Blizzard Says No War Of World Craft 2 Any Time Soon

Tie

Member!
Reaction score
The developer behind the world's most popular MMO, World of Warcraft, has told VideoGamer.com that it has not even begun to think about a making a sequel.

"We haven't even started to think about a sequel," he said. "The team still has a huge wishlist of exciting features to add on top of what's already been implemented since launch. Not to mention, we're all still playing the game pretty heavily ourselves, and there's a lot more content that we want to see as players."

Soucre

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You'll see it around 2010, Blizzard doesn't rush sequels and usually takes 6 or so year gaps between games.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Sequels in MMO's are just to redefine graphics. WoW is fine.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everquest came out what, like 98 and it took till 05 to get a sequel.

What makes you think that three years into WoW they're going to make a sequel?

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
They're probably going to put out an expansion every year or so anyways.

Reaction score
World of Warcraft is still far to popular and amazing! to put out any sequel anytime soon.

Unfortunately since last visiting these forums I know longer work at Blizzard as I have gone with Blizzard North to Flagship Studios, I'm having a great time here and we just put out Hellgate: London on Halloween as I'm sure you are all familiar with and I'm currently working very hard on Mythos, Come check out how the beta is going if you have some time! See you there. :)

http://www.mythos.com/

-Chris

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Can you get me into the Mythos beta, I signed up a few weeks ago. :)

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wait, I remember this guy, you're the one that phishing emails and sending trojans, correct?

Reaction score
I was posting information that I received at the time from my team, And no I never sent any harmful things to anyone. If there is any evidence to prove otherwise then please feel free to say so. :)

I am being generous and offering my help to you, If you do not want it then that is fine.

Just a little more information for you though, I will never send any file to you so there is no need to worry about a so called "trojan"

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Though at the same time you're not proving anything more than you're capable of making a forum account with the name "Blizzard" and posting in blue.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Chris[Blizzard], please email me immediately at battleforumsdotcom [AT] gmail.com from your work email address so I can verify your legitimacy.

Reaction score
Ok, I understand your concern and that is fine.

If anyone else has had any trouble getting into Mythos and would like me to try to give them a hand, Please inform me asap.

I am very busy and will check back when available to do so.

Leave your email, That is all I will need to send you a beta invitation.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Though that can even be easily spoofed, right?

Edit: I guess this guy is either not that savvy in what he's trying to accomplish or too lazy to spoof.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, I understand your concern and that is fine.

If anyone else has had any trouble getting into Mythos and would like me to try to give them a hand, Please inform me asap.

I am very busy and will check back when available to do so.

Leave your email, That is all I will need to send you a beta invitation.
Chris, either you email me from your work email account, or I place your posts in moderation queue. With all due respect, I'm not going to allow you to harvest email addresses without proving your position.

I don't want to have to call up Flagship Studios to sort this out.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Obviously "Chris" is more interested in Mythos than any blizzard game.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm a computer programmer! I will never send you a "so called trojan". Know leave all your email addresses plx.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As I said before you deleted my post, this thread smells.

This has happened before in BF.

Just remove this thread, please.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You'll see it around 2010, Blizzard doesn't rush sequels and usually takes 6 or so year gaps between games.
Try 2015, MAYBE. By the time graphics are massively redefined enough to outdate WoW, certain organizations will start to actually understand the quantum mechanics that they're already working with, so game design and software design in general is going to take a massive leap around the later half of the next decade.