sKaTa644

Member!
Reaction score
Nope the portal never closes once its open atleast mine hasent

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
ZConnor said:
In addition to what Hellwolf said, don't kill Nihithak. It will close the portal to Pindleskin.

Pindle runs are the fastest MF runs you an do when the portal is open. And he gives up such wonderful items from time to time too.

ZConnor
Correct, if you do! You need the waypoint and will have to go up two floors to get back to pindle. ALSO! You will spawn right in front of him, in hell that is not a good thing.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
blizz sorc,using the moat trick with hell meph,i found some ownage items back in thew day doing that when i played d2

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Moat Trick is good in any RANGED situation

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but blizz sorc killed fastest,ive had a meateor sorc doing 15k meateor dmg,and blizz sorc doing only 4k blizz,and blizz killed 2x faster

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Jim, the reason that blizz kills him faster is because he is weakest to cold, even though his resists are all 75 in hell. But any sorc with 1 into static field kills him faster then just blizzard alone.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, but the Meteor doesnt have fire resistance -. Unless you are carrying items that permit that.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
I can argue both ways, my meteorb sorc in NL, kills Meph in about the same time as my blizz sorc in ladder, even though both have sf.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I usually try to kill Meph with freeze. My vengadin causes it and my merc does the cold damage. I have conviction so it works wonders on these kinds of monsters.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
I dont like to use din's for anything but hammers, not too many things immune to the magic/physical dmg...Infact, I dont believe there are any.

well, back to the main topic(I think), I just put 1 into sf for all my sorc's, so I can do any kind of MF run(even if they have shit for mf).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I won't have to worry bout immunities. I DROP THEM :)!! My Paladin can take on most of the prime evils, even when he has his mf gear. However, he doesnt have enough base strength to weild Baranar's alone.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Those kinds of dins need a lot of good gear, not easy to make for the poor(like me), infact, its damn near impossible to do anything alone...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Believe me, you bring up a strong case. A paladin is good, but it lacks good gear and HP to keep him in combat. Then again, a 3k damage vengeace w/out the -95% conviction goes along way (he's lvl 75, he hasnt maxed lvl)

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
If I were able to do all that some people do with bots, I'd be able to make any char that I feel, but I can't. My computer isn't all that great, and I BARELY am able to play D2 without lag alone. And making any char that requires a lot of + to skills(Vengedin, Trapsin), its very hard to be any good, and be able to do thing, so I think that I'll stick to what I make best, UNLESS I feel that I should go and proove myself wrong and kick someone in the balls if they try and mess with me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dude, Diablo II is an equipment RPG.. not really skill based if you think about it.

IdntyCrisis

Reaction score
I have a question with mfing.Can you find good items on nightmare?My current sorc is not capable of killing the primes very quickly on hell,considering all the imunities, and I'm currently building a pally for hell specificly,but would like to altleast find relatively good stuff to help in this matter.My current mf% on my sorc is 413.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
You can find some pretty good items, but if your looking for good items for a din, you should look into runewords.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
IdntyCrisis said:
I have a question with mfing.Can you find good items on nightmare?My current sorc is not capable of killing the primes very quickly on hell,considering all the imunities, and I'm currently building a pally for hell specificly,but would like to altleast find relatively good stuff to help in this matter.My current mf% on my sorc is 413.
What kind of Paladin are you raising, you will need HoZ no doubt!

IdntyCrisis

Reaction score
The pally I'm building specializes in vengence and meditation,but I haven't put too much into med; cause i wasn't sure about it,considering that you can find mana regen stuff all over the place.I'm considering conviction,for the fact that it will lower the defense and resistance of the mnstrs?

The item Hoz doesn't even ring a bell to me.I don't know what a lot of the good items are. I see trade rooms up for them, but I don't know exactly what they look like. I'm just trying to find a way to find them.I have pretty good mf%, but seem unable to find the stuff.I'll do runs on nm all day long,and find mabey one item worth keeping.I try the "making a game where others will join, so the find % goes up," thing,but no one wants to play in those games. LOL. Also,trying to find someone to mf with, and that person actually will let you have first pick of the drop from time to time, is not very easy.

One important question,when doing mf runs,when does the time frame start for the run?What I mean is this:I start a game.I'm in the rouge to do an Andy run.The faster I get there the better the drop,right?If so, does that particular time frame start when I'm in the rouge,or when I go to the Catcombs lvl2 wp and telly to Andy or when I actually get to Andy and start killing her? Thanks for your help