Best way to mf for good items w/o bots?

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
In addition to the title, with a low amount of mf, because I really don't have all that much mf gear, and my sorc sucks for mfing.

I already have a char that would be good for it, but he has bad mf, and I would like to know cheap, and easy to use gear.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell Meph for easy low mf stuff, such as shako

wait, thats pretty good,

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Get yourself over 200 mf [I've found over 200 makes a nice difference and getting just over 200 isn't very difficult] and hit up these areas:

This is my standard MF run:

1. The pit
2. Andy
3. Ancient tunnels
4. Meph
5. Pindle
6. Baal
7. Cowies

Takes some time but you hit up some large, high level monsters, that can [almost] anything in the game.

ZConnor

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I don't like mfing thru cows. Go for the prime evils and pindle and you shouldn't have a problem.

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Hellwolf_36 said:
I don't like mfing thru cows. Go for the prime evils and pindle and you shouldn't have a problem.
Damn I feel noobish but what are the 'prime evils'??

*cringes and waits for the bitch slap*

ZConnor

Deadlylurker

Reaction score
Baal, Diablo, and Meph. there are lesser evils and i dont have time to post them but 2 of them are in d2 so far they are duriel and andy

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. guys.

HellWolf, the prime evils thing is ok, and the cows thing takes WAY too long for me(I dont have very godly of gear).

I commend all that have posted in this thread, and I may bring it up in the future, and I'll continue to see if it has any new posts by members.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You just need good life leech if you're a barbarian or high cld mastery if you are a sorc. With good equipment, cows fall like leaves; in.... fall!

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
They fall just fine with my wind druid, but they're still time consuming (w/o nigma)

But I do see what your saying.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
SoD, if you are blizz sorc, you shouldnt have no problem with meph + cow + pindle + pit, itsj ust standard, fast, run,

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
my blizzard sorc has shit gear, and her merc isn't any good. I rely on my wind druid, basically for everything.

My blizzard sorc has noob gear and she barely does 3.4k min blizz, and her merc dies at meph everytime, due to lack of good armor (just my luck too).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
3,4k is still high if the bombardment is long. Remember that 3.4k is per second!

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Well, then I must have made my blizz sorc wrong, becuase her dmg doesnt seem to kill things everytime that I cast Blizz over an enemy, in normal mind you.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
How can you have problems killing cows in normal with high damage? Well, go with someone; that always help!

dagecko

Member!
Reaction score
Why don't you moat Meph? He should be relatively easy to kill even with a wimp sorc. And if you're gonna go that, you won't really want a merc anyway so who cares if he's a wimp too...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hockey-Playa said:
Whats a pindle run?
Simple my friend. In act 5, go to Nihilthak's castle and kill a monster called Pindleskin, he's at the front door. Go thru the portal, don't get him from behind.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
dagecko, Meph is easier when you have a merc, especially with a weak gear sorc. Plus I've noticed that if you are able to just tele up right to Meph and walk away and let merc take all the dmg, he is the easiest, even in hell, and I really don't need to moat,(because I'm not too sure of what it is, and I have just enough RAM and MHz to just tele right through the counsil) and I find that I dont get too great of items from Meph with my sorc(considering that she can't do Meph runs in a full game or even 2 ppl game).

So to say the least, I really don't like the fact that I have to do everything legitimately(w/o a bot). But ty for the thought

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Hockey-Playa said:
Whats a pindle run?
In addition to what Hellwolf said, don't kill Nihithak. It will close the portal to Pindleskin.

Pindle runs are the fastest MF runs you an do when the portal is open. And he gives up such wonderful items from time to time too.

ZConnor

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Killing Nihithak doesnt close the portal...