Best RPG of all time...

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yea, with morrowind i killed the dude in the elven nations (assassin quest #1) and then i couldn't talk to the lady in that section about the ring for the one quest for the imp. cult. which really, really sucked. plus, i killed everyone in every house in scyda neen.......my bad.......

BeerMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't really have a favorite rpg, but I would pick Dark Cloud that game is cool and the graphics are good, the characters are cool because they have their own abillity like Goro (one of the characters)
his weapons are hammers and axes, he is strong when you have his ultimate weapon and when his hp is up.
the battle mode is kinda like zalda, you lock on and and you fight.
the monsters look realy awsome, but sometimes they are a pain in the ass,the bosses are hard if you don't train your weapon.
the story line is good not the best it's like this a dark genie destroys villages and you have to rebuild them how? You get alta form the forests,castles,dungeons I have not told you everything about the game, but u can buy it it's really cheap, 29.99$
in canada, I dunno how much in the us.:D

Feanor

Member!
Reaction score
i agree i liked that game and im still trying 2 finish the hidden dungeon.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Nmn is the best it can last forever because ppl can make there own maps

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I Like for the PC Neverwinter Nights !!! They are even Makeing 2 Expansion packs... 1 is said to come out in spring and another in the summer sometime...

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
square makes some of the best rpg's such as the final fantasy series(anything after 8 sucked), the breath of fire series, chrono trigger (cross sucked).

but my favorite would either be the wild arms or the original dragon warrior.

Slayer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ff7 is the best rpg of all time across all platforms, tell me one other game in the industry that toally shifted the scales from nintendo to playstation in one year.

Ghetto_Rap_Masta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok this is odd, i hear people saying Diablo 2 is a good game. Lets get this put straight, diablo 2 blows!!
reasons are:
-sucky, outdated graphics system
-Almost no valuable gameplay or storyline parts, its all-go in-kill kill kill-go back and get more health-go in-kill kill kill
-really cheap sounds and corny sounding music

wkdentns

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My top 10 RPG.

1. Never Winters Nights for PC
2. Chrono Corss for Psx
3. FF7 for Psx and Pc
4. FF8 for Psx
5. Chrono Trigger for Snes
6. FF10 for Ps2
7. FF9 for Psx
8. Wild arm for Psx
9. Golden Sun for gba
10. Lufia 2 for Snes

-_-

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
I would say and i hate nintendo but i think
~Zelda:Ocurnia in Time~
is so awesome i got it like 3 years ago and i still play every now and then, for shits and giggles i guess.

ff9 was cool, Would you call res. evil an Rpg?
oh and if u r a serious RPGer than you need GMud if u r and dont have it your missing out.
If you want i will give you the website. its only like 3??kb and it is long i'd say about 1000hrs plus in it. maxing characters, playing all 80 worlds/dimensions/villages/towns... yup.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ummm zelda is not really an rpg in my opinion. its more of an action-adventure-rpg. and in my opinion, the best rpgs are Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy Tactics.....i like Mario RPG too, man this is tough!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
no, and neither are any of the blizzard games, yeah they're good and all, but not the best, Battlefield:something-or-other(its a year, can't remember) or planescape torment ('98 RPG of the year) i now realize that fallout 2 is not an RPG, but a TPS (third person shooter)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
GTA is DEFINATLY NOT AN RPG!!!! and i did say Mario RPG, threre are only two: Paper Mario and Legend of the Seven Stars, I like Legend of the Seven Stars, which was on SNES.