Can u still float a drone?

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
if so post how and can they float over cliffs and water and stuff?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah. i think you cant float a drone anymore in v1.10. Blizzard fixed the bug.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You CAN float drones... (Yes, the bastards found another way of doing it!

I don't rememeber it fully, but i think you build a hatchery where you wanna float, then quickly right click at the same place. This may be wrong, i don't know really...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What I know is when I tell him to build something, but give any other order, it'll say "Can't build there" and jump.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
guys check this pic out, look at the right side (drones floating from the sc beta) http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Comet/2481/pic25.jpg

neways back the point: yes you can float drones, block them into an area by surrounding them by other ground units, then put ur mouse in one spot without moving and go "b+h, click" 3 times in a row really fast, if it works your drone will float to the spot.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
errr link is no good but i remeber long ago that to float a drone u had to get like 100 minerals then tell 1 to build the gas building and when it jusy abouts to change. build a drone it would fail and float. ..........somehow

CerebralChain

Reaction score
Yes, that's the method Blizzard disabled, at the same time they gave birth to a new method. It's never going to be fixed.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
so enclose it in zerglings and then build 3 hatcheries really fast and it flies?

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
if you do i all right yes, sometimes you have to just keep making the hatcheries fo a while.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
there is another way of doing it, you block your unit in somewhere and you click repeadtly on the other side of the area until you see this weird jumbled up msg at the bottom of the screen. Then you hit "F" (that was the eta hotkey for flying) if you do it right your drone pops into the air, the game freezes, you have the time to take a sn once, and then it crashes.

EDIT: i would post the screenshot but its so jmbled up i can't remember where the drone was on the screen.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
There is a map called
"Float a drone Defense" and I loved it even though it was hard.

FOD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clanfodpage.cjb.net
i was trying to make a strat with floating drones in melee..... lol, it sounds funny, but if i could get it to work. it would of been awesome. you can float them over cliffs, but i don't think you can over water???

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
yea they can, and i'd love to play ladder game on dire strait map someday...well, i suck at zerg though. ;(

Hyarion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i remember when it was possible back before *cough cough* *wheeeeze* 1.10 then u could float the drone to any place on the map thus allowing Really early expansions.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man i still have no idea how the extractor thing works. it would be cool since patch 1.10 is kinda crappy