Best ways to get honor?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I know in the ranking system it's how much honor you have as opposed to how many hk's you have. So I'm wondering how to get the most honor out of things? For instance when I ran WSG most kills I got were between 0-4 honor. These were like all levels from the 20-29 range. But when I was running through Ashenvale I killed a 28 druid (I was 27) and it gave me 10 honor.

I also hear that helping your team in BGs gives more honor. I'm wondering what exactly you have to do to help? Capture a flag? Bring back a flag? Etc.

As well as I'm wondering if there are any other ways of getting honor?

Thanks! ^_^;

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
winning games in WSG quick and efficiently is the best way, even though it is dead on my server now, it was the best thing ever. i got to rank 10 then gave up because no one did it anymore. i would get lots of honor, i got standing.. 5 once too. helping your team is probably doing the objectives of the battleground. the only way to get honor is killing horde and/or winning/losing BG games, you dont get a lot for losing games, but you get some.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I kinda gave up on the honor system, I don't like how you have to grind pvp instances to get ranked. I still pvp all the time outside the instances. Just organised pvp is stupid.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I'd just do pvp outside of BGs, but I want a high rank, and the rewards look nice too. :p

Pie

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah honestly. 0-4 honor? ive gotten 250+ honor on one guy in lvl 60 WSG. trust me, if your goal is to get honor, dont bother with it till 60.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to get a head start. :p

Well I figured you should because like every other person at my level is either Scout or Grunt right now..just figured it a norm. :(

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
To answer your question there are several ways to get honor, completing objectives in BG's is the best way, but when you are fighting hordes its pretty simple.

You only get honor for damage you, or your party does to the enemy. So do as much damage as possible. The first time you kill someone you get full contribution from them, and each kill after you recieve 25% less contribution. So the fifth kill is worth 0 points. This resets each day so it's not worth it to kill someone more than 5 times a day.

XxArchAngelxX

Member!
Reaction score
At level 20-29 you get hardly any honor from BG's, but it is still fun to play, but you can only make it to Private, or the horde equivelant of private at that lvl, at 30-39 you can get to Seargent, I beleive, and so on, at 60 you get much more honor per kill and win in BG

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
by the time im lvl 40 ill be rank 11 with the epic racial mount. ( black mechanostrider FTW )

Beer $lut

Reaction score
iBrandon said:
by the time im lvl 40 ill be rank 11 with the epic racial mount. ( black mechanostrider FTW )
LOL i hope your joking cause your so wrong

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
It's possible but very slim to none chances of happening..

I'm rank 12 with the commander mount as well, but the way I got my honor was going numerous WSG - Warsong Gulch guild runs with our best people, kept winning.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Faint said:
It's possible but very slim to none chances of happening..

I'm rank 12 with the commander mount as well, but the way I got my honor was going numerous WSG - Warsong Gulch guild runs with our best people, kept winning.
its not possible at all this patch they are improving honor ranking for lower levels next patch but right now it would be impossible and a ****ing waste of time

Sakuhta

Reaction score
ProdigiousLucidOsprey said:
To answer your question there are several ways to get honor, completing objectives in BG's is the best way, but when you are fighting hordes its pretty simple.

You only get honor for damage you, or your party does to the enemy. So do as much damage as possible. The first time you kill someone you get full contribution from them, and each kill after you recieve 25% less contribution. So the fifth kill is worth 0 points. This resets each day so it's not worth it to kill someone more than 5 times a day.
This resets every 15 minutes.