Can someone teach me how to micro

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Simple. When you attack with a squad of say, 10 Ghouls, set them to group number 4. If you do not know how to do this, simply select all the units you want to be in a group, press and hold CTRL, then press the number you want them to be as. Now, when you go into battle, keep alternating between your Hero Group, and you Ghoul Group, and whenever you see a Ghoul in the yellow and loosing health fast, get him outta there. And as soon as he's safe, send him back in. Keep doing this, and as oyu practice, the more you can micro with mass quantities of units, but then that'd be useless, and it'd be called macro, lol!

There ya go, a simple quick guid on Micro.

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You should look on Custom games for the map MICRO WARS.

TRUST me it will really teach you how to micro as it displayed just about every scenario and warcraft. It is a really fun map and has helped my micro skills a lot.

snowbong

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tpg.com.au
Thank you i will go and try out both i was just looking in custom games and i saw two micro maps, if i had known that they helped me micro i would ahve joined them but i ddint so...

Thanks Chibi for teaching me how to atleast do number a group that will help me out..

[glow=blue]-Snowbong[/glow]

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Play Counter-Strike, that really damn good helps.

Also, Tab switches between units in the current selscted group. F1/2/3 instantly gives you the needed hero.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Finger movement. 'cos you use the 1,2 and 3 keys a lot. There's quite a bit of movement esp. with the Tab key, an essential key for WC as well. Trust me, you'll end up using the keyboard more than the mouse eventually. The mouse will merely to be scrolling and selecting. Not spells or anything.

prodigy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you wanna be good, you gotta know each and every hot-key for the race you use.
you save much time like this, and get more for combat and creeping
true, TAB really is usefull : it switches ur unit type in a 'ctrl+#" group of unit
the BUILDING HOTKEYS !!!!
real important, the less time you pass in ur base trying to get ur buildings and units going, the best it is

peace

snowbong

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tpg.com.au
i do know the starting hotkeys i use for each race like for the Alter and farm.I do remember some of the hotkeys for most of the buildings but im still learning.. thnx

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SimonSims
what do u mean by micro? what do u do when u micro? i'm no noob but i dont get filled in on all the lastest techniques....lol
Micro meaning playing around with stuff. as in using hotkeys, and unit control and stuff. focas fire and stuff.

bloah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good link's really explain. Anyway Hotkeys are essential to winning since they give the upper hand in building faster and over combat movemt and stuff. Hotkeys [if you don't know them] are in the manual and are one letter highlighted in yellow when you tried to build or use the thing. Ex. Building a Orc burrow with a peon, press B then O. Makes things go quicker and is a skill you should have asap. Came easy for me since I played SC a lot and other RTS which have the same idea. Also I play CS and that helped to as said above.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hotkeys can speed up your game tremendously. unfortunately i don't use them as much as i like, mainly for spells, attackking, running, harassing, building. alot of my unit production is done manualy which isn't that good.

But I abuse the attack, move, stop, hold ground, hide, burrow, cannibalize etc.