Blacklist - Anybody Interested?

Odinian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
rmarcus.info
Hacks for 1.13 will come up... They always do.

This is not just for hackers!

My friends and I (all programmers) are fed up with back-stabbers, cheaters, hackers, etc.

This would also help (or at least discouarge) BSing and cheating (as in rushing in a NR game).

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Its a great idea, but it won't work. I'm sorry.

If some kid is playing melee and thinks he's the shit and gets pwned up by someone that is better the kid will get pissed and "report" him. Is there really a way to tell if this guy was cheating or not?

Plus, would you want people to send you replays of all the games they play and who they want blacklisted? That's a lot of replays to watch and study before you decided to blacklist these people.

Another thing, if you release this program to the public you know somoene else will take your idea and make it better and more user friendly. That's the way it goes.
My suggestion, find a different game. lol.

Lokinta

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but the future of computers is on the Macintosh. Microsoft just paid 77 billion over to apple to use something remotly like PodCasting! Microsoft will fade away after a while.
Unfortunatly Macintosh will never fade away. And unfortunatly Microsoft will never fade away. Mac is pretty and very user friendly. Windows is very easy to program with and is very user friendly. Both equal out. Mac can't program near as well as windows for the soul reason that more people own Windows. Mac = Windows.

And yes Mac does have the iPod and the super pretty computers that look great. Windows has a close to monopoly on the market and a large amount of people making it better faster than mac. Right now I can create the prettyness of Mac with the functionality of Windows on my windows computer. I think that your comment about Microsoft has little base.

This idea about the universal bot is great. All you need is a large amount of user support. You also need a bot for Windows that you can get to other people. Unless you have a bunch of computers to run the bots. On B.Net bots flood. So you get about 100 bots and a bigass server and your idea will have a base to go on. Good luck. Oh ya and alot of people don't consider Mac programmers real programmers unfortunatly. Get Linux and use it well and you'll get much respect.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Stealthbot already has a shitlist feature... just give your friends enough access to add to the list, and voila. Very simple.

Odinian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
rmarcus.info
Megando: Are you a moron? Read the previous posts first PLEASE.

Lokinta: I use REALbasic, a cross-platform devlopment tool. As for our comments about most people don't think mac programmers are real programmers: Did you know the MS Office is made on the mac? Mac is FAR supioier to Windows for devlopment for reasons that are not worth posting here.

As for windows having "functionality"... Whatever ;) (JK, of course, windows are good (better then macs) at some things).

Thanks for the support!

Cappy: Alright, so the guy revices a whisper saying he is blacklisted. He sends a whisper back saying "1" or "No" or "Nope" or somthing I can set, and he is put onto the probation list, and will not appear to be blacklisted. If he is blacklisted by several people (atleast 1 must have a ladder rating) he will be blacklisted and I will get an email telling me to check it out.

No, I do not plain on watching replays unless I have to.

As for people making it better, look at Mac and PC. Mac comes out with an update, then PC does. One of them is always on top, and that will be ME.