Blood of The Father

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
To die in battle, hmmmm, what a death that would be Golphweight thought to himself as he slowwly strolled through the crowd to find the door. But hwhat is death exactly. I am sure many a great mind has engaged in this thought before. Esspecially when death is seemingly around the corner.

Now walking outside Golphweight looked up to the heavens and gazed upon the stars. Gently he heard footsteps approaching him.

Stranger: Give me your money.

"Excuse me sir? Hwhat persumption do you have to inquire a money exchange thinking I won't be forced to defend myself. But in honesty it would be for your benifit that you walk away." Golphweight slams his cane into the soil as he tilts his head to look at the stranger. Under his cape-like robe he firmly grasps his sword. "Sir, you should heed my warning, or I shall make beautiful," quick laughter "music with your cadaver." Golphweight puts his free hand on the orb which is the top of his cane.

Without saying anything the stranger lunges at Golphweight. With a solid motion Golphweight removes his cloak throwwing it into the sight of the running bandit. As the bandit moves out of the way he can hear the unsheating of a blade and can see the man standing infront of him swinging a cane downward striking him in the face.

Staggering back the man falls to one knee holding his face. Looking up he sees a cane stuck in the ground with a hat resting on it. From behind the footfalls grow loud. Still kneeling he feels a sharp sting in his side, looking down he can see a smooth peice of steel coated with blood sticking from his stomach.

"I've longed for the chance to experience life. Thank you sir." With that Golphweight places a leather shoe on the bandits back and kicks off doing a back flip. While in mid-air he sheaths his blade and lands on his feet.

Walking to his coat he mumbles to himself in anger as he dusts off his small cloak. Resting it on his shoulders he goes to his cane and fits the hat atop his head and begins his walk to the Inn, slowwly using the cane for stability

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Eloanneo stood watching the graceful fight, leaning against the doorway. She hadn't exactly apprieciated the overly-affectionate welcome. She would have preffered to be treated as an equal warrior, but for now, she had forgotten all that, watching the man easily dispatch the bandit.

She nodded in approval, observing carefuly the quick, fluid motions in which he handled his sword. As far as she could tell, even by first impressions, all of the warriors were able. She did not have anything to think about; after all, she disliked canines, had nowhere to go and ached for a good fight. It could have been the start of a great adventure. She straightened her back and heading towards the Inn, she picked up her pace.

Passing by Golphweight, she turned and spoke, and the tone tone of her voice gave away that she was indeed impressed.

"You're not bad at all. Nice flips," she added, tossing her hair and heading on into the Inn.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As Kitty approached the Queen's Blessing, a man was thrown out of the window, and hit the ground hard. Vox leapt out of the hole in the window, weilding his massive blade as if it were nothing. He slammed the blade into the ground and dragged it while running towards the man and stopped short of the man's face.

"Now, who sent you!?" Vox said with a slight venom in his voice, he seemed completely different than before. He was cruel, almost sinister. The man trembled in fear and backed off a few shuffles. "Th-The Demon Lord. DONT KILL ME!" He said, shaking violently. Vox's eyes showed no remorse and he lobbed off the man's head. Two big brutes came out of the Inn, drawing their swords.

"What the hell did you do!?" One spoke and Vox's cold, unfeeling blue eyes stared at them. They both attacked him at once and Vox brought up his blade to deflect one. The other came up from behind and Vox thrusted his blade's pommel backwards, the hammer hitting the man square in the chest. He used the momentum to quickly trip the other then smashed the hammer pommel into the man's head, knocking him out.

He looked up from the two unconscious guards at Kitty, his fury not quite quelled and he was about to lunge at her when he regained himself and backed off.

"Sorry about that." Vox said quickly "I thought you were out to get me too."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
V'kleta watched, crouched, from his vantage point on the roof of the Queen's Blessing, as Golphweight dealt with his attacker, and as Vox unleashed his fury on the man below. Kir'halla's eyes shone brightly at the carnage, particularly during the beheading. The voice in V'kleta's mind hummed with glee as the souls of the robber and the Demon Lord's minion drifted out of their bodies, and the demon scythe greedily sucked them unto itself and devoured them.

V'kleta's eyes narrowed as he spied another figure approaching the team. The glint of steel as the would-be assassin unsheathed his dagger was all V'kleta needed. He launched off of the building, easily covering the eighty feet into the alleyway without even opening his wings. He landed expertly in front of the man, his back to the assassin. "Going somewhere?"

Without looking, V'kleta flashed his leg back, clamping his toe claws onto the man's chest, and dragged him underneath himself, spinning him about until the stalker was flat on his back beneath V'kleta's foot. He leaned forward to see the fear in the man's eyes, before the skeletal shaft of Kir'halla contorted like a wounded serpent, and the blade was embedded in the man's chest where it greedily sucked out the man's blood and soul. V'kleta watched silently, expressionless, as the light in the eyes of his victim died.

