Blizzard sells Diablo 3 rights to Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
CNN reports:
In a stunning change in pace in the entertainment industry, Disney and Blizzard (creator of the Diablo series of video games) cut a deal last Friday that will allow Disney to cash in on Diablo's success. It was announced Friday afternoon, that Disney and Blizzard had negotiated the sale of the rights to make a third Diablo game to Disney for 1.2 million dollars.

A representative for Disney commented: "We're very excited about the Diablo project over here. A couple of our staff started playing Diablo 2 one day, and they just couldn't stop. The game's so well supported with a great story line and everything...we just KNEW that we had to be the ones to make a sequel!" Disney plans to release ideas for the long awaited Diablo 3 in several weeks, but a source who wishes to remain anonymous was heard to comment that it will probably be consistent with the Disney tradition of good quality family entertainment. "You have to admit that some of the stuff in there is pretty gory," he stated. "I certainly wouldn't want my child playing something like that." He continued to state that their design team was working on creating a more cartoony feel for the game. The third game will most likely get rid of the "awful demonic look" and go for something "maybe brighter, with more emphasis on nature and animals". When asked if the rumors were true that Bambi would be making a cameo in the game the only response was "No comment."

For now, eager Diablo fans will just have to wait to see how this stunning merger plays out. In the mean time, they'll at least be able to look forward to the "many happy, fulfilling quests" that Disney has promised.
So what do you guys think?! I think it sounds pretty damn stupid. "Happy fulfilling quests"? Diablo's supposed to be about the devil, not about "Bambi"! Post your comments here.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
It's still supposedly gory and demonic with a load of blood.

To compensate for it, Disney'll probably cut out the gory stuffs and make the whole thing abridged, like the so-called 'fairy tales'.

- Amantis

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Nah, I might be able to dig up the article. Lemme look for it...

Amantis: It DOES sound like they're planning to make the whole game "K" rated or something. I'm wondering who that's going to affect the game. It sounds pretty stupid.

LiviruS

Member!
Reaction score
? thats a lie! couse blizzard havent leaked anything yet about diablo3 thay have just said! We think we will make a 3rd diablogame! right?
Whell! blizzard is a big ,proud and successful company... why in god should they sell a right to sell diablo3 to Disney? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHahahahHA... HAHAHHAHA... haha... ha

I don´t think they are that stupid! whell your stupit who spreading reputations like this! HAHAHHA you fool!

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
lol and i get my news from the daily show with john stuart! haha fox is THE WORST news thingy ever!
and as for you livirus hush dont argue with him thats what h WANTS you to do..

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
*sigh* if this doesnt turn into a serious discusion about d3 (not how stupid he celestial is) i will have to void this... so... talk about.. what would happen IF blizzerd did sell the rights to disney.. how would the game come out?

haha what a bullshit topic.. oh well.. we shall see how it turns out..

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by LiviruS
? thats a lie! couse blizzard havent leaked anything yet about diablo3 thay have just said! We think we will make a 3rd diablogame! right?
Whell! blizzard is a big ,proud and successful company... why in god should they sell a right to sell diablo3 to Disney? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHahahahHA... HAHAHHAHA... haha... ha

I don´t think they are that stupid! whell your stupit who spreading reputations like this! HAHAHHA you fool!
Heh. See why I love this forum now? The comedic value of this post is excellent!

Torrid. You're spoiling the fun. :(

Kevnii

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't know if i want to believe that disney's going to own Diablo. I don't think i'd enjoy fighting big goofys or winnie the pooh, i'd much rather stick a spell or two in a blood spewing demon. lol
i doubt seriously disney would bother with diablo, they have a million other kiddy video games out there, why would they bother with one that includes blood, demons, and everything not nice. lol
any reasons out there?

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
hahah that would be very gay..funny but oh so gay

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kevnii
i don't know if i want to believe that disney's going to own Diablo. I don't think i'd enjoy fighting big goofys or winnie the pooh, i'd much rather stick a spell or two in a blood spewing demon. lol
i doubt seriously disney would bother with diablo, they have a million other kiddy video games out there, why would they bother with one that includes blood, demons, and everything not nice. lol
any reasons out there?
Well, the Diablo line is one of the best selling video game series out there. Even with the 1.whatever million that Disney's buying it for, they'll be making a lot of money off of this.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I guess we'll find out in a couple years if that's the direction that Disney decides to head with the game. Who knows? Maybe they'll just add Bambi like the article says. That wouldn't be THAT bad...

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
disney's gonna make the game for little 8 year old and make it all pink with flowers and bunnies!!! ahhh thats insane.

Teddy

Reaction score
idefy how would u know that?.......

IDefy

Reaction score
they will because there disney. they cant possibly have an ounce of violence in anything they do directly. i know they have parts in movies that have been rated R adn what not. Disney is just the wrong company for a job i mean its like saying would you want a little kid to direct a movie like T3 or a highly paid professional. Disney has no experiance in making games what so ever. The only thing they know how to do is to ammuse ppl with little kiddy rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.