Brave New World

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't care if the names taken; it's not the title of the series. This is what most of my original series are based on.

<<From the Journal of Doctor Macron--Date Unknown>>
This is horrible! What was humanity thinking... Oh! Who knows anymore! It was so long ago...that horrid day! The first nuclear strike was launched, and the world went mad! But I have found the solution! I call it the zagrobe particle. It's my own creation. It should completely neutrilize any and all particles those..."nukes" have delivered onto this precious world! But...only GOD knows what damage we have done to ourselves. It is impossible to say what will humans will look like now. I have a theory that we are no longer the homo sapien sapiens we used to know. No! We are entering a new era now. I have a feeling that we may enter another era of war, however. Oh, this has been far to hard on us. Nobody is even sure how long we've been fighting this war. Nobody even remembers who launched the first attack.
<<End of Entry>>

<<From the Journal of Doctor Macron--Date: Suspectively 10 years before the end of the Great War>>
I have found evidence in this very base that may prove, at the very least, who the target of the original attack was. It may have been aimed at the...US. I see that the "MDS" system was activated just before this base was contaminated. But...none of the nuclear devices at this base...if there were any...were ever activated. I have a feeling that we are somewhere in the Carolinas...but I will be unable to tell until I get out of this...forsaken base!
<<End of Entry>>

<<From the Journal of Doctor Macron--Date: Suspectively 5 years before the end of the Great War>>
I have done it! I have found a method to distribute the zagrobe particles. The army men are calling it the Zagrobe Particle Cannon, but I don't care! I pray to GOD this doesn't end up the same way Einstein's discovery turned out... I made this as an instrument of peace! To end the war, however, I probably would do about anything. Only a few men ever leave this "safe" area, and that's only once every 50 years...to launch another nuclear device. We don't know where...but noone really cares. The only thing that is certian is that there seems to be a safeguarding device to ensure we don't "attack our own." Bah! This war will surely end! No war can continue forever...though this war shows evidence of perpetuating for more than 500 years!
<<End of Entry>>

That was written almost two thousand years ago by my oldest findable ancestor. But...evidence does show that he was probably correct. His Zagrobe Particle Cannon did eventually end that war, dubbed the "Great War". But peace didn't last long. Just five hundred years after that, people started hating the other races. We came out, noone even remembered what humans originally looked like. But...I can tell you now that I look like my ancestors. My ancestor did, too. But...we aren't like our human ancestors. We are no longer homo sapiens sapiens. We are homo sapien novus. And that's not all... Humans have split into three races. We have the homo sapien animalia and homo sapien mutus. The last one is kind of a catch all. We don't know how long the war was, or even when it started. What we do know is that is lasted a long time. We have even had to make a new calander year...there's not enough evidence (or research for that matter) to tell us what year it is. Plus...our planet's course was altered slightly by the massive explosions. But, we didn't loose enough, or gain..., to destroy our planet. But what is there now? And what about that war? There was another hero in that one.

<<From the Journal of Ambassador Cal`ike--Date Unkown>>
These...humans! How is it that we call ourselves "wise" in that ancient Greek when petty bickering breaks out when we have true races? I have heard of racism form before the Great War, but not to this extent! After the war, people didn't care about skin color! It no longer mattered! I have found that evidence, but I am one of few who know about it right now. Why? We don't want to upset an already unstable situation! There's a war! There may still be hope, however. I cannot disclose that here, not even in the private sactum of my journal. What I can say, however, is that the newest prospect is very promising. We may end this war after just 50 years. Amazing...that used to be the time between strikes in the Great War. But...that's still an eternity compared to later wars of the twentieth centure AD.
<<End of Entry>>

Cal`ike wasn't related to me, but I know who was. He ended the war...but at the cost of his life. I still don't know how such a petty excuse could start a war...but I live in much more peaceful times. The three races have much better realations; though...even after more than fifteen hundred years, there is still some...distrust. Perhaps it will take much longer to get over this "new" race seperation. I wonder, though...will the Great War be the, essential, end of war on Earth? We've started expanding across the Milky Way Galaxy. We've even made treaties with other planets. Other species have aided us. What will happen?

Ixon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
well, its interesting. racism eh? i give it 2 thumbs up, no suggestions really, looks good to me

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No ratings either? I was kinda hoping rating yours; you would rate mine. I've been doing that at times. "Two Thumbs Up" is a bit...limited for me, sorry. But I do thank you for the nice word.

Ixon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
lol, DragonAgnstEvil: just read some of mine and give ur opinion
see that???............................................................^that^
well, ill give you a rating sometime today then

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah...well, sorry for the misunderstanding. I kinda assume ratings go with opinions. That's how I write mine. Well, I'll be sure to check in later.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thats good bam. id give it a 10/10. you could take that further if you wanted but its an awsome story.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have, actually. Actually, that's a prolouge to a series originally written by me. You haven't seen it, so don't go looking for it. It's about a boy who's been selected as a Guardian. He's reading a history book about his ancestor in that, however.