The scythe sated for now, V'kleta stood up, and in a motion similar to wiping his feet tossed the body into a pile of refuse against a nearby wall of the alley. Walking out of the alley, back into view of the others, V'kleta stopped at the stares of the others. Following their line of sight, he looked down at his armor, splattered in the spurts of blood from the scythe's initial impact in the man's chest. His head snapped back up to meet the eyes of his "comrades," and the blood on his armor caught fire and evaporated.

He stalked by them and into the inn. "Don't ask."

Kitty

Reaction score
Upon seeing Vox's quick movement, Eloanneo tensed up and backed away. A clawed hand flew to the intricate hilt of her sword. She regarded him coolly, her emerald eyes two jewels flashing in the darkness.

"Sorry about that." Vox said quickly "I thought you were out to get me too."

Her hand fell away to her side. Amused, she let out a quiet sound, something between a soft laugh and a cat's purr.

"Out to get you? Only if you keep doing that," she grinned, shrugging. "I don't blame you. Is it just me or is criminal activity unusually high around here?"

She rubbed her nose gently with the back of her hand. Too much blood was making her sensitive nose tingle. She turned and sniffed at the air, catching the metallic scent again, but this time, belonging to someone else other than the few criminals already lying in the street. The scent wafted to her from a nearby alleyway. Sure enough, a split moment later, V'kleta emerged into view.

She was not surprised to see his armour spattered with blood, although she couldn't suppress her shock when the blood evaporated.

He stalked by them and into the inn. "Don't ask."

Show-offs, she thought. But then again, as long as they’ve got confidence, that should be a good thing.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
((I like the style.))

Cane to ground, foot by foot Golphweight walked gently in small wavering strides thinking to himself about his long sought after goal. Slowwly carressing the handle of his used blade he loses himself in thought and pace. Standing there while blood is being shed by his companions he looks up to the stars. What is life, if not to be ended? Have I lived mine? Longing for the furtherment of my own knowledge and never for the other link to my chain?

Looking to the INN he can see his fellow warriors entering the Inn. Beginning his start to go in he stops in his tracks to look up once more and sees a beautiful lady in a candlelit window frame starring at those same stars he just was moments ago.

Unaware she is being watched Golphweight stands below her line of vision and brings his left hand half a foot from his face...

"Lady, thy beauty is to me
Like those Nicean barks of yore
That gently, o'er a perfumed sea,
The weary, way-worn wanderer bore
To his own native shore."

A small poem He had been working on came to mind. For he has recited this part many a time in his mind. Parts of his longing for love torn by the longing for life's human experience of battle. But what is Life's Experience without love? Alas not, enough life experience has been made to finish his poem, too much time in the books he has thought.

Golphweight tips his hat with a smile and enters the inn to rest for his long awaited journey.

((Please don't go bringing symantics about the poems date, author, and placement into this. It is essential for Golphwieght to recite Poe.))

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Vox smiled at the cat-girl's comment, and remembered the days he would go hunting with a cat-man like her named Thissa. Thissa was an expert archer and had fought many a battle at Vox's side in his early teenage years after the massacre of his caravan. Thissa had unfortunatly been murdered by an unexpected attack of werewolves, further increasing Vox's hate for them. Nephilm (nef-il-um), they were called in Vox's native tongue, directly translating to Cat-Man. She would be a great asset to the hunt, with keen eyes and hearing. He saw the human Golphweight reciting poetry to her and smiled weakly. It reminded him of Lily, his wife from ages past. She always loved to hear poetry and wrote some good ones herself that were probably in the history books.

Unfortunatly, the Third War of the Races occured.

Vox remembered that day vividly. The sky and land painted red with blood, black clouds and the dead and dying all around him. He fought alongside the other Warriors and some fell in battle like Kate, the Razor Warrior and Rhianna the Rose Warrior. He had lost many friends in that battle and was forced to sacrifise himself to stop an oncomming meteor that would have blown the world to pieces. Tears filled his eyes as he remembered throwing his arms up to the air and standing motionless for one hour, summoning up his most powerful Magitto attack, and thrusting it into the meteor, then a great light then blackness.

The group was looking at him and he regained himself and quickly slipped into the shadows, cursing under his breath. Why did it have to end like that? To leave his wife and child behind? He felt so foolish.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Upon entry of the inn, V'kleta turned to the others. "Do not fear for yourselves as you sleep. I will keep guard. I...will not need rest."

