Blade master ........!!!

I_am_noob

Member!
Reaction score
I have 3 question about Blade master here :
---As we known , Crypt lord have a "armor - skin " to back the damage to melee unit when it attack him . So if i do a crittical , Is it be backed ?
---Blademaster have ability to windwalk , if i being entangle , can i use windwalk to escape - as mirror image
---And i heard from my friends : You have to buy up some item to make Blade more powerful , but he didnt say what item . Can i ask about them ?
THX THX THX THX THX THX

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think it returns critical damage.
entangle > ww. you are still seen.
and the item id say would be orb of lightning because of the chance to cast purge.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Simple answers!

Yes
You are visible while you are stuck, mirror image dispels the effect
orb of lightning and claws of attack items help.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Simple answers!
orb of lightning and claws of attack items help.
I think gloves o haste and ring of protection combined with those 2 can really make damage.

Anyways the only hero in this game that can try to stand up against BM in direct combat is DH.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ACtually, quite a number of heroes can fight him, just demon hunter has the easiest time.

I_am_noob

Member!
Reaction score
Orb ? It's ok to buy , but gloves of haste and claws is hard to find , maybe creep might purchase them , but sometimes there are nothing . Is there anymore ?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
ACtually, quite a number of heroes can fight him, just demon hunter has the easiest time.
mass ss from warden might be able to do it. but fighting those criticals is going to sting

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Warden can slow down BM and take a large chuck of life outta him at the start. Later on, she can really assassinate low level heroes like Lich and FS. The 225 can take out almost half thier life.

I_am_noob

Member!
Reaction score
Hey , Hellwolf : Are you an Orc Player ? Which race do you play ? Why do i ask this ? Cuz i saw you answer some of my questions really good ( anout orc )
-----I heard some people say " With all race , you must build your town such as a way , and only 1 way for your troops to get in/out . This will make your town hard to beat , and also you have good way to move "
I dont understand the "....." . Can anycone post here or post rep ?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I can't even understand a single word you just said!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I think he is a hero assasin. I remember one game in wich I had 200 hp left on my BM and I killed a full health dark ranger in about 4 hits because of critical strike, and not to mention that with bloodlust and critical strike level 3 this hero can kill even DH's Metamorphosis.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but also take into consideration that there could be other units near the hero you are trying to assassinate. You could be stunned and focus fired, possibly badly wounded or even killed.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, but also take into consideration that there could be other units near the hero you are trying to assassinate. You could be stunned and focus fired, possibly badly wounded or even killed.
Yes he often gets focus fired, but this is where wind walk comes into play.
Unfortunately there are some effective strategies used against wind walk, the thunderhawk from the beast master, and not to mention that dust of appearance wich is available at the beginning of the game for UD, NE and at the goblin merchant for the other races, the worst is that owl scout from POTM (luckily it is not used very often because of the POTM's other spells).
I still prefer the BM, because he is powerful (high starting armor, damage, attack speed, move speed), especially at the beginning of the game. So what, if they see him, I will not attack with him leading the army, I will use him in the middle of his range units (I like him alot against the NE archers).
The BM usually needs a good sustaining hero like shadow hunter.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
What good is wind walk when you are under entangle roots and such? The real bitch about imba is mostly from players who don't counter the bm threat fast enough. Which isn't difficult since it revolves around basic use of spells and effects like Far Sight and True Sight.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
What good is wind walk when you are under entangle roots and such?
Hellwolf, I don't care about entangling roots, if I use BM at start and the NE opponent uses any other than DH, he is dead meat man, my BM will slice his KOTG and my grunts his archers.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Demon Hunter is still killable, just difficult since you have practically no mana to escape. Still doesn't hurt to be careful, then again: dispelling roots is easy as casting mirror image.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Demon Hunter is still killable, just difficult since you have practically no mana to escape. Still doesn't hurt to be careful, then again: dispelling roots is easy as casting mirror image.
lvl 1 entangling is weak on heroes and on the BM is nothing, he is too powerful for the KOTG to handle.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I have used BM for many games. However, you need to harass with him and gain the critical strike ability before you can REALLY enter combat. Don't underestimate the power of ents either when harassing night elf, a few times I have seen nooby BMs die at the hands of my Tree of Life. After level 7, he will be a difficult hero to kill. Especially when he cloaks and Bladestorms near your casters (which is what I aim for along with ranged units). Since ranged sucks against BM and magic won't do a thing.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I know what you mean. I have used BM for many games. However, you need to harass with him and gain the critical strike ability before you can REALLY enter combat. Don't underestimate the power of ents either when harassing night elf, a few times I have seen nooby BMs die at the hands of my Tree of Life. After level 7, he will be a difficult hero to kill. Especially when he cloaks and Bladestorms near your casters (which is what I aim for along with ranged units). Since ranged sucks against BM and magic won't do a thing.
One of the most important things in this game for any hero, not only BM, is not to get tricked between the buildings of the enemy, especially NE and UD.
At level 7 he is the man, usually level 5 is enough for me (lvl 3 critical strike), and than to finish the job I go bloodlust, and I use second hero shadow hunter.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Orc and human still have issues in the building dept. All races can trap you with units and human can drain your mana with Feedback. Orcs can have thier own BM or Grunts to mash you in. Plan your escape, even if you have to use mana to do so. Don't blow your tp, you will just waste 350 gold instead of using 170 to bring back your hero.

Also, if my post is above you, you don't necessarily need to quote me.