Blade master ........!!!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ok about the quote

Yes, that tp is very expensive, it's really interesting what u said. I think that the hero diing thing for most good and pro players it's an issue of ego, I mean we all think when we are trapped "is my hero going to die in front of this insolent fool? , the hell with 350 gold" :) even if the thing is not personal and we all play for fun.
Also, when your hero is killed the enemy gets pretty much experience points.

Yes, actually you are right, all the races have effective ways to trap and to attack you between their base buidings and when planning that escape, multiple paths must be planned because the opponent knows well his base. this is one of the reasons why this game is great, we can plan alot about us but the enemy can be very unpredictable and the tp places him exactly where he wants inside his base.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Hellwolf, I don't care about entangling roots, if I use BM at start and the NE opponent uses any other than DH, he is dead meat man, my BM will slice his KOTG and my grunts his archers.
ive killed plenty of bms with entangle.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Well after level 2, entangle keeps bm pinned long enough to do some damage to him.
Another fun thing to do is summon or have a true sight unit near your hero. Some blademasters will walk through a number of units and be damaged getting to your hero. Paralyze and reveal him at the right time to do some real damage.

Only use TPs to escape faster, escape a sandwich where you going to lose, and to save someone else. If you need to get a single hero out, either heal him or just use staff and get him out. Shops were invented for a reason.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
A) Yes
B) When you are entangled you are visible to everybody...
C) You should get Claws of attack + LIghtning orb+ Speed scroll.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Well after level 2, entangle keeps bm pinned long enough to do some damage to him.
Another fun thing to do is summon or have a true sight unit near your hero. Some blademasters will walk through a number of units and be damaged getting to your hero. Paralyze and reveal him at the right time to do some real damage.

Only use TPs to escape faster, escape a sandwich where you going to lose, and to save someone else. If you need to get a single hero out, either heal him or just use staff and get him out. Shops were invented for a reason.
Ok, level 2 entangling is effective, but the strong the BM is the less powerfull will be the entangle. It depends on other things too, abot the true sight, I don't care, I only make lvl1 wind walk for hiding, I try to get as high as possible the critical strike.
And like I said before I use a sustaining hero like SH.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
I think BM is shit. It's so ridiculous when some noobs try to harras me and kill acos.. I just get dust and with nerubian tower, he's dead.. or sometimes I get really good laughs when he uses tp. At hands of a master, BM can do some serious damage, but it's the most used hero by noobs also.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
However, most players get harassed BEFORE they get thier shop up. So only your tower, heroes, and ghouls are your means of keeping him at bay.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
I think BM is shit. It's so ridiculous when some noobs try to harras me and kill acos.. I just get dust and with nerubian tower, he's dead.. or sometimes I get really good laughs when he uses tp. At hands of a master, BM can do some serious damage, but it's the most used hero by noobs also.
When I started to play wc I didn't think he was much either. but trust me, he is one of the best heroes.
about the acos, of course when one gets nerubian the harrasing is over, but do u have the courage to fight any hero against him.
During the battle he can get u confused and kill your hero or key units in no time.

Also I want to ask everybody without opening a new thread about the BM, wich is the most efficient way to use mirror image, and blend between the images?

Recently some dude told me a very interesting thing:
I told him that if he uses mirror image, I look at the 4 BM and I can figure wich one is the real. And he told me that this is true, but what about my other units, my army, those require attention too no, the battle is short and the units need "multitasking".
In my opinion this was a good point, I mean BM could be a good distraction.
Also he told me that after I spot the real BM he can wind walk me and escape easily.

What do you people think?

