Building stuff in W.O.W

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
In World of Warcraft, do you think you can get a worker(peon,peasent) and start collecting gold and lumber (maybe even oil like in Warcraft II) and build stuff up?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
W.O.W is not a strategy game, so moneys on the, "no you cannot" answer rather than the "yes you can build buildings and produce units, even though the game isn't a strategy game like warcraft is"

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Until 3 days ago i didn't know what Everquest was. What do ya think of that? Everquest sounds kinda gay though and a p2p game isn't my style. I hope War 3 isn't the last free Bnet game and that SC2 will be free over the internet *sigh if it ever comes out.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
I know its an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game! Im just asking if you could probably collect gold and lumber to build up a house or other stuff

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by FleshRipper[pd]
I know its an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game! Im just asking if you could probably collect gold and lumber to build up a house or other stuff
Yah, Uh, u dont build stuff in RPGs ov any type. It doesn't work that way. Just imagine 2000 people per server all trying to build bases in one world... As if lag isn't a problem already

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
This is one of the questions asked in the Wow F.A.Q

What are cities like in World of Warcraft?

The cities in World of Warcraft are large, sprawling areas, each with their own distinctive architecture and style. Cities are where players go to train in their professions, shop for rare goods at local vendors, develop their trade skills, obtain new and exciting quests, buy and sell goods with other players, construct and maintain their personal dwellings, and sometimes, even participate in unique city adventures.

Im trying to know what this means exacly: construct and maintain their personal dwellings

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It means that clans can have theirwon realm and stuff to hang aronung in a be total jackasses.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The game is going to constantly change to make a better experience (and have ppl pay to play much more often) and clans can have their own land and stuff. also you design your hero in whatever way you want down to the last eyelash. They will have magic and skills, but not in the same style of diablo 2 just to let u know.

LiviruS

Member!
Reaction score
this is another F.A.Q thing!

Will there be player housing?

We would like to include player housing, but it is too early to determine whether doing so would be plausible.

Whell... it seems like u can build your own house in wow.:)

Lizard17

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pan
The game is going to constantly change to make a better experience (and have ppl pay to play much more often) and clans can have their own land and stuff. also you design your hero in whatever way you want down to the last eyelash. They will have magic and skills, but not in the same style of diablo 2 just to let u know.

I doubt you would be able to design your character down to the last eyelash. it would probally be like The sims for example where they let you choose certain kinds of faces, clothes, hairstyle, haircolor, ect.

scatjoe

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Until 3 days ago i didn't know what Everquest was. What do ya think of that? Everquest sounds kinda gay though and a p2p game isn't my style. I hope War 3 isn't the last free Bnet game and that SC2 will be free over the internet *sigh if it ever comes out.
it most likely wont be, because the whole genre of massively multiplayer online games you are going to have to pay for, so unless they make another mmo you shouldnt have to pay

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Lmao...SC2 is goanna be a strategy game. Therefore it's normal B.net play, no monthly fee. And WoW isn't on B.net man. New server.

-Sakuhta