He cut off the confused responses with a dismissive wave of his hand. They need not know the nature of his revitalization. Yes, sleep would be necessary...had he not slain tonight. The soul energy ingested by Kir'halla would keep him fresh for many hours. A wonderful perk of having one's soul enslaved to a soul-devouring entity, and a lethal asset in the battlefield. But for now, questions should be avoided.

"I rested well before I came."

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
(( Im gonna change my style here... for actions I'll use my normal *action paragraph whathave you* for non speaking comments. Its habit and I end up putting them there anyway. Helps me get in the zone))

*Walking slowwly up to V'Kleta as he keeps a trained eye open for would be attackers, Golphweight tries to get an overall depiction of this demon man.*

"Why good sir, you surely need relaxation if not rest. Why is it a demon like you has come on this mission for the purpose of slaying demons?"

*As he asks his question he removes an already packed pipe full of the West's finest of herbal refreshments. Noticing he hasn't yet answered his question he speaks once more.*

"Ah, the imagination of the world, grown from its soil and unto these roots."

*With a quick flash of a match he inhales gently. Golphweight breaths deep and notices V'Kleta's unwavering vigilance for the saftey of his crew.*

"In all respect I believe my life's journey is to experience man's experience. To shed blood in battle, to read the words of wise men, to create my own words of wisdom that will possibly *Raises his right leg and places it on a barrel and rests his elbow on his knee, pipe smoke diluting infront of his face in the wind* go through the ages being told and retold."

*Taking a longer and deeper ventilation of smoke from his pipe he gazes at V'Kleta and extends his hand to him offering him his pipe.*

"So... What brings you to this next chapter, as it were, of life for the 4 of us?"

((I didn;t make you speak cause I figured they were some deep character questions. and pssssst *leans in for a whisper* The pipes got weed in it :D))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
V'kleta snorted at the man's offerance. The ways of men are such follies. How did this pathetic wretch manage to survive to this age? Sighing, V'kleta turned to Golphweight.

"Listen," he began, his voice dripping with scorn. "First of all, I am not a demon. I have demonic blood in me, but it comes only from my father. I once despised him with all my soul, but he is now no longer of consequence. My bloodline contains roughly equal parts of dragon, man, demon, and dark elf. Beyond that is none of your business. I only insist that you do not make uneducated assumptions as to my heritage. For all intents and purposes, I am a Draconian. Refer to me as anything else and I will be happy to educate you personally on the difference. Now..."

He paused, inhaling deeply to calm himself and avoid doing anything rash.

"My motivations as to this undertaking are my own business, and mine alone. Persist in your foolish interogation at your own peril. Now begone. Humans require rest, and by the looks of you, you'll need much."

Turning from Golphweight, V'kleta glowered and clenched his teeth. If that insipid Frail was not smart enough to leave things be, it'd soon be lacking its soul.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Vox walked up to V'klea and sighed. "Human giving you trouble?" He inquired, then saw the Draconian nod and mutter a response. "I'm no exception, though I am half human. Still...had you been full demon you wouldn't have been with us and would have been without limb or head." He smiled dangerously then chuckled. "I wouldn't do that to you, friend. Just keep an eye on the human for now, He's up to something by the sound of it." Vox sighed and stared out of the window. "No sleep for me, if I sleep, I dream of memories that chill me to the core."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
V'kleta smirked wryly. Half-breed thinks it could kill me. Let it try. It would soon realize the error of its ways. Legions have attempted to kill me...and their souls have all fed my blade. This thing will be no different, should it attempt anything.

"I think, Sir Eladrin, that should our blades cross, one of us indeed shall become in want of limb or head. Let there be hope that such an event never needs to arise."

Upon completing this statement, V'kleta, having determined that he was not needed if Vox was to stand guard, stalked out into the street for the night. The upcoming battles were sure to be at least mildly taxing, and it didn't hurt to feed Kir'halla some souls to stockpile for trying times. He'd be back in the morning.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
*Laying awake in bed Golphweight looks to the ceiling. Thinking of V'Kleta's arrogance of power to himself.*

Poor creature. He lives to destroy life and feed off it. Truely, a creature who is indeed intact with his baser instincts.

*Now sitting up in his bed he grabs for his sword and studies the drying blood from his vaquished would be attacker. Carressing its blade he closes his eyes and revisits the Grand Orchestra of european genius'*

((Vox... lets get this rp rolling. Enough of ze small talk.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
In the alleys of the city, V'kleta stalks his prey: a bottomfeeding bandit, creeping up on a pair of moonlit lovers out for a walk in the park. As the bandit passes a dark tree, V'kleta's tail drops out of the foliage and impales the man through the throat, stifling his cry. The man disappears into the branches, and a splash of blood falls into the grass, black in the moonlight. The man's soul strengthens V'kleta, and he closes his eyes, his memories slowly fading in.