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
list of heros that can kill Bm one on one (all lvl 10)
KOTG: entangle, trees, atck,heal when low, rentangle, dead?
DH: immolation lvl 3 is good, great mana burn, chaos attck ulti
MK: yes, he can, here is how...bm images? no prob, clap will kill them off and dmg the original. bolt, avatar, bash, dead.
Warden: SS, ulti, fan knives,SS
DL: him is also a surpise to you? bm images? no prob, send infernal to kill images and hurt real one, swarm, and continue to hit him
CL: same way, bm images? u impale, killing images and dmging the real one, do locust swarm, impale ect.
FS: him is also a surprise? do wolfs, chain, quake. see him a bm is still alive
TC: yes he can. stomp, kill images, shock wave, stomp, OH NOZZORS HE IS TEH KILLED TEH TC IS TEH DEAD!,HAHAHHAH IM L337 I HAVE TEH L337 REINCARN,pwnzorz his ass

thats all i think, though i doubt anyione would watse an ulti on a bm

btw if a wirlwinds, just run or stun or w/e uve got, then come back to finish it

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
_JaKE said:
list of heros that can kill Bm one on one (all lvl 10)
KOTG: entangle, trees, atck,heal when low, rentangle, dead?
DH: immolation lvl 3 is good, great mana burn, chaos attck ulti
MK: yes, he can, here is how...bm images? no prob, clap will kill them off and dmg the original. bolt, avatar, bash, dead.
Warden: SS, ulti, fan knives,SS
DL: him is also a surpise to you? bm images? no prob, send infernal to kill images and hurt real one, swarm, and continue to hit him
CL: same way, bm images? u impale, killing images and dmging the real one, do locust swarm, impale ect.
FS: him is also a surprise? do wolfs, chain, quake. see him a bm is still alive
TC: yes he can. stomp, kill images, shock wave, stomp, OH NOZZORS HE IS TEH KILLED TEH TC IS TEH DEAD!,HAHAHHAH IM L337 I HAVE TEH L337 REINCARN,pwnzorz his ass

thats all i think, though i doubt anyione would watse an ulti on a bm

btw if a wirlwinds, just run or stun or w/e uve got, then come back to finish it

Ok, please explain me how MK or CL destroy the images?
impale and clap doesn't dispel.
I don't agree with you in most of the examples because: no one can dispel mirror and u have to choose between 4 BM that don't do nothing but attack u, the damage is there so u can't figure wich one is it.
FS can't kill the BM, not by a long shot, he doesn't need to use even mirror, just bladestorm will nearly kill FS.
KOTG is dead also, he has to find the real one to entangle him, not to mention that on this hero too bladestorm is nearly fatal.
TC has to find the right one and the bladestorm is good good against him too because is got low armor.
DH I think is close, but still it has to find the right one, and even if it does BM can mirror 3 times with his lvl10 mana.
DL I think it's the closest one, actually I think that it could kill the BM, because it has the INFERNAL (best ultimate in my opinion) that uses vampiric and also sleep is good in this case.
Warden is also close because she has that avatar, but if she uses that there will be no more mana for the SS and the fan of knives.

So, from your list only one example is good and that because it can keep himself alive with vampiric and sleep some mirrors while the Infernal's imollation and huge chaotic damage will hurt the BM.
To prove to you that I am as objective as possible I will give 2 more examples of heroes beside the DL that could be threats for the BM in this 1 on 1:
-first is the pit lord, howl + doom guard that has spells and chaos damage is good.
-second the panda, his 3 warriors with spells ultimate is pretty good in this case.

Now we can see that practiccaly the heroes that summon other ultimate units are good, but practiccaly the BM can kill the hero even if the summoned unit remains, so he wins (an exception could be the panda).

Also, these are rare cases, practiccaly is imposible in a game for both players to reach lvl 10 with their heroes, I got lvl 10 at my hero only 3 times since I play Wc and this was only in 2v2 games, not to mention that my opponents had lvl 4-6 max.
Now we could get a little more real, make a list with heroes that can kill BM in one on one at lvl 1!
The closest will be DH because mana burn will have the same portion of spell damage as critical strike but he can't kill the BM because BM is a little more powerfull that the BM.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
yes, bladestorm would be a killer in hero duel.. but seriously.. who would just stand there??? And about that early harras... I always get shop very early, so that has never happened to me, even the fastest bm harrasers I have killed or forced to retreat.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
When I started to play wc I didn't think he was much either. but trust me, he is one of the best heroes.
about the acos, of course when one gets nerubian the harrasing is over, but do u have the courage to fight any hero against him.
During the battle he can get u confused and kill your hero or key units in no time.

