Member!
Reaction score
no i ment sc2 would be free, mmo games are all monthly feed

DeKota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If anyone's wondering if you can actually build your own house/building.. you can't. Maybe you will be able to buy a living area but it won't be cheap. Also, they may have guild houses as in EQ2, where you can stop by and visit others in your guild...but as for collecting gold and lumber.... no.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i believe how you start your character race class etc. will determing your starting point in the game and your living arrangemnet and as you advance and get money you will gain better living quarters

such as house to barracks to castle and so on not to mention inn's and falling asleep at bars lol

ClanGoH

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sakuhta
Lmao...SC2 is goanna be a strategy game. Therefore it's normal B.net play, no monthly fee. And WoW isn't on B.net man. New server.

-Sakuhta
OOhh... new server? Oh god, a server nicer than bnet... sweet!

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It won't be on a new server.

There will be a set of servers, in the order of dozens, and you create a character on one of these servers at a time. You can have multiple characters on multiple servers, but each character is based on it's server.

The reason for this is that the Blizzard servers will have to co-ordinate literaly thousands of people at any given time, on any given server. The server computers will be FUBAR. Many, many computers hooked together, actually. And each set of computers is responsible for one server.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan you can't design your guy down to the eyelash, I'm pretty sure all that is in it right now is head, face, hair, race, and skin colour, or something along those lines. They may add more but they have a long way to go =/ I think most customization will be in the ability to dye clothes and wear different clothes/armour.

About the houses I really doubt they will put it in. If they do it will be some crappy last minute addition that only allows housing for very few players and will be VERY expensive. I think guild halls will be in it though.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wow I jsut moved this from archives.

It was an expression used on battle.net website. Obviosuly WOW is not going to have a system to completely design you.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Xenoce
It won't be on a new server.

There will be a set of servers, in the order of dozens, and you create a character on one of these servers at a time. You can have multiple characters on multiple servers, but each character is based on it's server.

The reason for this is that the Blizzard servers will have to co-ordinate literaly thousands of people at any given time, on any given server. The server computers will be FUBAR. Many, many computers hooked together, actually. And each set of computers is responsible for one server.
Which means it's a new server. ^_^ Use common sense... also, FUBAR is a text editor for Blue Streak 3 servers. Some random tech slang you picked up from hearing your dad talk at work? *sigh*

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fubar=F*cked up beyond all recognition. That's how I learned it anyways. The phrase as mentioned has been around since longer then the text editor. It was around during WW2.

I was merely emphasizing the massive difference between the "servers" currently used for battle net and those that will be used for WoW.

Don't assume you can guess my age from my use of language. That's rather difficult online, else some 85% of the posters here would be nine.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Ah I see, I thought you were talking about FUBAR being used in the servers ;) But, for one, I seriously doubt it was used during WW2... and plus, there is no difference between the servers, do you know what a server is? It's a database that people can connect to to use its information. A server is a server. There's no differences.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
God.. Why do you guys reply to this thread ?? Its literaly 3 years old..
I was a KID when I started this thread now Im a TEEN..

(btw, im almost 15 now and I started this thread at 12 years old ) ...

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Because back then we didn't know much about it, and now we know more about it, and it's better to talk about it in a thread that includes your old views all those years ago.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is a difference. That's like saying, "There is no difference between computers. Do you know what a computer is? It's something that computes information."

Yet clearely there is a difference between my handheld calculator and my desktop. A major one. Just like the servers used for battle net versus the servers that will be used for WoW. I fail to see how defining what a server is sets all servers into indistinguishability.

Edit: As for FUBAR, I saw it in an old WW2-age Bugs Bunny style cartoon. I think. Don't quote me, but the memories of learning the acronym and seeing that cartoon are firmly linked, for whatever reason.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by FleshRipper[pd]
I know its an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game! Im just asking if you could probably collect gold and lumber to build up a house or other stuff
Originally posted by FleshRipper[pd]
Im not talking about a base! Im talking about a house! It sayed Something about building stuff In the W.O.W F.A.Q.

That's the funneist ****ing thing ever.