What's strange, is that I have shifted focus from my "Creature-Human" team (C-H refers to homo sapien animali) to my Human Gaurdian. I might post some of that soon, but I'll change it's style to fit here better.

Thanks for the good word amrtin77.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
id like to read more of it sometime it seems cool.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I felt I should say this (if I can even write this properly here...). The main character's name is Taslon, but it's pronounced Taze`lawn. If you can't tell, that means emphasis is on the "Tas" part of it.

Fuzzy...what is this? Great...destruction... But what is this? I can...I can almost smell my sweat...my...blood! But...how?! Then he felt himself move. He felt himself accellerate. Faster...and faster until he felt he was moving faster than the light could follow him. Then, in a flash, it happened. He recognized this...reoccurance. He felt that flash of recognition and knew what was coming...and he awoke in a cold, dank sweat. He awoke in a start, throughing his covers off him. He looks at his clock. Only six-thirty...

Taslon: (getting up from his bed) It happened again...that same dream. What does it mean? And why...why can't I finish it?

He walks into his bathroom and looks into his mirror. The same face he was used to stared back at him. A teen of seventeen, his facial features had formed quite nicely. I guess I have those martial arts classes to thank. He'd think at times, and this was another of those morinings. He notices his black hair is matted by the sweat drenching his entire body. He looked over to his room agian and saw his bushido. His wooden sword has always been an excellent way to get frustration out, and this was beginning to feel like one of those days he'd need it. But, as he turns back to his mirror, he splashes some cold water on his face, refreshing himself.

It took him only half an hour to get completely ready. As he carries his school-bag into the kitchen for breakfast, his mother is already ready. This surprised Taslon as she usually didn't have breakfast ready until seven-thirty. This was early--even for her. But, as she always said, one must be ready when a teenage child is concerned. Taslon couldn't believe, however, that she was perfectly ready for the day.

Taslon: What are you doing up so early?
Mrs. Zagrobe: Getting breakfast ready, dear. Why?
Taslon: Oh? No reason.

She takes a quick glance at him, knowing what was coming. Why today? Came her mother's intuition and concern. He's still young. To think he'd have his father's spirit... Taslon's father had died long ago under...unusual circumstances. It was bad enough Taslon didn't know what his job was...but to lose him before his memory could recall... He didn't let himself think about that too often. He had friends...and school to keep him busy. And, as his thoughts turned to his friends, one begins to knock at the door.

Mrs. Zagrobe: Finish eating. I'll get the door.

Taslon quickly realizes who it is. After all, she was the only one who lived close to him. This friend was Marie. He couldn't think of a single childhood memory without her. She came over often for a ride to school. Afterall, why waste resources...? Though...that really didn't matter. Scientists had long since perfected completely renewable fuel and methods for reuse of what used to be "unreusable".

Marie: Taslon! I see you're still not ready.
Mrs. Zagrobe: (shushing her son before he can speak) He needs to eat his breakfast.

Maries voice was definetly calming Taslon's unstable emotions right now. This red-head could often be hot-natured, but she did balance Taslon out more often than not. Her saphire eyes, however, seemed to contrast her hair at times. But, as he finishes his morning meal, he quickly gets up and cleans up. He rushes to the bathroom for last-minute prerations, and he grabs his bag as he heads for the door.

Taslon: (to Marie and his mother still in the kitchen) We going?
Mrs. Zagrobe: Just getting my keys.
Marie: Don't be in such a rush!

She's one to talk...just a few minutes ago she came in and "rushed" me. Oh well, Taslon thought, we'll still be early.. They all got into Mrs. Zagrobe's car. It's fairly ordinary. It's a 1725 NE model. It's a nice shade of silvery-blue. Cars have long since given up wheels for the much more efficient electo-magnetic lifts. The car, however, could practically drive itself. Though...Taslon was still a year off from getting his license to drive.

But that was just the beggining of my day. I had no idea what was coming. I don't think I would have left the house if I did know... But I started the day in a dream. A dream that would prove to be far too realistic for my liking. I am Macritone Taslon Zagrobe, and I thought I was just an ordinary school-boy with an few extraordinary ancestors. Like the saying goes: Leave it to a Zagrobe.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like it. i take it what i just read is from a different point of veiw that the origional post? i know the first post was from someone after the war, but im not sure if the second post is after, during, or before.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, Taslon is the person who was reading those journal entries. He is the decendent of Dr. Macron. The NE is supposed to represent that. It's about 1,725 years after the Great War (at least that's the car model year). It's actually around 1732 NE. I guess I should say that NE stands for New Era. This does take place on Earth, too. (if you can't tell by species name and such)

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ooo i get it now :D i like it more now that i understand it.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The road to school was normal enough. It only takes a few minutes; then again, it is only about 50 miles from the outskirts, where my small community, is to the school in near the mid-town. Marie brought up the usual subject...school. She had a few problems with our math assignment, but that's usual. I guess we're fortunate that we share all the same classes.

