BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
terran zerg is the best.... just learn to use it right and its gg

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well for those who voted for zerg and toss combo, can u guys tell me how each eace would benefit each other? cuz i really dont see that much help

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
i think a good zerg+toss combo would be good. you can do Muta/ling attacks with corsairs protecting and have some zlots in there. Lurkers and dark templars for double cloaked units, but with lurkers you would need to dig first but you get the idea.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Protoss + Terran.

Only because i like Protoss, and Terran can compliment them well. For example -
  • Medics to heal Zealots.
  • M&M and PSI-Storm can just about own any Zerg.
  • Wraiths + Scouts + Corsairs would have to be one of the ultimate 3-unit air combos.
  • The Terran Goliaths and the Protoss Dragoons and High Templars make for an unstoppable anti-air force.
  • Speedlots + Sieged Tanks > Large Siege Tank force. The Zeals would obviously take the brunt of the Tank's shots, while the other Tanks go to Siege-Mode.

Bleh, i just like Terran + Protoss.

Protoss + Zerg just don't mix :-/

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well someone had to agree on toss and zerg combo, but what's good about their relationship?

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by RyanXWing
I'm sure you wont be laughing if EMP it takes away the sheilds of your archons leaving them with 10 health :rolleyes

Terran+Zerg
That's why u'll have shield batteries, and that 'def-matrix' from the science-vessels on ur archons :)

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by K0r34n Jja Shik
Dragoons with guardians, mutas, devourers?

Hydras with zlots taking the fire?

Dark swarming Reavers with cracklings for support under the swarm?

Iono man, just think of everythin you can do.
Hi-templars w/lurkers under dark-swarm
Hydras/Mutas/Guardians "firing into" Disruption Webs
Dragoons/hydras/Lurkers under dark-swarm
Carriers+Devourers w/Scourges rule air
Scouts/Guardians or Scout/Devourer
Arbiter's "Recall" and Nydus Canals
Reavers with ULtralisks taking fire as meat shields
Ultralisks while Archons kill Air under Dark Swarm
Dragoons with ling-support
If opponent has detection, dark-swarm the dark-templar
"Spawn Broodlings" on everything u didn't "stasis field"
Observers and Queen's Parasites for best recons

--I don't play the Toss/Zerg combo. Terran seem more "versatile"

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bomba923
That's why u'll have shield batteries, and that 'def-matrix' from the science-vessels on ur archons :)
Um, archons dont exactly have the Harrassing Potential of a scout: You can't send in a couple archons to attack, then retreat, the archons are too slow and are ground units.

Also, Def Matrix doesn't Nullify the damage completely, 10 hp under defense matrix will last about 3 seconds with the right units.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That why i build more than one archon. One archon/battlecruiser/carrier won't last u the whole game, but many of them will. I usually use the self-recharge shields to take the 1HP damage under D-Matrix @zero shield. Anyway, if i happen to lose the shields or the d-matrix, i just load it into a shuttle or mind-controlled transport, or just recall with an arbiter from my base.

Btw, can two enemy DarkArchons "mind-control" each other?
(I know that two defilers can consume each other):umm

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible, because it takes half a second for the DA to summon enough energy to cast the spell. If done at the right time, you'll end up with each others Dark Archons.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TerranToss is best&strongest against everything IMO. But the only reason, IMO, that u'll ever need the TerranToss power, is if ur fighting TerranZerg (the 2nd best). For everything else, TerranZerg is a easier, quicker, but less powerful, way towards victory IMO, just IMO.

