Buying a CS server

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Might take a little longer than I expected.. Maybe next monday or so. My mom has not gotten off her lazy ass to get me a bank account. So next tuesday. I hope I can have paypal by then.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
I think its should be a mix of cal and custom maps and definately not an AMX server.

If my mom lets me, I'd be more then happy to chip in $10 a month. :) It may not seem like a lot but it helps.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well , few fun maps would be ok but PLEASE stick with default maps for most of the time or have a mapvote atleast.
as for the AMX, having it installed is like a duty but for the love of god don't have it displaying attackers, victims, X terrorists remaining, OMG X KNIFED Y, GRENADE KILL FROM A TO B, 30 seconds until explosion, 20 MINUTES REMAINING, these gay voices and gay display thingies, its just gay and useless and pissing everybody off. also, when you do a good frag and want to make it a movie, you have to hex-edit out all the amx shit before the screen is clear and not full of crap

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it gets annoying after like 3 months of playing on only thoose servers =/

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing I like about them, is it displays how much damage I did to them, to see if I screwed up or not.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thoose are good,but the headshot thing is annoying

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, that's in fact a good thing about the amxmod in-game BUT
the other craps not needed
useless for fragmovies unless edited out
but if you dont make fragmovies or dont mind your screen being all full with colorful text, then its no prob there with amx, its just a personal thing between me and amx

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Well Zaku... in about, a maximum of 6 months, I'm buying my own server.

My moms BF works at a huge dentists office, more than 30 employees, and they just revamped everything of their technology, so they bought a 15k server, and they're selling us their old one for half price, about 2k.

• 600 GIG
  • 2.4 GIG RAM
  • 4.2 GHZ processor

And I'd be happy to host you a free full-time server for BF. :)

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tweedle Sack
Well Zaku... in about, a maximum of 6 months, I'm buying my own server.

My moms BF works at a huge dentists office, more than 30 employees, and they just revamped everything of their technology, so they bought a 15k server, and they're selling us their old one for half price, about 2k.

• 600 GIG
  • 2.4 GIG RAM
  • 4.2 GHZ processor

And I'd be happy to host you a free full-time server for BF. :)
You have to have a good connection to back it up though. At least a T1 line.

I personaly like the AMX stuff. Kinda makes CS more fun. There are a lot of good custom maps that are higher quality then the normal ones.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by AxL
You have to have a good connection to back it up though. At least a T1 line.

I personaly like the AMX stuff. Kinda makes CS more fun. There are a lot of good custom maps that are higher quality then the normal ones.
I'm leaving it in my dads office at his work. ;)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Going to be hosting my WGT teams (SC) website, and channel bot on there 24/7. Along with MoH, and now a CS server. Yummy.