Blizzard will not be making a D3...

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But, the creators of Diablo 1 & 2 have made their own company, some gay name, that which escapes me at the moment, and they have begun work on D3. If you don't believe me, check the last 3 months of GamePro magazines. It's in there somewhere. :butterfly

Althrain

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you talking about the company called NCSoft. they didnt make the game they made the battle net realms and such.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Flaghomo's don't have the rights to the Diablo franchise yet, so they technically can't start work on it,

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, Flagship Studios is the company in question. From their site:

Flagship Studios has been formed by David Brevik, Max Schaefer, Erich Schaefer, Bill Roper, and Kenneth Williams to create quality computer games. Joining them as additional co-founders are David Glenn, Peter Hu, Philip Shenk, and Tyler Thompson. The entire founding team was previously employed at Blizzard Entertainment®, where they were instrumental in the success of the best-selling Diablo® series of computer games.
Known for their individual work on some of the best-selling computer games of all time, including the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo series, this core team of experienced artists, programmers, designers and producers have worked together for close to a decade. Notably, they created and played key roles in developing the wildly successful Diablo franchise that has sold in excess of 13 million units worldwide.
They are working on a first game which is rumored to be 'Diablo-Ish". The general belief is that they are making a game that is Diablo III in spirit, if not in name, since Blizzard has dropped the ball on making a second sequel.

craun

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TooL4006
umm there will be no d3 so stfu u queers
Talk for yourself buddy. If we want a D3, bliz or NCSoft or whoever will listen. They will make what gets them money. If half the world wanted a game based on a cartoon show, some one would make it (i.e. Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh etc.). Money hungry game makers will sell to game hungry people. Very simple. Less cursing to plz.

And we can dreem cant we? Yes i do believe we can. Now you are entitled to your opinion so im not trying to flame you and what not but if you believe there will be no D3 then i hope that goes well for you.

DrizztPie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There wont be a d3!!!!!!!!1

Duh...Blizzard is working on StarCraft:Ghost, WoW they won't even consider Diablo 3 for a while, whats it gonna be called anyways?
Diablo III : Lord Of Terror?
It would be a dumb name, and with like baal is still alive or something and you gotta kill tyreal the betrayer and crap like that
Screw it
Diablo III = Never Going TO Exist!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by TooL4006
umm there will be no d3 so stfu u queers
First, your not a tleepath. You can;t simply perdict this out of your peanut shaped brain. You need to actually think about what you say before you say it, or rather, post rubbish like this on a message board that frankly doesn't care about you or anything you say.

Secnondly, calling everyone queers is childish. Until you:

A. Learn to type.
B. Make a good point.
C. Stop being a idiot.

I wont consider anything you say to come from an actual human being. This is also flaming outside The Asylum buddy. I hope someone warns you. :D

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
He's banned anyway....

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I heard Diablo 3 is not even coming out, makin this forum pointless?

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Those 3 people that left blizzard and amde there own company. Well they are making something rumored to be sorta like diablo; only nothing like it. Its a free-play MMORPG called Guild Wars heres the official site but there was also something more on it somewhere. Ill edit this once I find it.

EDIT: Found it. View it here

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i hope diablo3 never comes out...... cuz diablo fux ppl's life

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
i hope diablo3 never comes out...... cuz diablo fux ppl's life
All too true. I'll be the first to admit that:(

Oh and, Guild Wars will probably be the closest to a D3 we will get in a while.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
GuildWars: Looks more like a combat oriented MMORPG than a Diablo type game, to me. No set isometric perspective, instanced quests, etc. It's being done by NCSoft, and will probably play a lot like City of Heroes I would think.

The more recent company to be founded by the Blizzard employess who left more recently is www.flagshipstudios.com. They are rumored to be making a game that is much more Diablo-ish.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by Darkmatter
First, your not a tleepath. You can;t simply perdict this out of your peanut shaped brain. You need to actually think about what you say before you say it, or rather, post rubbish like this on a message board that frankly doesn't care about you or anything you say.

Secnondly, calling everyone queers is childish. Until you:

A. Learn to type.
B. Make a good point.
C. Stop being a idiot.

I wont consider anything you say to come from an actual human being. This is also flaming outside The Asylum buddy. I hope someone warns you. :D
Get em tiger :p

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordOfMars
GuildWars: Looks more like a combat oriented MMORPG than a Diablo type game, to me. No set isometric perspective, instanced quests, etc. It's being done by NCSoft, and will probably play a lot like City of Heroes I would think.
Whos to say something like a D3 coulden't be an MMORPG? You realize blizzard/north have all the legal bullshit behind the Diablo Sieries, so these 3 people cant make a Carbon Copy of it. You also have to realize it might be the closest anyone will see for a while...

Personally I'm highly thinking about buying ti rather than WoW. It seems more Lower-Class Freindly if you catch my meaning
;)