Terran-Zerg:
*The 12D-matrixed Zergling or Scourge trick-
*Goliaths+Lurkers under DarkSwarm-
*Tanks+Lurkers+Darkswarm-
*Medics+(Ultralisks under Def-matrix) under DarkSwarm
*Medics heal any ground Zerg
*EMP/Guardians (that EMP-plague thing i like)
*Plague/Nuke
*Def-Matrixed Queens--can't kill them easily before they Sp.Brdlg
*Valkyries+Devourers
*Def-Matrixed Guardians protected by cloaked wraiths
*All-Marine bunkers w/Lurker support
*Comsats reveal cloaked units(e.g., DarkTemplars, or stuff under arbiters) for lurkers
*Easy access to Infested Comm.Cntrs w/Inf. Terrans
*Def. Matrix the Inf. Terrans with spider mines for defense
*Tank/Lurker dropped from transport safely into a Dark Swarm
*Ghosts aim-nukes w/DefMatrix under Dark Swarm w/Lurker support
*Lockdown Carriers/Battlecruisers for Scourges/Devourers
*Lukers/Sunkens w/Firebat-Bunkers for ground defense (Lurkers/Sunkens kill @range while firebat at short range)
*lockdown/comsats/plague/scourges/ensnare gets the arbiters....and everything underneath...sort of..kinda
*lockdown anything...so those weak zerg units can attack mechs without getting hit
*Comsat' reveal observers for queens' parasite--that's why queens were given fast speed

Well, um, u can't build terran on creep...and u can't "reduce" creep either...so terran/zerg begins to fall, and that's just one reason why i prefer TerranToss

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Btw, the 12-DefMatrixed Zergling trick is this:

1) Take 2Hatcheries and 3Science Vessels:
2) Order the hatcheries to make zergling eggs,
3) shortly BEFORE each egg hatches, use the science vessels and put a defense matrix on EACH egg.
4) Wait a second or less...
5) Two zerglings will pop-out of each egg...and they'll BOTH have that defense matrix thing on them!
6) 6eggs worth in two hatcheries will make "12 Defense-Matrixed Zergling--" just dying to attack!
*use these anywhere (i.e, defend expansions, expand, kill enemy or base...etc) nothing can stop them :D .....especially under Dark Swarm

With around 275HP from Def-Matrix, medics, dark swarm, tanks, EMP, goliaths, comsat detections (against darktemplars), this TerranZerg strategy is almost unstoppable IMO, almost ...not perfectly, just almost.

Do this again, but use scourge' eggs---to make 12D-Matrixed Scourges that can take out any small air force:)

However, TerranToss is still stronger...

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
terran toss....

terran got great ground forces, and they can hold a position like no other race, or seige the hell out of something that cant reach it. and toss just incase they do reach your tanks/mines....

or terran can be basic ramp protection and toss can play dropship warfare and harrassment on anything. the only thing that could really beat this is a good gaurd muta/devourer combo... gaurds are great seige weapons against terran forces dug in.. but valks/sairs oughta be be plenty enougrh to handle any air i can think of.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I'd say Toss/Zerg would be good for late game, since Zerg and Toss seem to have the more powerful air units and late-game ground.

Terran/Toss would be good for the beginning and mid game. Terran have Gols, Tanks, M&M which are much more useful during the beginning and mid game than in late game. Terran air isn't impressive, with the exception of the Wraith (only because of Cloak) and Vessel (Spells). Toss have awesome mid-game units (most can be researched in early game, but are too expensive to amass until mid-late game). A sizeable amount of Corsairs and Scouts rule the air at just about any given time. Terran Tanks + M&M can tear through most ground forces, while Toss air can blast enemy air into oblivion.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I once played TerranToss against TerranZerg...

*It was mid-late game, and everyone had almost every upgrade. With comsats/observers, I saw that the opponent was building tanks, hydras, mutas...everything they needed to kill me. Anyway, i started healing and rebuilding my army, along w/some bunkers and pht.canns. Unfortunately, their "24-Dmatrixed Zerglings", along w/hydras/tanks/lurkers crippled my defenses, and my every outpost. I took off some shields w/Irradiate and Scarabs...but they scourged my Science Vessels and tanked my reavers, and sent several infested terran w/def.matrix to my base. I was pretty much dead until...

Fortunately, I just completed my two nukes, and some arbiters cuz i wanted to "stasis" their army. They had detection, firepower..etc...and everything they needed to stop my nuke...