At school, Taslon is entering his access code to his locker. All the lockers look pretty much the same. They all have a console access pad on the front. Taslon's locker says:
<<Macritone Taslon Zagrobe
Pittsarough, Pennsylvania, USA
Please Enter Acess Code: _ _ _ _ _>>
There are several unfamiliar (to the audience) letters/symbols along with recognizable letters/symbols. It looks like there could be trillions of combinations possible. Taslon enters his (and no, I'm not telling you). His locker opens, and he pulls some stuff out oh his bookbag, looking somewhat concerned.

Marie: *hurrying out of a room* Taslon! You forgot your book.
Taslon: *taking the book* Thanks. I can't believe I forgot this...
Marie: It's not like you. What's wrong?
Taslon: *PAUSE, for a moment* I...don't know.
Marie: Don't know? Or won't tell me?
Taslon: *putting his book in his locker and pulling out another* It's nothing.
Marie: Okay... Anyway! I'll see you in a few!

Marie runs off to her next class (their next class...) while Taslon watches her down the hall. Why can't I get this odd feeling off my chest? Why do I feel like...someone's watching me? Taslon shakes his head and walks in the same direction Marie just went. The bell rings as he enters a room.

*********​

April: Where are they?!
John: Don't worry, they're in line.
April: How's it take that long to get lunch?
Marie: *walking up with Taslon* Hi-eye!
Taslon: Hi, all.

April often shows her upbringing. She's a military brat, and it oft shows with her discipline and general attitude. She has black hair that kinda melds into her chosen style (almost camo, but too dark to tell). Her eyes are as mild as her hair, hazel. John, on the other hand, is definetly a sportsman. He's on the football team, wearing his letter jacket (yes...they still have them). He look like what could be called an arian.

John: What took so long?
April: Definetly. The wait shouldn't have been that long.
Marie: Oh, you know. Someone had to have special order.
Taslon: Marie was almost ready to scream.
Marie: *"punching" Taslon, he does a pretend "ouch"* No I wasn't!

Normal enough for half a day, right? Well, it wasn't getting wierd yet. Lunch was normal, however. John and April wanted to check up on history, they were studying the Great War. Marie and I were a little ahead of them though; we are on the Human Wars at around 550 NE(to be explained later). But it is nowhere near the end of the day. It will prove to be "one of those days..."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I looked forward to the last class of the day. Dan and Christy join Marie and myself in our literature class. We oft have interesting assignments in the class. And this long weekend is no different. Our teacher decided to give us a three-page writting assignment. We're supposed to write an original short-story. Should be interesting... But I have no ideas...

Marie: Taslon? Taslon?!
Taslon: Yes?!
Marie: Were you listening to a word we were saying?
Dan: Oh, you know Taslon. He'll slip into his own world everyonce in a while.
Christy: Um? Uh...
Marie: *patting Christy on the back -- heartily* Come on! Speak your mind!

Quite a personality clash there that seems to work. Marie tends to be brash and outgoing, but Christy is very shy... and mild. She wears glasses, true, but Dan does as well. Christy has a very hazel-colored, curly hair-type. Dan has an odd hazel-black color, short and straight hair-type. They're both about average build, a bit smaller than John and April.

Christy: I think I'll write something rythmic.

She kind of trails off and quites at the end there, but that's to be expected. Marie brightens up almost immediately, excited to learn what Christy will write, but she's not finished yet.

Marie: Dan said he's going to write about...what is her name agian?
Dan: Her name if Firestor! Why can't you remember it?
Marie: Can I help it if the story doesn't make much sense. How does a princess end up as a police officer?
Dan: You'll just have to read the story.
Marie: Come on!
Dan: Save me, Taslon!
Taslon: How?
Marie: Oh! What will you write about?!
Taslon: I don't know.

Luckily, I'm saved by the last "inspirational" words from our teacher. He says a few things about not copying ideas from our comic books or TV shows. A few quite giggles confirm it may be necessary to prove he means it. The bell rings a mear five seconds after he is done lecturing us, and we all take off. Dan, Christy, John, and April all take off in their own rides, and my mom picks Marie and I up to take us to our practice at the dojo.

I don't really like the land were the dojo is. It is completely desolate; the land unable to support plant-life anymore. There is one tree at the center of the dojo, to represent the triumph of life over desperate situations. It is the first sign of replenishment that this large, ten-acre estate has seen for more than two-thousand years.

A few hours pass, and Mrs. Zagrobe arrives at the end of the dojo lesson session. As Taslon and Marie walk out, she can tell that they are talking to eachother. She smiles as she remembers all the events that have occured since even before he was born.

Mrs. Zagrobe: Why? Why does it have to be so close?

Taslon and Marie get in the back. They put thier stuff down and continue to talk. It's nothing but small talk about the days events, school's lessons, and dojo practice. Taslon has been appointed to represent the dojo in the Pennsylvanian Martial Arts' Convention held once a year. Marie has been chosen to represent the female division.

I'm just an average boy, right? That's what I thought. My mom got me into martial arts for a reason, and she didn't much like it. I had no idea... But you can bet I was about to find out. What's going to happen? Allow my story to unfold a bit longer. This is just the Friday at the beginning of the long weekend.