Best new addition to SC2

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What is the one thing you want to see them add more than anything else?

Personally, I want a naval aspect. What kind of ****ing retards haven't developed the means to travel by water before the means to travel in space? Obviously not all levels have water, so it'd have to be where things were balanced with or without the naval aspect. I want naval transports and fighters, at least. Maybe some races could only attack air or land, but something, come on :(

Your thoughts?

CruelJustice

Member!
Reaction score
I was thinking the same about the naval thing. They should keep the first three races and add at least 2 more. Maybe transforming air units? They have siege tanks already, why not?

It wold be sweet if terran or protoss units can evolve into bigger, meaner units like the zerg mutalisks and hydralisks could.

Maybe a tileset that looks like earth with destroyed buildings and tattered streets.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
maby it can be like gundam and the capital ships can be naval

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
No, it can't be like Gundam. Ever. Thank God.

I like the idea of the apocalyptic tileset, that'd be awesome. They need to add a lot of new buildings and units though. I would say the air transforming units would be nice.. like one mode to attack ground and one to attack air. It would definitely be interesting. I could see the Terran and Protoss unit upgrades too.. like Terran could mechanically attach things to their units, thereby making them bigger and stronger, and Protoss could 'meld' more units together, like with HTs and DTs.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
im just saying since there high tech theres no need for navy they can just switch back and forth, what id like is a upgrade to make a turrent ontop a bunker or sumthing like that
Terran could mechanically attach things to their units, thereby making them bigger and stronger
Gundam :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Honestly, I would like better physics in the game. I mean, the Nuke looked like a castle top with a scoop of ice cream on top. I want that damn blast to poison units and decrease their HP for a large radious, and a noticable shockwave and ad damned huge mushroom cloud. Infested Terran should be able to create a huge biological explosion as well, that actually looks cool instead of doing tons of uneeded damage. Units could look more in proportion, I think as well. For instance, a Marine loosk like it could jump on top of an ultralisk and ride it, when in theory an Ultralisk is like the size of a two story house, or maybe even bigger. This goes with BC's and Carriers especially. They look like toy ships. I want to see bigger ships basedf on what you see in the damn cinematics, where Wriaths are shrimp fighters compared to a colossal BC. I want physics. Now. ;)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
They could definitely make things look more realistic and in scale, and I'm assuming they will. My hopes are that there are those at Blizzard with the same thoughts as us, except better, since they're getting paid for it. SC2 could easily be the best game ever made if they don't go about making it in some WC-related fashion. I want to see everything that could be done, done better. If it comes out with all this new stuff and, say, ten balanced races, I'll die.. in a good way :D

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think A naval aspect would be a good idea. It would just add too many unbalances to the game. I would like to see more detailed/scaled units and have the game be more realistic. Cmon. You have like 5 marines shooting a machine gun into an ultralisk and the ultralisk still ends up winning even after being pumped with like 500 bullets? WTF?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Ultralisks have something called tough hide, bucko. Means Marines won't be piercing much with those popguns they got. :p

I don't think we need 10 Balanced Races, maybe 4, like Warcraft, because if there are too many, the game would be imbalanced due to too many races, and some people wouldn;t use some races, etc etc. I just think that would be a waste of time. But we should be able to play as the Xel'Naga.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Xel'naga would be sweet.. also, I don't see how a naval aspect would possibly unbalance the game. Everyone would get naval, and all the default maps would have any water placement done symmetrically. It'd just make it more challenging and the games more varied. As DM already stated, Ultras have uber-thick hides, and are unbelievably huge compared to Marines. 5 Marines shouldn't be able to own an Ultra.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Exactly. As physics go, a swing of that Kaiser Blade should be able to decapitate a line of marines in a single swing, but it doesn't happen, now does it? :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Also, Carriers would have a lot more than 8 interceptors.. or the interceptors would be much bigger than they are now :D I'd say marines firing at capital ships would never do any damage in reality either :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah. In the cinematics, the Carrier seemed like it could hold atleast 200 interceptors, or something. I like how they did it in SC, but I would definately like to see some improvements in the realistic factor of the game in SC2 whenever it decides to come out.

johnpark1223

Member!
Reaction score
i want to see ships too....

it'd be nice if we can share money too.. like in wc..

i think the races are good the way they are... jsut better graphics n size details

i think heroes would b fun too....

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Adding heroes to Starcraft would be alright. But it means that they probably would have a less then 200 food cap on it. Which would suck ass. Because we all like to see 200 zerglings get slaughtered.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Actually, 400 if you fill your supply. Zerglings only cost .5 supply :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Blah. I didn;t like heroes much on warcraft, it think it made the game sort of imbalanced and unfun for most people who did the jump from WC2 top WC3. But if they changed some things around I suppose it could be alright with SC2. But then again, you never know. This is Blizzard we are talking about here. :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yeah, they might decide all the races are old and crappy and just make entirely new ones :-/

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Or they could slap a 100 years over, then put new names for the old races and give them new stuff, and it would be like cake. But I would miss the old names. And plus, people would hate them if they did that. (Give me my zerg pron! :p)