That's when it happened: I moved my arbiters to stasis some enemy detectors and two-thirds of their army...15real-seconds later, I took my ghost safely to that site...and nuked their army. (my stasis-effect came off just before the nuke landed) Only two enemy units escaped my nuke, and the enemies i did not stasis went back through their nydus canals, and started building their own base defenses. Next thing i did, i made some shuttles and a small army of my own. I recalled the shuttles into their home base with the arbiters. I immediately stasised my transports, and maelstromed some scourges. Then, just after my every arbiter, scout, and dark-archon was destroyed, I recalled a cloaked ghost. 10 Seconds later....BOOM! Their defenses destroyed, my shuttles perfectly preserved. By the time the enemy arrived, my army had destroyed 90% of their home base. Whatever they had left, I mind-controlled, and got two battleships. Even tho they got blinded by medics the second i mind-controlled them, my observers spotted them nydus canals...and the battlecruisers, even with 1 or 2HP, blasted those nydus canals before getting destroyed.
Oh yeah...they send 24 D-matrixed Zergling @me, with some scourges...but fortunately, i destroyed their last command centers and depots before i lost the game (i only had two pylons, one nexus. Cuz they lost those nydus canals, they couldn't get to my base in time, so i destroyed the only 4 buildings they had left.)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome man. I've never heard someone ACTUALLY doing the Statis trick while nuking. Good job man. Pretty l33t...:D

-EDIT---> Please tell me you have that replay...

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that sounded sweet man i would love to look at a replay like that

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was quite lucky tho. They were about to lockdown, EMP, and then "scourge" my shuttles, but i also recalled medics w/restoration, high templars for hallucination, and the most useful-->DAs. They feedbacked those ghosts&vessels, mind-controlled the battlecruisers, and mael-stromed the scourges. Quite useful, but i was a little lucky...

Remember my TerranZerg 20-strategies list? I got one for TerranToss (not that anyone might need it, but then again..)

*Arbiter Stasis/Nuke trick :shoot
*Arbiter/Bunker Defense trick :)
*Medics+ShldBatteries for full healing
*Battlecruisers+Carriers (the only capital ships in all starcraft)
*Bunkers and Photon Cannons (best defensive placements)
*Comsats&Observers for best detection
*Def.Matrxed Arbiters can recall troops behind enemy lines without getting destroyed
*Medics+Firebats+Zealots against Zerg (Zealots-hydras, firebats-lings)
*Reavers&Tanks (best ground siege)
*Reavers "behind" tanks (scarabs protect tanks from close range attacks)
*Tanks destroy defenses, so Reavers can drop (or both tank/reaver drops)
*Tanks, Reavers, Psi-Storm, Firebats, Irradiate, backed up by Medics will splash damage against zerg armies
*"Invisible Yamato"--Battlecruisers hidden in front of Arbiters
*Tanks/Bunkers with Marines defended by Dark Templars
*Stasis a Ghost so he won't get killed by his nuke
*Put Disruption Web AROUND bunkers and tanks (melee or close range enemies can't attack bunkers or the tanks)
*Goliaths+Reavers for air/ground damage
*Medics+Dark Templar--medics can heal, restore effects, and blind those damn detectors so dktemplars can attack
*Medics restores lockdowns for Arbiters, so they can cloak and remove parasites (IMO, one of zerg's greatest anti-arbiter spells)
*Arbiters can recall tanks in siege mode
*Irradiated Reavers?????? just trying to think of somethings...
--------------------------
Stuff u can do with Def-matrix on Protoss units::::::::::
*Def-Matrixed High Templars can Psi-storm themselves or anywhere safely
*Def-matrixed Archons/Scouts/Carriers survive Nukes
*Def-matrixed Corsairs can put disrp.web ANYWHERE on MAP (good speed, with good defenseHP means ANYWHERE)
*Def-matrixed archons live after EMP
*Def.Matrixed DarkArchns live after MindControl or EMP
*Def.Matrixed Shuttles for better Reaver Drops

(Whenenver u play TerranToss vs. anything with Zerg...
find someway, somehow...i don't care how much it costs or kills,
try to mind-control enemy defilers. Then, ur strategies become almost impossible to stop..esp.w/darkswarm)