Build Order for terran tank push

KaDoKa

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use terran a ton. I practice tank push but i dont have a specific build order. Can anyone give me a good build order for tank push. Also what is the best terran counter for mass wraith. I dont play money maps i play bgh and lt and stuff. whatever u can give me will help.
US East KeDoKa, LeGeNdArYsNiP
US West KaDoKa

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well build alot of turrets, NOT on one straight line tho. Scatter them near eah other at weird places if you can. Your enemy wont be able to take tthem out easily and will get confused if he tries to bring air into your base. Build them all over your base and not just at the sides. Also upgraded gols work like a charm against wraiths, since they dont do much damage to ground units, and they dont shoot very fast.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Any type of goilath build would own it. Don't forget turrets and comsat for detection.

Yumiko

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
goliath>wriath

emp them too and they lose all sheild
Wraiths don't have shields. I guess you mean EMP them to remove their energy so that they can't cloak?

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they mass wraith, you mass wraith

but if its a tvt u should already either beat him with early vults or tank on thier wall-in unless it entered mid game cause of 3 fac vult vs 3 fac vults, then that is where u mass wraith/tank because of banked gas

KaDoKa

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TY when i play tvt the people are really good and they wall then just repair til they get a tank to siege. I cant get air fast enough cause im tryin to tank push em so wat should i do to beat there wall when they just keep repairing?
Should i set up tanks outof there tanks range but so it could kill there scv??

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it is now considered stupid if u wall in TvT, if you don't wall your tank will be out FASTER then your oppoent, therefore use 3 scv + 1 tank (Seige) to take out the wall, don't let the tanks bother you, let the AI itself do to work, just repair the tanks with the scv, since its earyl 1 seige tank can't beat 1 siege tank with 3 scv healing. Walling terran result into a 70% lose most of the time in a TvT

C

CyanideX

Only time you should wall in tvt is if you go 2port. You really dont even need to then either.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cuteguy, why is walling in TvT considered bad? Personally, I do it and it prevents vultures, etc from getting in while I goliath drop on their base (if they don't have defenses).

But it leaves me vulnerable to tanks, maybe you can tell me how to use the tanks to harass/destroy the wall. I've seen one guy who built a bay close to my base, used it to extend the tanks vision, built turrets around his tanks. Destroyed my gas, because I didn't have enough tanks.

Now I'm thinking about going 1 fac, 1 port. Scout/harass with wraith, if he masses tanks, I build more ports. If he has more goliaths, more factories. My usual gol/tanks seem to fail against wraiths + tanks (+ turrets near tanks).