Also I want to ask everybody without opening a new thread about the BM, wich is the most efficient way to use mirror image, and blend between the images?

Recently some dude told me a very interesting thing:
I told him that if he uses mirror image, I look at the 4 BM and I can figure wich one is the real. And he told me that this is true, but what about my other units, my army, those require attention too no, the battle is short and the units need "multitasking".
In my opinion this was a good point, I mean BM could be a good distraction.
Also he told me that after I spot the real BM he can wind walk me and escape easily.

What do you people think?
Often, it doesn't take much to discern the real from the illusion, perhaps 2-3 seconds, if you are a good player. It is a lot harder if units like Shamans and the Tauren Chieftain are in the way, for the reason that it makes things much harder to focus on. But I wouldn't base my strategy around confusing people with the Blademaster.*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Too bad you CANT STUN bladestorm, its a little thing called Immune to Magic.

You can freeze the Blademaster for 2.5 seconds by using the Raider's ensare then runnning away from him. That is probably the best method of avoiding him.

And who would use immo on bm if it was 1on1, that is a stupid idea. You would be wasting mana which could go into taking off 150 mana from the blademaster. Also, using detection abilities and items will also allow you to kill him.

Also, why would you stun clones. Just check and see which of your men is getting damaged by a blademaster. Then attack him. If there are other units, just attack the bm and see which one takes the least damage.

The problem is that noobs are totally unprepared, don't know how to use him, or they get so determined in killing the hero; they forget to micro or they get killed by other units (sometimes even by ne trees :)).

pesho_h_k

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:

You can freeze the Blademaster for 2.5 seconds by using the Raider's ensare then runnning away from him. That is probably the best method of avoiding him.

And who would use immo on bm if it was 1on1, that is a stupid idea. You would be wasting mana which could go into taking off 150 mana from the blademaster. Also, using detection abilities and items will also allow you to kill him.

Also, why would you stun clones. Just check and see which of your men is getting damaged by a blademaster. Then attack him. If there are other units, just attack the bm and see which one takes the least damage.

The problem is that noobs are totally unprepared, don't know how to use him, or they get so determined in killing the hero; they forget to micro or they get killed by other units (sometimes even by ne trees :)).

That's right :)
And that's why, when you play Orc, your fisrt hero should be Shadow Hunter :) He damages from distance (no risk the ne trees hit you, for example), and also you can heal grunts ...
this is the perfect hero for rushes ...

( unfortunately - the wrong race :( )

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
Mirror Image is good distraction and you can escape with wind walk... BUT not many players use ww AND mirror image.. reason is cos they cost total 200 mana. so you cant use them both effectively. It's always better to get either ww and critical or image and critical to bm, I think...

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:

Really is BM ensnarable in blade storm?
Anyway I am glad that he is spell imune because blade storm is his only spell that does area damage, and last only 7 seconds, in wich he inflicts almost 800 damage, beside this he is a pretty much a 1on1 killer.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Really is BM ensnarable in blade storm?
Anyway I am glad that he is spell imune because blade storm is his only spell that does area damage, and last only 7 seconds, in wich he inflicts almost 800 damage, beside this he is a pretty much a 1on1 killer.
Yes it can be done, and I did it in a tourney game to tie it up.

Ensare is a physical buff, not a magical one!

pesho said:
And that's why, when you play Orc, your fisrt hero should be Shadow Hunter He damages from distance (no risk the ne trees hit you, for example), and also you can heal grunts ...
And 3 of them in a sh rush all armed with Serpents can be a pain if the enemy doesn't have towers.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
BM owns like motha ****a :( true story.

BM > NE harass

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, if you can't keep him under control and stop him from killing your wisps. It does. But a few times I have killed BM via a tree.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
I think kotg is best to counter bm harras. cos u cant entangle him between your ancients and do some good damage... dust can also be bought in nelf shop but I don't think many players make early nelf shop?