Best Zerg Build-Order

1_Tanarus_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wulfram.com
Hey, I am a little rusty on my Zerg building and all of that.. is there a certain good build order out there? I am good in Terran, but not very good in Zerg, and realy need work on Protoss, so thx in advance for any order :)

Jg_knight

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well

on most maps i like to do this
build up to 9 drones and mine when u get 100 mins go overlord
when overlord starts just chill and wait till u have 300 mins and make a hatchery and as soon as that happens pump drones when u start to run out of larvae again u notice ur money is still increasing and u can pop a pool down somewhere and immediatly after u start ur pool put an extrator down and maybe some creep colonies and as soon as ur extrator finishes u got gas and 2 hatheries and ur on ur way to do wat u want after that u can go hydras go to lair for lurkers or spire and go mutas or zerlgings basically anything. well thats my post ill check it later to see wat u think. thx

Tool

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is his build order...

another one is 9 drones... build extactor, build another drone, cancel extractor, wait till 200 build spawning pool, as soon as you have 50 min build the extractor agin, then wait till 100 min build ovy, once extractor is done send 3 drones to it, then when spawing pool hatches you should have enough for lair, morph it inot a lair, build hydra den, then wait for liar (while building 4 hydras or so....) when lair comes up upgrade lurk evolution on the den... then lurk rush... it seems long here.. but trust me, when done properly it works well...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
There are many basic builds for zerg, here are the most used:

Hydra/lurk w/ fast expansion (ZvT)
- Drones to 9/9 suply
- Overlord
- Extractor trick to 10/9 supply
- 2 more drones after overlord is finished
- Make hatch at natural exp with one of the drones
- Pool
- Extractor at 13/17 supply
- Lair at 100 gas
- Hydra den at ~66% lair

Make lots of hydras and lurkers (hydras are ur main force, if u have 1 group of lurkers u should have 2 or 3 groups of hydras)

Muta/ling without fast exp (ZvZ)

Note: There are many ZvZ builds, this is just the one i use.

- Drones to 9/9 supply
- 2 more drones
- Make pool and extractor with the 2 drones
- Get drones to ~12 supply and add another hatchery (in ur main, NOT the expo) asap
- Make ~10 lings
- Lair at 150 minerals + enough gas (u will usually have more than 100 gas at the time u have enough minerals)
- More lings
- Spire as soon as the lair is done, go mass mutas + lings

Dont forget to expand, but dont let it get in the way of ur unit production since u will get run over if u do. ZvZ is very stressing.

Ling --> hydra/lurk (ZvP)

In ZvP u should get lings in early game. Use one of these builds:

- Drones to 8/9
- Overlord
- One more drone
- Pool
- Second hatch in main asap

or

- Drones to 9/9
- Overlord
- Hatch in main
- Pool

Either way works, depends on what the enemy is doing and what u are planning on doing later in the game. Keep the toss in his base, expand and mass hydras and lurkers in mid/late game.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have enough minerals to make an Extractor and a Drone. And make sure you have 9/9 Supply. Make an Extractor with any Drone you wish, when the Extractor starts to build, you will have 8/9 Supply. Make a Drone. Cancel the Extractor. You should have 10/9 Supply. This will make for a quicker Hatchery or a faster Spawning Pool.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, it wont get u a pool faster. The extractor trick is only good if u are making a hatchery before a spawning pool, because u will get 300 minerals slightly faster than if u dont use it.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
lol, 10/9 trick, i use it myself long time, but im just from that thread about floating drone and I have a question to discuss =]
Dont u think 10/9 suply is a glitch - cheating? well it's not such a big deal, but still, blizzard didn't had this in mind when they made zerg, so that counts as a glitch =]

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Its not cheating, the game was made in a way that made it possible.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
if ur rushing have 5 drones mining then once u have 200min build a spawn wit one of em then build an overlord then lings

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
shrimshark, no offence, but your order is gay =] i mean.... jk
why build overlord when u're so short of money, your psi is 5/9 and you need only 3 for 6 lings, here is the fastest rush possible:
- make 5th drone
- 4 drones goes mining and later 5th
- when you have almost 200 build pool
- then make 5th and 6th drones
- now when pool is done you should have about 150 for your 6 lings and 6/9 limit, gl =]

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I would suggest this BO:

- Drones till 6 control
- Pool at 200 minerals
- 2 more drones (7/9 control)
- Right before the pool finishes build an extractor and do the extractor trick so u get 10/9 supply counting 6 lings.

Remember to hot-key ur hatch and rally to his base so u can keep pumping lings.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Its not 10 seconds and it doesn't matter because if u 5-pool u cant afford to continue making lings non-stop.

DG-Soldier

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.damngood.tk
i don't play zerg but heres a good build vs toss

9/9 overlord
11/18 Hatch
12 pool
14 hatch
don't build any drone after 3rd hatch and get 6 lings then overlord

punk rock yam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol i feel like an idiot now, i make 9/9 drones, overlord, make more drones lol, then make a few more overlords, then like after making my tenth hatchery i begin building my other shit... of course while doing this i make a spawning pool and get some zerglings to protect