Blizz sorc build - need advice

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
kayen said:
Ok...So i write a little guild about pvp blizz sorc , i'm planing to make a good pvper sorc , so i just wrote my plans :) hope it will be useful...I didn't knew about the best gear in few places , who knows it well - plz correcct me , add smth or advice witch to chooce :) And i need an advise about stats.
First about the gear :
Armor : Guardian Angel with Um - I those this couse it gives block , and max res.Um is to reach max res.
Helm : Harlequin Crest with Um - This , couse the 2 to all skills is awsome (+2 to boo too), life and mana boost is nice too , and the damage reduse...Um is to reach max res too.
Shield : Stormshield with jewel - 15% req and with some res or fhr best choise would be -15% req +15 all res. -15% req is for lower str req.Nice block , and the 35% dmg reduce is really worth it.
Shield 2nd : Sanctuary runeword - nice res , fhr - I think vs casters.Not sure about this..
Weapon : Heart of the Oak [Hoto] - 3 skills , 40 fcr , res - universal weapon.
Weapon 2nd : Wizardspike with +15 all res jewel - Awsome res , nice fcr - Vs caster , only bad option is what lowers the dmg...No skill bost. Not sure about this...
Boots:Sandstorm Trek - For str bonus , vit is good too and fhr.
Boots 2nd : Hotspur - These are only vs fire sorcs and fire druids.Nice fire res.
Boots 3d : Rare boots +40 light or cold res.Better with fhr.
Gloves : Frostburn - nice mana pool.
Gloves 2nd : Magefist : 1 fire skills (warmth) and fcr. Both are gloves are good , even dont know witch to those.
Belt : Thundergods - Str and vit boost , light absorb.
Amulet : Mara's Kaleidoscope - Nice skill bost ( +2 to boo too) , res and atributes - good choice.
Amulet 2nd : Nokozan Relic - Vs casters , Raising Sun is better for absorb , but i think it's just too good to use , with max res makes u almost indestructable with fire.Change it with Mara's just after boo.
Rings : 2x soj's for skills and mana.
Ring 2nd : Raven frost : Vs cold.Cold absorb.
Ring 3d : Dwarf star : Vs fire.Fire arbsorb.

On switch - CTA and lidless.

ps.boo =Battle Orders.

Inventory : Get cold skillers with life , mana or fhr opt.I would not put skillers without any opt - better small charms with life / mana / res / fhr.And an anni.

Stat's : Str - 71 , with this u can switch weapons without any problems , you can try to add less if you have charms with str.If you dont have CTA or u wont switch weapons , u can add less couse thundergods gives 20 str and storm 35 - put any items witch gives mutch str , put the gear on and take the items away.
Dex -149 , this make 75% block with storm.
And about energy and vit...I dont know witch way to chooce - with es or vit.
No es : Vit - everything else
Energy - base.You will get mana from items.
With es : Vit - 135 - this gives quite good life pool.
Energy - left.

Ps.I counted stats with perf anni , if u dont have anni put 20 more points to str and dex.These stats are for my listed eqp.

Skills: With Es :
Blizz 20
Glacial spike 20
Ice blast 20
Ice bolt 20
Cold mastery 20
Frost nova 1
Warmth 1
Static field 1
Charged bolt 1
Lightning 1
Chain lighting 1
Teleport 1
Teleskinese 1
Energy Shield 1
Frozen armor 1

No es :
Blizz 20
Glacial spike 20
Ice blast 20
Ice bolt 20
Cold mastery 20
Frozen armor 1
Frost nova 1
Warmth 1
Static field 1
Teleskinese 1
Teleport 1

Tactics : Well i didnt dueled mutch , but i think for meele just dont let our enemy hit u , cast blizz on yourself and fast tele away , if enemy atacks blizz will hit it. for casters try to aim your enemie's and cast blizz on them , dont get too close , cast blizz and tele away.

Ok , that's all.Now i need an adice - with is better more hp , or lower hp and es ? i'm thinking about lower hp and es , but maybe it will burn all mana fast ?

If anyone knows - help me , tnx :)
I really should make a Bliz sorc PVP Guide. I don't understand whats up with people putting storm on a sorc. Too much Strength requirement, Hel'd or not. Stick with Sanctuary, thats what I use. And use Bliz ormus or something that has FCR rather than Guardian Angel.

Edit: ES on bliz sorc=bad idea. Get high hp and put some in energy. Do not put ES on bliz.

kayen

Member!
Reaction score
Hm...But storm has very nice dmg reduce , some res , and good block...with santuary i think more dex would be req till max block , if using low str shield.
And about guardian - it gives block , so i think it's better to put little more str , than lots of dex to reach the max block...now i'l try to test few variants of sorcs on sp :)

edit : and what do u think about gloves ? frostburn , magefist or other ?

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
Bliz sorc doesn't need block really. My sorc has 30% chance to block, and I never die. I wouldn't put any dex or try to get any block at all. You have tele and high fcr your unhittable

kayen

Member!
Reaction score
Ok , starting the testing :
With ES :
gear : guardian , shako , hoto , storm , sandstorm , frostburns , 2 sojs , mara
Life with batte orders : 1098
Mana with battle orders :2066
Mana generates faster than teleport drains it - mana wont finish, u can teleport as much as u wish.
With HP ( no es )
gear : guardian , shako , hoto , storm , sandstorm , frostburns , 2 sojs , mara
Life with batte orders : 1780
Mana with battle orders : 978
Mana finishes after about 1 minute of teleporting and about 15 blizz casted.
With low str
Gear : viper magic , shako , frostburn , arachnid belt , mara , soj's , santcuary rw in large shield, hoto , waterwalks.
ok this is were i felt , no low str shield w good block - i tried large shield , but it took me 228 dex(without items) to max block , i even used waterwalk boots witch gives 15 dex...I chose large shield couse it req low str and it's second by block after tower shield.This build requered 33 str.
Life with batte orders : 1608
Mana with battle orders : 1008
This build req : 228 -149 = 79 more dex
71-33=38 less str
Plus with low str u cant use Thundergods , witch if useful vs foh and other...

ps.i didnt use any hp mana or smth charms , only anni.

hm.. so u offer to put all in vit ? and about str.. ? and to what shield put
santcuary rw ?
-------------------------------------------------------------
ok so i'l make low str and mutch vit :)
but have a question now...ormus has 77 str req...it's quit high :/
now i have 25 str without items , 52 in all , and can use this gear : vipermagi , shako , arachnid , waterwalk , magefist , mara , soj's.
now i cant use lidless , but i think i'l be able to use it with hel rune..with base dex i have 21% block , i think i'l leave it and put all in vit...

Coffindragger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
well Im trying to make a blizz sorc myself right now

Im Using Nightwings, Fathom,
Ormus with Cold facet, Es, And +20 cold dmg
Magefist Or frost,
Tri Rez Boots, with Fhr, dex, and low str requirements
3 to cold skills ammy, ofc with 10 fcr
Two Fcr str rez rings
Alls I need now is a cta, But im broke and cant afford it

My question is, why Guardian angel, when you could have fcr, and more dmg

Fcr Wins duels, you gota be fast with blizz sorcs

Sounds right to me, what you guys think?

Now should i get enough strength to use spirit? Or use Lidless, Im trying to crank out the most damage possible
:hxc

Coffindragger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Yeh, I did the same thing, I have horrible health and mana now...I need a spirit shield