The completion of the quest to locate the 10 elemental weapons in order to seal off the evil of his father, Beliar.

The dark form of Beliar stepping out to claim the divine weapon forged by the 10 elementals.

The fusion of the two creatures as both clutched the shining scythe.

The corruption of J'kar's soul as the true form of Kir'halla revealed itself.

The mindless rampage that covered an entire empire in blood.

The slaying of his own true love, and the final binding of his soul to the demon blade.

The endless thirst for souls, and power.

V'kleta's eyes slammed open, and he shook with rage. He exploded out of the tree onto the pair of lovers whom he had just saved. Seconds later, their souls drifted up from their mangled corpses, entwined one last time, and were sucked into the blade of Kir'halla. The scythe's many eyes twinkled with delight. V'kleta fell to his knees in the moonlit park and let loose with a cry of despair that shook the souls of every person in the town.

He rose to his feet after a few moments that seemed an eternity. Anguish was wiped away, replaced by a burning need. All that was left was to harvest souls and feed Kir'halla.

He leaped up into the sky to seek refuge for the night. Tomorrow, he would join the others in their journey. It was all he had. This quest...was his salvation.

((sorry, had to paint the picture of his tragic character...and perhaps clear up his origins for those who knew him from The Purging of the Realms...namely Kitty.))

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Vox heard a cry of anguish from outside and ran to it's source. He saw two mangled bodies on the ground and frowned. He had been too late. His senses were getting as old as he was, and weren't that attuned anymore. If it had been demons, I would have sensed them...but... Vox bit his lip and buried the two bodies in a park nearby and marked the graves. He said a quiet prayer in his native tongue and then walked back to the Blessing then stood more wary at the door than before.

Kitty

Reaction score
Eloanneo turned on her side, woken from her restless slumber by the silvery moonlight streaming in through the window of her room.

She rose rose from her bed, clutching her blanket around her shoulders. She rested the palm of her free hand on the windowpane, letting the cool sensation sooth her anxiety.

The air was thick with an ominous presence; she could almost smell it. It was something like sorrow and malice, and she could imagine those emotions, relentlessly clutching somebody's heart. She almost shivered, but shook it off. Someone else's heartbreak was none of her concern. She crawled back into her bed, soon sinking into a dreamless sleep.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The next morning, Vox roused everyone at dawn. He seemed to look so tired from lack of sleep, the way he stood and the way his eyes drooped. He urged everyone to gear up and get moving. It was hunting time.

"My friends, we have to collect the debt that the Demons owe us. They have killed some of us' friends and families, they've pillaged and plundered, raped and murdered countless innocents. It's time to strike back at them, destroying them utterly if I had my way, but that is impossible to kill every last one of them. We need to deal a critical blow to Wolffang's Army." He said, not sounding nearly as tired as he looked. His lips twisted into an almost insane grin. "Let's get to it, shall we?" He said as he shouldered his sword, Ilya (I misspelled it earlier, how do I misspell my own word? >.<) on his back, the massive blade seemed to grow a scabbard that fused into his back and the blade that was almost as tall as he was shrank to a molecule size, out of sight.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
"Interesting trick." V'kleta walked in. His appearance was somewhat haggard, but he seemed to lack no energy. In fact, his very presence seemed to exude power. Odd...

"Mine works, too." V'kleta held up his scythe, and its shaft contorted, wrapping around his torso and resting its blade across his back between his wings. Folding his arms, he waited for Vox to take the lead.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"Interesting Trick" V'klea said, appearing from the shadows of the still young dawn.

Vox smirked "A little something I added in when I forged this blade. I have no clue where my old blade, Wolfsbane, is. I'm guessing somewhere on display at the site of the War, or just as rotten as my family. Alas, Wolfsbane will not howl anymore either way. It has left the hand of it's master, and is useless now. Ilya will carry on the fight, though it lacks the power that Wolfsbane had and it's much larger so I had to accomedate for that."

Vox waited for everyone to appear from their rooms in the Blessing impatiently. He started to pace despite his body's protest, demanding sleep. He ignored the feeling of tiredness pulling at him, keeping his mind set on Ilya meeting demon flesh.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
*Golphweight watched the soldiers dazzle each other in small competition.*

"Gentlemen! Must you two brutes always bring your lust for killing into such a mainstream open show display of your powers?" *While saying this He slowly unsheaths, then resheaths his sword several times.*

"So please, please." *Smiles a gently smile.* "Let us make haste as soon as the feline joins our company. Until then. " *Golphweight tips hat and walks around aimlessly*