would be the wiser decision. Much more better options to do with it than any of the others.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Options? I'd love to hear this explanation.

PS2 has DVD player. Uh...so does GC if you know where to look...
PS2 has larger library. Okay? If you stack with PSx, it certainly does.
PS2 can go online. What planet have you been living on?
PS2 is HDTV compadible. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out on the GC.
Uh...PS2 has GTA and FF series! I hate GTA, and I'm getting a PS2 soon enough for the FF. Done yet?

Now...what options were you talking about again... If you can expand upon what I put...go right ahead, please.

Ixon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No, you hit most of them on the head, thats enough for me to take PS2 over GC any day. The PS2 has a built in DVD player, no need to look for it. The larger library is even without the PSX, but the PSX makes it all the better. It can go online, and Earth thank you. But what are they going online with? Socom and soon to be FFXI. Halo is the better online game right now but i think people will pick up FFXI when it hits the shelves. And all of that makes me take the PS2 over the GC. And i really like FF, so that could be a reason.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm sorry, but FFXI has gotten a lot of grave reviews, unlike the new online game coming to the GC from Sega. And, about the DVD player, I can go to Walmart or Best Buy and get a reg DVD player and the GC for less or about the same price as the PS2. But, FYI, I will be getting a PS2 (or the next gen) when I get a job and some real cash flow. I'd prolly get FF and other RPG first, then work on other things I like. But, first thing first, I have a lot of GC games yet to get on my list.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If I want an XBox, I can use my PC close to 100% of the time. Halo is on the PC, and Halo 2 has plans to port to it. Can you name a game that is XBox exclusive and not on PC? Oh, FYI, why would I get an XBox if it doesn't have that, at the very least? Especially when I can get the GC and a much higher quality DVD player for a lower price than the XBox? Especially when the GC has 10-25x more games on it that I want than the XBox does. Also, the GC has 3-10x more games that I want than the PS.

Also, I don't want any stupid fanboy reasons that you've been giving. I.E. the falsehood of "kiddie" and "I need blood and gore". Those are sad, to say the least, reasons. My personal preferance in games is a compelling story line. Oh, and before you say anything, I might get XBox sometime in the future. But I will only under these conditions:

1) XBox has less than 90% games ported to GC, PS, or PC.
2) I have a job that pays well enough.
3) I have all the GC, PS, and PC games I want already.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You may be right. It's better. It's cheaper generally. It's better established, and I don't have to put down $200 for the XBox. In the long run... I save money, and that could be the end-all, be-all for this discussion.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have an IBM: Thinkpad R31 with built in modem/lan/wireless and a multi-speed CD-WR (no DVD build in :( ). I do have a real DVD player anyway, so big whoop. But I want to play my platform-only games to, so I got GC and GBA (and the rest of the Nintendo system lineup--except VB and Pocket GB) for the largest selection of games I want.

bart

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.simpson.com
pc are good for doing work and going on the internet but the games twice as good on a xbox,gc or ps2 but xbox is the best